IGNORED

Season 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 Holiday Break Homebrews

Vocelli

Seaweed assault is weird because it goes against your base instinct as a gamer.  You can either shoot everything that moves or wait around and let things accumulate. If you shoot everything that moves you'll be playing for a LONG time (hence my hand cramp comment), but if you let things accumulate you can score easier.  It's a weird game to be sure, but I've warmed up to it.

• Like 2

Pacman 4k: 4270

seaweed assault: 44

Dragons Descent: 60

I don‘t get the latter two games yet. I think I still have problems with my difficulty switches. Dragons Descent creates new levels anyway, so I guess my switches are crummy. I totally haven’t got a clue what to do in Seawees Assault. Going to look for the manual now. :)

D2224800-3250-4656-B632-9019F36F562C.jpeg

35A7AA73-8DBF-4D8A-ABA2-5460D7A8162E.jpeg

A0B86080-5426-4792-B148-66AD31B2EE54.jpeg

I'm just posting a few more little hints for Dragon's Descent before the weekend starts - Here's a map of the first level on non-random settings:

Level_001001.png.8045ce31e81b4fa09c2b535a29cc3aec.png

You start at the "dragon" icon, and you can see the treasure room just two screens away.  The key is in the upper left hand corner, and the exit is clearly labelled.  

The Atari 2600 switches will change the title screen to reflect your settings.  Atari game modes/switches can be obscure or hard to see, so I tried to change the title screen to reflect what switches are active.

Infinite mode has the infinity symbol in the lower left:

InfinitModeTitleScreen.png.6e0bba95b66447143b00bbb92b8adcb2.png

This is the mode you want if you're playing for a high score, otherwise the game ends after level 7.

The default switches will give you this screen:

TitleBB.png.6093675f4947d1c79a3168f6c73dc00e.png

If you can't beat level 7, then the game is otherwise identical in terms of scoring and level layout.

If you have the random switch on, the screen will fade in and out between two maze patterns:

DragonDescentInfinit.gif.a5fd56af4d77ed6d4aaa350905b6f480.gif

The mazes will be randomized, which can be fun but will severely disadvantage you in a high score competition :)

If you have both the random -and- infinite switches on, the maze with fade in and out between the infinity pattern and a maze:

DragonDescentInfinitRand.gif.beb42560bde410ff7684e78b71de0bdb.gif

I hope this helps anyone having trouble with their settings, or figuring out the first level.  Thanks again for everyone who gives the game a try!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

19 hours ago, voodoo_chilly said:

Only submission this season for me...Pac-Man 4K 92,430
Video of game at Twin Galaxies submission page:
https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/212696-Atari-2600-VCS-Pac-Man-4K-NTSC-Level-Cherries-92-430-John-Marks

PacMan4K92430.jpg

THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!

Awesome score, John Marks!

I saw your joystick evidence at the ending of your video - Edladdin Super 78.

• Like 2

Dragon's Descent-1818

Wound up being a pretty neat game, I wish you didn't die touching the walls, tbh, I think it would be more fun, but still quite good, I'm impressed!

I just can't seem to beat the Dragon, no matter what, I wish I hadn't put this game off until today, but I don't think it's gonna happen...

:D

2600DragonsDescent1818.png

• Like 4