IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

On 7/7/2020 at 3:15 PM, Ikrananka said:

LOL.  Well, my absolute favourite beer at the moment is an oatmeal stout from Montreal - https://mcauslan.com/en/beer-facts/?brand=st-ambroise-en&product-446

Checkout the reviews, it's a damn fine beer.

Wow!   That Stout looks Yummy!

It would go well with homebrews and the Phoenix I think...

I hope ya posted it in the beer thread...(If I weren't going to bed in 5 seconds I'd link to the thread haha...)

Well, OK...

Mine arrived in good shape yesterday.  Very happy with the title, one that I enjoy.  I find it amusing (not upset, repeat not upset!), that I'm club member #1 and I'm probably one of the last to get mine each year.  I guess you save the best for last, and include a special gift.  That coin isn't real gold is it?

JK, I didn't get anything extra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bomberman93 said:

Cheers! Looking forward to my next Grolsch. The beer, no Bavarian is able to pronounce proper.

Isn't it just "Grolsch"?

Oh, except you're supposed to say the G backwards, Roll the R, and stand on your head while pronouncing the final H.

Edited by GoldLeader
PS I hope you guys will come check out the Beer thread!

I received my membership package and was really excited to finally discover the secret games identity.   Very impressed with the true arcade detail on original 1982 hardware.  I'm happy to be a part of this years membership club.  Thanks Collectorvision, for all the great games!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I was fairly disappointed with the secret game this year.  I haven't had time to play it yet and I'm sure it's an excellent port, but there are two reasons I was disappointed.

1) I was under the understanding that this was to be an arcade game that had not received a home port, yet this one has been ported to the 3 main regions (NA/EU/JP), and is not obscure at all, in either the release or the home console.  This first point may have been more of a shock since I was expecting something that had not been officially/commercially ported to a home console before.  I guess I expected it to be something much much different.

2) I've never been that much of a fan of the game.  Like I said, I'm sure it plays great.  It's not a bad game at all.  It's just not one of my favorites, though I've played it a lot on more than one home console, including a homebrew for the 2600.

But, all that said -- the box was probably the best quality I've seen from Collectorvision so far.  Their releases used to be kinda flimsy, but this box was much more thick and sturdy with a nice quality glossy finish.  The label was on the lower quality side for them.  They've done some very nice vinyl labels on others, but this was kinda dull paper, not even glossy.  All in all, I don't regret the Collectorvision club at all, so I don't mean this as complaining.  But maybe I'll find a new love for the game when I finally get a chance to play this one.

You could certainly be right.  I remembered it as "never ported to a home console", but my memory could be wrong.

But like I said, once I finally get a chance to play this port of the game... maybe, just maybe... it will make a fan of me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Loafer said:

I think what had been said earlier by Collectorvision was it had never been ported to the atari 2600, intellivision or colecovision.  So none of the systems “back in the day”. I could be wrong though 

JP called it out in another thread....

image.thumb.png.ea753b6e3c792dfcdc2b506ed0a8bad3.png

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

You could certainly be right.  I remembered it as "never ported to a home console", but my memory could be wrong.

But like I said, once I finally get a chance to play this port of the game... maybe, just maybe... it will make a fan of me.

Time for you to give it a whirl and participate in a super secret club high score competition!  Nothing can make you appreciate a game more than really getting into it.  I think my highest so far is over 130K!

3 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

I got this game on NES for my birthday back in the days....
I was so disapointed that the gameplay is way different then the other ones (you know wich ones ;)

And that was/is the problem for many people
Stop looking at it the way you look at the ''other ones''
See it as a unique game, its very own thing, you might be surprised by it

That being said, I hated this game back in the days and I really enjoy it nowadays!

Have fun!  :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I got this game on NES for my birthday back in the days....
I was so disapointed that the gameplay is way different then the other ones (you know wich ones ;)

And that was/is the problem for many people
Stop looking at it the way you look at the ''other ones''
See it as a unique game, its very own thing, you might be surprised by it

That being said, I hated this game back in the days and I really enjoy it nowadays!

Have fun!  :)

agree.  I never truly played it until this release.  Once you get past the difference, you realize that it's a neat take on shooter genre.  I've grown to like it...and it's my only cart getting play in the CV these days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Loafer said:

So which member that posts in this thread that still hasn't received their 2020 club game?

Still have not received mine in Spain!  I’m leaving for vacation soon but I told the post to hold on to my mail.... 

15 hours ago, Loafer said:

Time for you to give it a whirl and participate in a super secret club high score competition!..

I'll have to take you up on that if a competition is still going when I finally get to play.  At the current schedule, I probably won't get to spend time with it until Sept at the earliest or maybe even Oct.  I'm away and won't return until just a couple weeks before I have to move across the country.  It's gonna be crazy.

15 hours ago, retroillucid said:

...Stop looking at it the way you look at the ''other ones''
See it as a unique game, its very own thing, you might be surprised by it..

I've never disliked the game, I was just never a fan of it.  I did enjoy the 2600 homebrew port of it, but like I was saying in my original post -- I think my initial reaction to it was because it was probably the last game I would have expected it to be.  I didn't know what to expect, but I thought it would probably be a great arcade game that I wasn't very familiar with.  Anyway, I will give it a fair play once I'm home and have time, which will probably be after the move.