IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

14 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

I thought that I was #100.

Not like it matters now. :)

Hmmm...That is weird,  are we both #100?

It definitely doesn't matter, though.  What's funny here is I saw someone else mention the number (asking if our number stayed the same I think) and I hadn't even looked at my membership card until yesterday!  I just opened it and that's what it said...

20201203_223758.thumb.jpg.46325cba54a3915acd17adeea24f0b54.jpg

Anyone else #100? 

It's possible they only went up to 100 and started to re-use it...

I was hoping to be #69  cuz somedays I'm 12 (years old that is) haaa!

10 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Hmmm...That is weird,  are we both #100?

It definitely doesn't matter, though.  What's funny here is I saw someone else mention the number (asking if our number stayed the same I think) and I hadn't even looked at my membership card until yesterday!  I just opened it and that's what it said...

20201203_223758.thumb.jpg.46325cba54a3915acd17adeea24f0b54.jpg

Anyone else #100? 

It's possible they only went up to 100 and started to re-use it...

I was hoping to be #69  cuz somedays I'm 12 (years old that is) haaa!

In fact you are the #100 in base 10 (Decimal) , the other one is #100 in Base 2 (Binary) (4)
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ikrananka said:

...I have just tested LotD on the Phoenix with the following results:

• ROM via Phoenix SD : garbage on title screen and beyond.
  • ROM via AtariMax Ultimate SD : garbage on title screen and beyond.
  • CollectorVision LotD Cart Release : appears to work fine.

So, the issue appears to be that the Phoenix does not mimic the LotD save game RAM.  I've added this issue to the Phoenix ColecoVision GitHub.

Just checking to see if there is any update to this.  I recently got the LotD cartridge re-release and it doesn't go past the title screen on my Phoenix.  It wasn't even prompting for game version until I updated the core to the latest on the github.  Now it asks to select game version, but that's as far as it gets.  No graphical glitches though.  Wondering where I'm going wrong.

2 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Just checking to see if there is any update to this.  I recently got the LotD cartridge re-release and it doesn't go past the title screen on my Phoenix.  It wasn't even prompting for game version until I updated the core to the latest on the github.  Now it asks to select game version, but that's as far as it gets.  No graphical glitches though.  Wondering where I'm going wrong.

Have you pressed 1,2,3 or 4 on the keypad to select your skill level?

My detailed game manual can be found here:

8 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

...So, is your cart one of the re-releases from a month or so ago?

Yes.  With that gorgeous new boxart.

edit: so this is weird.  After taking out the LotD cart, I decided to play Dead Tomb.  I powered off the Phoenix (of course), removed LotD, inserted Dead Tomb, powered back on, and got a garbled screen of some LotD text.  That cart is not reacting well to the Phoenix (or vice-versa).  I had to unplug the power and hdmi cable (indicator light was showing red until hdmi cable was removed), then power on again to play the next game (Dead Tomb).

Edited by KevinMos3

13 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

edit: so this is weird.  After taking out the LotD cart, I decided to play Dead Tomb.  I powered off the Phoenix (of course), removed LotD, inserted Dead Tomb, powered back on, and got a garbled screen of some LotD text.  That cart is not reacting well to the Phoenix (or vice-versa).  I had to unplug the power and hdmi cable (indicator light was showing red until hdmi cable was removed), then power on again to play the next game (Dead Tomb).

Not weird at all, that is the power back feed issue that is very well known and documented. If you install an hdmi switch in between your phoenix and your TV it should take care of that so you can power down without removing the HDMI cable.

16 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

I just checked my 2011 CollectorVision cart and it is indeed working fine in my Phoenix as I previously reported.  When the game displays for you to select game version, pressing 1,2,3 or 4 should cause the "The Monsters Awake" message to appear along with the rapidly changing images of each monster below the message.  If you're not getting that then either an issue with your cart or the keypad on your controller.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, Ikrananka said:

So, if a standard CV controller does work for you then perhaps there's something odd about the way the Phoenix handles keypad presses via the SNES port.  It'll be interesting to hear back how you get on.

Finally had the chance to test with a real Colecovision controller, and I get the same result.  I tested the controller with other games to make sure the number pad was working correctly and it was.  There's just no response from Lord of the Dungeon once the title screen loads.  Again, this is on the Phoenix with either a genuine Colecovision controller or a SNES NTT controller.  I haven't been able to test on a real Colecovision console.

If you need me to continue discussion in another place, so that I do not sidetrack this thread any further, just let me know (pm or whatever).

47 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Finally had the chance to test with a real Colecovision controller, and I get the same result.  I tested the controller with other games to make sure the number pad was working correctly and it was.  There's just no response from Lord of the Dungeon once the title screen loads.  Again, this is on the Phoenix with either a genuine Colecovision controller or a SNES NTT controller.  I haven't been able to test on a real Colecovision console.

I'd test on a real CV as the problem must lie with either the cart or your Phoenix.  Just to double-check, is your Phoenix updated with the latest base and CV cores?

Edited by Ikrananka

• 3 months later...