IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

22 hours ago, coleco_master said:

I think we are good to go. So I will add the rom to the Dropbox over the weekend :)

thank you all fot your patience!

One moment! I don't have received my copy :)

Sorry guys! I'm still pretty anxious to know why everyone is so excited about this game.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, coleco_master said:

I think we are good to go. So I will add the rom to the Dropbox over the weekend :)

thank you all fot your patience!

Yay - thanks.  The rom is now available for download and I can confirm that there are no graphical glitches as there were with the rom obtained when dumping the cart.  Thanks CollectorVision ?

On 7/29/2020 at 11:22 AM, GoldLeader said:

oh,  I do Love a Good Rant!

PS:  I tried playing 1 cell phone game which 2 24-year-old coworkers were playing on their phones....Here's how it went.  I got to one screen after a long and painful "setting up an account" situation...Then the account and the game disappeared and I NEVER tried again.   Old timers are just not welcome in that club I guess...I need to go back to yelling at clouds or some shit.

^This...Esp. the last couple of sentences...

Let me see if I can put into words the way I (personally) feel:

If someone asked me if I want to play original Coleco Donkey Kong on an original (unmodded) ColecoVision from 1982, going through (crappy) RF, to a (crappy) CRT, using a (crappy) Coleco Controller, then I'd probably say, "No thank you", which is different than the answer to the same question in August, 1982.

However,

If someone asked me if I want to play a (new and shiny) CollectorVision Homebrew, through a (new and shiny) Composite modded ColecoVision, or a (new and shiny) CollectorVision Phoenix, through HDMI going to a (new and shiny) LCD TV, using a (new and shiny) Edladdin Arcade Stick,  Then the answer is, "Hell Yeah!!" ...likely followed by Woots and Whistles.

^Sure seems like this guy makes sense.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, doubledown said:

I apologize if my post caused any offense...I was just simply stating my view of the ever changing state of the world and its technology, and the old adage of "out with the old, and in with the new."  There are a lot of things, skills, and hobbies, that once were very prevalent, being discarded or forgotten...and to restate my point...it makes me sad.  As a hardware aficionado, I appreciate actual consoles, actual media, and actual controllers that I can hold and/or manipulate with my hands...but that's what I grew up with.  I am also a long time model builder...static plastic models when I was young, then into R/C cars when I got old enough...and I still build/race R/C cars to this day.  Even in that hobby, the available products have shifted so much to "RTR" (ready-to-run) models, versus kits that you actually have to build.  Heaven forbid you actually have to read the instructions and learn how to put something together yourself.  Granted, I realize that you also need space, the time, and some tools to build model kits, and growing up with an active model building father (who himself also grew up building models), I had a bit of an unfair advantage in the arena.  But it still makes me laugh when I happen to go to the local hobby store for parts, and I hear a customer who bought an expensive RTR car/boat/plane talking with a salesperson...and the conversation describes the instance that he took it out of the box, ran it one time, something failed or it crashed...and now he has no idea what to do with it because he didn't build it himself, and has absolutely no understanding of how it works.  Radio Shack was also a big part of my life as a kid through into being a young man.  Our first computer was a Tandy 1000EX, and 1 of the many local Radio Shack stores was about a 5 minute bike ride from my house, so I was in there all the time.  Then once getting into electronics, again Radio Shack was there with any/all of the parts I ever needed.  I even worked for Radio Shack back in '94-'96...when it was still a reasonably viable electronics store....with entire walls/gondolas of electronic components, replacement record player needles, CB radios, and all other kinds of neat stuff...although at that time period granted, most people coming in were buying batteries, cell phones, and satellite dishes...the old school products were still there, and a few old timers were regulars coming in once every week or two to shoot the breeze and pick up some parts.  So again, if my post offended anybody, I apologize...but now, I see a car driving too fast down my street and I have to go yell at them!

I dunno...Maybe your apology offends me.   Just kidding,  it definitely offends me!    (Yeah I joke sometimes heheh)

30 minutes ago, Spector said:

The Collectorvision Club 2020 is over, but does any of this affect the games available in the Collectorvision game pack that's for sake on their website? Have any more been added, such as Arkanoid? 

Arkanoid was already in the 2020 download, or at least it was in February 2020 when I downloaded.  As far as I can tell there is 1 new game.  The 2020 club game.  Which is all I expected.

1 hour ago, evg2000 said:

Arkanoid was already in the 2020 download, or at least it was in February 2020 when I downloaded.  As far as I can tell there is 1 new game.  The 2020 club game.  Which is all I expected.

That's interesting because Arkanoid wasn't in the list of games on the site, but if it has been added then that's excellent.

Sorry I don't get that. I'm looking at buying the games in the Collectorvision ROM download on the Collectorvision site:

https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-vault-rom-pack/

I want to know if Arkanoid is now available in that ROM pack. It doesn't show in the list, but some of the answers here suggest it might be. Can someone clarify if there are additions? 

33 minutes ago, coleco_master said:

Hi guys,

I'm not sure where you sent your questions but I didn't received anything.

To answer a few questions. Arkanoid is not in the ROM pack, it was available in the 2020 club.

We decided not to sell any carts or pcbs.

Bill, send me a pm, I can help you.

thank you

Toby

Okay that clears the Arkanoid question up, thanks. So is there any way to get the ROM now or is that it gone for good? 

Edited by Spector
  • Like 1