IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

Collectorvision and Team Pixelboy have done a fantastic job packing the games.  So if your box is like that, but the content are safe, it due to the packing material protecting the product.  Tracking is about 19-30 dollars if shipping out of Canada if I remember correctly.

Maybe you are missing the part where they said it will be “optional”.....

Optional means “available to be chosen but not obligatory”

Let us keep on beating this dead horse to death......

I may get my game by the time we are through debating “tracking or no tracking”

Edited by alortegac

On 6/27/2020 at 11:42 PM, doug0909 said:

No I will not sell you my copy of Professor Pac Man for the Colecovision. I'm having too much fun playing it. 

What? I heard the super secret club game was 'Mario's Sex Toy Factory'!

7 hours ago, AtariBrian said:

[W]hen I buy games from Pixelboy I get tracked packet for less or the same as what Collectorvision charges and they don't have tracking added.

2 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Does Pixelboy is a registered buisness AND pay taxes?

What does A have to do with B? I see no significant, meaningful relation between shipping packages with tracking and being taxed or licensed as a business.

This whole thread is running off into the thickets.

Just now, mumbai said:

What does A have to do with B? I see no significant, meaningful relation between shipping packages with tracking and being taxed or licensed as a business.

This whole thread is running off into the thickets.

What I meant, is we don't work the same because we're a registered buisness 
Anyway, I'm not going to argue on this as I don't have time to 
But if you don't like the shipping fees, contact Toby 

7 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

What I meant, is we don't work the same because we're a registered buisness 
Anyway, I'm not going to argue on this as I don't have time to 
But if you don't like the shipping fees, contact Toby 

There's no argument here (at least from me). I simply do not see or understand the suggested connection. As mentioned above, I think this thread is meandering away from any coherent point, so I'm happy to remain oblivious to it.

I'm not in the affected class, so I have no opinion on whatever the shipping fees are, here.

2 hours ago, doubledown said:

I too share your pain.  How am I going to make a custom "Secret" controller if I don't know what the game is!!!

Same here...  I keep watching USPS informed delivery for that unidentified mail piece... Feel like Bart Simpson...  "Where's my spy camera?" :)

Edited by MMarcoux66
Fix emoji
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mingus said:

Same - Every day I walk to the mailbox and every day it's just filled with junkmail.  I misplaced my power adapter for the phoenix and haven't modded any of my colecovisions yet, so i'll be stuck without a way to play it. 

The power input on the Phoenix is pretty forgiving. As long as it has the correct plug and center positive output, the phoenix can take from 12-24VDC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

The power input on the Phoenix is pretty forgiving. As long as it has the correct plug and center positive output, the phoenix can take from 12-24VDC.

Good to know, thanks!  What's the size for the end?  If the ones I have for my external hard drives doesn't work (I believe they're 12V, 1A, Center +), i'll just order something generic.

1 minute ago, mingus said:

Good to know, thanks!  What's the size for the end?  If the ones I have for my external hard drives doesn't work (I believe they're 12V, 1A, Center +), i'll just order something generic.

The plug should be 2.10mm ID (0.083"), 5.50mm OD (0.217").

• Like 2

Btw it’s no secret this is an arcade conversion so I’m not spilling any secret when I say the following:  I’ve gotten a chance to try the arcade game recently in MAME and for whatever reason I prefer the Collectorvision version.  I think it’s the tighter control!  Or it’s my old age being unable to do well on the arcade game.  One of the two lol

14 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Btw it’s no secret this is an arcade conversion so I’m not spilling any secret when I say the following:  I’ve gotten a chance to try the arcade game recently in MAME and for whatever reason I prefer the Collectorvision version.  I think it’s the tighter control!  Or it’s my old age being unable to do well on the arcade game.  One of the two lol

I should do a direct compare on my MAME cab and the Colecovision. maybe later today