IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

2 minutes ago, doubledown said:

Do they have beer in Canada!?!  Cadlepin bowling...sure, snow...sure, poutine...sure, crazy looking money...sure, but beer...I don't know about that. 

As a Canadian I had to look up what the hell Candlepin bowling was, granted I live on the opposite side of the country to where this is popular.

5 minutes ago, doubledown said:

Do they have beer in Canada!?!  Cadlepin bowling...sure, snow...sure, poutine...sure, crazy looking money...sure, but beer...I don't know about that. 

LOL.  Well, my absolute favourite beer at the moment is an oatmeal stout from Montreal - https://mcauslan.com/en/beer-facts/?brand=st-ambroise-en&product-446

Checkout the reviews, it's a damn fine beer.

• Like 3

As a young man of 19...friends and I would drive up to Windsor for some "good times" and "spirits", which we weren't legally allowed to have in our own country at that age.  Fortunately back then (1995-ish), it was only about a 50 minute drive, and armed with only a drivers license, we could zip right across the Ambassador Bridge.  Times have definitely changed.  The last time I went to Canada, maybe 8 or 10 years ago, it probably took more than an hour  and a half to get across the bridge either way...stupid terrorists...gotta ruin everything!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, doubledown said:

As a young man of 19...friends and I would drive up to Windsor for some "good times" and "spirits", which we weren't legally allowed to have in our own country at that age.  Fortunately back then (1995-ish), it was only about a 50 minute drive, and armed with only a drivers license, we could zip right across the Ambassador Bridge.  Times have definitely changed.  The last time I went to Canada, maybe 8 or 10 years ago, it probably took more than an hour  and a half to get across the bridge either way...stupid terrorists...gotta ruin everything!

Yeah, we used to go in USA/Canada without any passport in the past (Just IDs were fine) 
But since 2001, we need a passport 
Thanks to the stupid terrorists ....  everything changed  :( 

• Like 2

So I got my game today...apparently I had it shipped to my house...I thought it was coming to the office...so happy surprise when I got home.  

So one question...should this game work on an ADAM?  If so, is an SGM required?  So my ADAM is my defacto Coleco console, and upon booting the "secret game" I got the title screen, then I pressed a button, selected my game option, the screen went black...like it was going to start, but then back to the title screen.  I did this / repeated this, about 5 or 6 times, then it finally loaded/started correctly.  After a point where the screen would change...it went back to the title screen.  Tried again, and just got the jump to title screen, no game-play loaded.  When I try it on my Phoenix...it seems to play fine.  So again...just checking to see if this is supposed to be compatible with the ADAM or not, thanks.

4 hours ago, doubledown said:

So I got my game today...apparently I had it shipped to my house...I thought it was coming to the office...so happy surprise when I got home.  

So one question...should this game work on an ADAM?  If so, is an SGM required?

The game played just fine on my Adam and the SGM is not required nor did I have it connected to my Adam.

So possibly a RAM issue with your ADAM or perhaps the cart connector needs a cleaning.

9 hours ago, doubledown said:

...weird then.  I use my ADAM all the time, with all manner of old carts, new carts, multi-carts (plus disks and DDPs)...with no hiccups of any kind...ever.  

Ikrananka and I have both noticed that some of the carts released by CollectorVision since around 2014 have been difficult to get seated just right in the AtariMax MaxFlash cart with CV Adapter in order to dump to a rom image.

i did not have any issues with the 2020 secret game but it might be worth a shot try to favor one side or the other and or front to back when inserting the cart into the Adam. I know there isn’t much wiggle room with the cart opening, but it’s worth’s shot since the cart works on your Phoenix and you say everything else works on your Adam.

Maybe as a last resort, remove the top of the Memory Console to have unfettered access to the cart connector.

The only hardware add-on that I currently have installed in my Adam is a 64K Memory Expander. This shouldn’t make a difference, but I will remove it and test to see what happens.

BTW, does your current ADAM have an extra 64K if expansion RAM installed either on a Slot #3 card or piggybacked to existing RAM chips on the motherboard?

I installed the piggybacked ram chips years ago in one of my ADAMS...not sure if its the one I'm currently using, or one of the other 2...I'd have to check.  I kind of had the thought that maybe it wasn't seating far enough into the card-edge connector...as if maybe the cart's PCB wasn't as low as it should be or some such nonsense.  I can check a couple of measurements when I get home to see if that's any sort of possibility.  

It was Christmas in North Carolina! Awesome job JP, Toby and the rest of the CollectorVision team! It was actually what I was hoping it was. Can't waiting until my next conference call today so that I can start playing it! Definitely first round is on me when we have those beers!

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, doubledown said:

So one question...should this game work on an ADAM?  If so, is an SGM required? 

- Yes, it work on ADAM
- No, you don't need SGM or Phoenix, the game run on a plain vanilla ColecoVision 

Let us knows the results you have, worst case scenario, we'll replace your cartridge if it doesn't work properly

• Like 2

15 hours ago, retroillucid said:

- Yes, it work on ADAM
- No, you don't need SGM or Phoenix, the game run on a plain vanilla ColecoVision 

Let us knows the results you have, worst case scenario, we'll replace your cartridge if it doesn't work properly

I checked the distance from the bottom of the cartridge casing, to the bottom of the PCB inside...and it's well within range of a few others I checked...just on the crazy off chance that the cartridge shell was bottoming out on the ADAM PCB, and the cartridge PCB wasn't going far enough into the card-edge connector of the cartridge slot (crazy...just thought I'd check).  I also tried different "angles" and "depths of insertion"...and it fails every time.  I'll check a few more things, and get with you J-F, if I think it's really a problem with the cart.  Like I said, it works fine with my Phoenix...but I'll let you know.  

Mine arrived today.  Kind of interested in the game. I hardly played it at the arcades so sitting down with it and really giving it a go to see if I  change my mind about it. 

Edited by syn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just want to thanks all the CollectorVision Experience Club Members!

Really, I'm super happy to see nobody spilled the beans and revealed the game
It's really appreciated!

I think you guys understand why we want the Club games to remain ''secret''  ;)

That's exactly why we can have good things!  :D ;)

Cheers!

• Like 6