IGNORED

poconojo

Hello all. I am new to the forum. The Intellivision was my first game console. Purchased in 1980. I think my mom purchased the console at Toys R US or Child World store. I'm not sure. Anyway, I was a supporter of the console until 1990, buying games from INT Corp until it closed. I still play the Intellivision a lot, mostly through emulation. My favorite game is D&D Cloudy Mountain. Also like Chip Shot golf. The new homebrews that have come out over the last 15 years really show what the console was capable of. 

• Like 14

Welcome to the Shangri la of Intellivision!!  We're all mostly around the same age as you and share those same memories!

This is a great forum and often visited by one of the Blue Sky Rangers as well. The hottest topic is the Amico thread, created by Tommy Tallarico.  Check it out.  The Amico will be the 2nd coming if the Intellivision and a lot more.  Check it out!

Child World??  Wow ..I haven't heard that store name in ages.  "Child world...where a kid can be a kid!"  Did you grow up in the NY area?  Those were really popular here when I was a kid 

I do a lot of emulation as well, so if you have any questions, post 'em.  

Again...welcome 

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Welcome to the Shangri la of Intellivision!!  We're all mostly around the same age as you and share those same memories!

This is a great forum and often visited by one of the Blue Sky Rangers as well. The hottest topic is the Amico thread, created by Tommy Tallarico.  Check it out.  The Amico will be the 2nd coming if the Intellivision and a lot more.  Check it out!

Child World??  Wow ..I haven't heard that store name in ages.  "Child world...where a kid can be a kid!"  Did you grow up in the NY area?  Those were really popular here when I was a kid 

I do a lot of emulation as well, so if you have any questions, post 'em.  

Again...welcome 

LOL. I think I got most of my games from Toys R US and some computer game store in the mall. I am excited about the Amico console coming out in 2020. I have been following this for a while now. Always on some Intellivision site. I did grow up in NY. Live in Florida now.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, IMBerzerk said:

Gone... all of it. Now it's all "point and click" toy shopping.  Our local Toys R Us in Bay Shore turned into a friggin' Big Lots... like we need another one of those.

Toys 'R Us still survives in Canada and they've opened 2 of them in the U.S.!  One in New Jersey and the other in Texas.  It's hopefully making a comeback... but very much downsized and focused on "hands on play"... exactly what part of our strategy is for 2020.  Needless to say... we've been talking to them.   :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Toys 'R Us still survives in Canada and they've opened 2 of them in the U.S.!  One in New Jersey and the other in Texas.  It's hopefully making a comeback... but very much downsized and focused on "hands on play"... exactly what part of our strategy is for 2020.  Needless to say... we've been talking to them.   :)

Cool.  Thanks Tommy.  I mean I get the whole progress of life... But it seems this last generation wiped everything out.  

Also... I got the little hint about AD&D you dropped.   I hope your able to get what I think you are getting. 

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1