IGNORED

Ways to display loose Lynx carts?

unoclay

I'm sure this has been discussed to death previously, but im wondering.

I have maybe 35-40 lynx carts.  Boxes for some, but I dont like keeping them in boxes--reduces the frequency when i will actually, erm, play them.

Trying to imagine a good way to have them on a shelf or out for use.  Imagining anything from something like a photo-album or baseball card holder, to something more artistic, like a roladex-type flip folder---something that would have them lined up like a candy box, and the labels visible.  

Suggestions or ideas welcome!  Most important is to have them grouped together well, but also labels visible.  Aesthetics are secondary to function.  

This is one way to keep/display your carts.  Works great in a binder.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V1H596R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here's what they look like with carts in them:

IMG_0003_sm.thumb.jpg.5f1e5f28c5d80141bbf83cee6791848a.jpg

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 3

Thats a great suggestion and I may end up going in that route.  They do look good, and i could hang it up on a wall or elsewhere.

I guess i wish i could imagine exactly what i want, and then make it myself.  I really like the idea of a "flippable roladex" kind of thing that would losely hold the carts but yet be flippable, like a roladex.  I dont quite know how to make that though, or havent imagined enough yet.  

I got the large official lynx carrying bag. That has 12 or so pouches to hold the cards. I keep the remainder loose in the bag. 

Maybe Google business card holders? There are a lot of different types and maybe one of them will be appealing for storing lynx cards.

There was also a guy on this forum who made a custom metal lynx card holder.  It was a sheet of metal with horizontal lines cut in it that were the width of lynx cards. The sheet of metal was raised about a half inch from the ground with some supports.  I guess there was another sheet of metal or plastic under it to hold the bases. There were pictures but I'm not sure how to find it in this forum.  It looked attractive but you sorta need elaborate machinery to make it. 

Edited by sirlynxalot

You probably mean this (there is the dxf file to use with appropriate machine) :

Personnaly, I use a display stand found on Thingiverse for 8 cartridges :

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3827191

It was very useful at the RGC to showcase Atari Gamer contest stuff :

EKoZBMVX0A4i51J?format=jpg&name=900x900

There are other ones :

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3326183

Edited by Fadest

1 hour ago, mmbe said:

Have you tried this with Game Gear games?

I have not.  If I remember correctly, I think Game Gear carts are every bit as wide as Lynx carts, but thicker.  These fit the Lynx carts pretty snug, so anything larger or thicker wouldn't fit.  I don't have my Game Gear carts with me right now to check (away from home for the holidays).