IGNORED

My 1st homebrew: StarQuest

Alena

Alright. You guys like Phantasy Star? You like Adventure? You like Link to the Past? Well, I'm going to develop a game based on Adventure where you can blast into space to various planets. There will be various NPCs to talk to in various towns, and a currency system where slaying foes and opening certain chests will give you points, which you can spend on herbs to heal HP, and a sword in case yours gets stole by a bat. Just want to know: is this possible? Also, I need story ideas.

I would agree with those above, and speaking from someone who started with an ambitious plan at first not realizing the limitations at first. But the fun thing is if you wish to proceed getting something fun and playable from your initial idea. Or if you go the 7800 route, that would be equally cool. That system could use more of that genre 

I’ll do it on 7800 then. I’m actually thinking of having Ys style combat, with swords simply enhancing attack and shields enhancing defense, and you can buy better and better equipment throughout the game. I just don’t have a 7800. Not until I buy one that is! I’ve been saving plenty of money working for my father, and I haven’t spent a cent of it.

Edited by tman03

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:19 AM, tman03 said:

I’ll do it on 7800 then. I’m actually thinking of having Ys style combat, with swords simply enhancing attack and shields enhancing defense, and you can buy better and better equipment throughout the game. I just don’t have a 7800. Not until I buy one that is! I’ve been saving plenty of money working for my father, and I haven’t spent a cent of it.

First question - do you know how to code in 6502 assembly? I assume you don't as otherwise you'd know what is and what isn't doable. If I'm right, learn and start with Pong or Breakout. Every game developer needs to start somewhere. I've been making games for years and I've only just started with assembly coding and there's no way I'd start on a project that ambitious! If I'm wrong and you can code and have the skills to get it done, then do it and impress us all :)

• Like 1