IGNORED

NBA JAM T.E. question

doubledown

So I use to have a Jaguar, but remember I had modded and sold it years back.  But now I've got the itch, and I'm looking to pick one up and a copy of NBA JAM T.E (and a few other select games).  As I never really loved the Jaguar controller (or even the Pro Controller), I'm planning on building myself an arcade stick for this, and I have a question specifically regarding the in-game control scheme.  According to the manual I found online, the "default" controls are as such:

C - Pass/Steal

B - Turbo

A - Shoot/Block

On all NBA JAM games,sequels, and variants I have and can remember, you can, through the game's setup/menu, change the button layout to suit your needs.  So I'm looking to specifically find out (from someone who can test/verify this for me) if on the Jaguar port you can in fact alter the controls (I assume so as the others allowed it), and, if so, is the following configuration a possible option:

C - Turbo

B - Shoot/Block

A - Pass/Steal

I ask because as from left-to-right C/B/A is the Jaguar button orientation, and on the arcade cabinets the left-to-right set up is Turbo/Shoot/Pass, and I would like it to match.  If its not possible within the game, then I'll need to know that, and I'll simply install a switch to toggle the wiring scheme to get what I'm looking for.  Thanks in advance to anybody who can check/verify this for me.  

Awesome...saves me a $20 switch and the extra wiring...thanks so much for checking.  I figure I'll build my first Jaguar controller like the enhanced controller I made for the ColecoVision:

tihGBa.png

A few cosmetic changes will be necessary obviously, the addition of the Pause and Options buttons, and probably a different joystick, but it should come out nicely.  Thanks again.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I think it came out pretty snazzy:

uxFezZ.png

I actually sold this one a little while back to finance a few other controllers I wanted to build...and I'll make myself a replacement here at some point, along with a dual-wired, twin-stick, pro-controller with rapid fire that I'm planning.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 9:14 PM, doubledown said:

uxFezZ.png

I actually sold this one a little while back to finance a few other controllers I wanted to build...and I'll make myself a replacement here at some point, along with a dual-wired, twin-stick, pro-controller with rapid fire that I'm planning.

It is amazing!!!!   ?

On 7/24/2020 at 11:14 PM, doubledown said:

uxFezZ.png

Dang how much does it cost to build something like that?

7 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Dang how much does it cost to build something like that?

I don't remember what my cost was, or how much time I had engineering, machining, assembling and wiring it, but it was sold for something near $300.  Something similar could obviously be made smaller and/or "cheaper" I'm sure...but I'm not interested in "cheap."  There's enough "cheap" in the world already...I wanted something truly arcade quality, controls that were "Jaguar era-correct"...and built to last say 30-40 years.    ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doubledown said:

I don't remember what my cost was, or how much time I had engineering, machining, assembling and wiring it, but it was sold for something near $300.  Something similar could obviously be made smaller and/or "cheaper" I'm sure...but I'm not interested in "cheap."  There's enough "cheap" in the world already...I wanted something truly arcade quality, controls that were "Jaguar era-correct"...and built to last say 30-40 years.    ?

I agree, $300 sounds reasonable. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, doubledown said:

uxFezZ.png

I'll take it! Where should I send my money?

10 hours ago, tripled79 said:

I'll take it! Where should I send my money?

You'd probably want to send it to the guy I sold this one to...assuming you could pry it away from his hands!  ?

With that said, and in all seriousness, I do plan to build/make/offer more of these (plus 1 or 2 more variants), but currently I'm in the middle of a few other builds right now, and I'm not actively taking orders.  When I get freed up, I will be posting a pre-order thread regarding the availability of any of the models/editions that I've made thus far.  I was planning on doing this back in late January, early Febuary, but I got a little backed up...then the pandemic...and life got in the way.  

• Like 1