IGNORED

Maker Matrix Controller Review

buzz_n64

Nice review. Thanks for posting it.

I have been playing with mine for a couple weeks now and can give it a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars. I can't knock the quality of the controller at all. While it doesn't have the feel of a Xbox controller it is still pretty solid feeling. For me the button placement has not been a problem up to this point. Also having the primary buttons with some sort of rubberized coating would be nice but again, for me, has not been a problem.

This controller rocks with the new Moon Patrol redux that was posted here recently:

Pac-Man Arcade, Bosconian and Scramble are three newer games that I have really enjoyed with this controller.

I did have a problem with my extension cables. The two that I already own are a few years old and do not work the controller. Jarrod and Herb were great to work with. They verified that controller itself worked with all of the different methods for testing and I pretty much knew it wasn't my 5200. I went ahead and bought another cable from them and they sent the controller and cable out extremely fast. Everything works perfect. 

Overall I would recommend this for any 5200 owner. After the new year I will put an order in for a second one. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 2:11 AM, MakerMatrix said:

Sorry guys, apparently I need to turn on some alerts.

@7800  These are once again available, now.

http://www.makermatrix.com/shop

Any idea when you will be taking orders again? Looks like you are waiting for cables. This last round I ordered the right stick version by mistake. By the time I realized what happened the left stick version was sold out. Would it be possible to purchase one without the cable? The two I already have came with the cables so that isn't going to be needed. 

Nice review.  Decent controller as well. I like the keypad.  Great to see options for controls on the 5200.

But I'll pass.  I don't like what I see with Galaxian and Super Breakout.  I don't think I'll ever buy another controller other than the upgraded stock ones.

Edited by phuzaxeman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 12:39 PM, discotronic said:

Any idea when you will be taking orders again? Looks like you are waiting for cables. This last round I ordered the right stick version by mistake. By the time I realized what happened the left stick version was sold out. Would it be possible to purchase one without the cable? The two I already have came with the cables so that isn't going to be needed. 

I honestly don't.  The new cable that replaced the original one simply does not fit onto a standard DB15 connector.  It's unbelievable.  I understand why they changed it.  The connector shroud had a tendency to shatter because the plastic is thin there.  However, it was thin for a reason and now the new beefed up design simply does not fit.  It genuinely seems useful *only* as an extension cable now and will not work with the DB15 connectors that Scott's design calls for.  Not even if you remove the shield and screws from the connector.  Not even close...  I PM'd you about a cable-less controller.

Edited by MakerMatrix