IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

35 minutes ago, lawdawg710 said:

I believe Collectorvision saw the sale and know who it is, and have stated they will be prohibited from getting ANY games from them ever again (both regular releases and club games)!

Where did they say that? If that is the case then ebay seller 2coolspirit should have not been able to get anymore games but he still sells tons of Collectorvision games. Over a year ago he sold and revealed the 2019 game on ebay so I wonder why he can do what others can't. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, youki said:

On the other hand , he did not reveal the games 's name.    I don't know exactly what is the contract you sign with your blood when you enter the collectorvision club?  It is not just to not reveal the game name?

Apparently the person is sending out pictures of the game(s) if asked (or so I heard). Collectorvision did say that you could return the game to them if you didn't like it and get something in return, they have also indicated that private sales were acceptable. I think this eBay listing definitely skirts the rules. Do I like that somebody is selling the secret game on eBay for a heavily inflated price? No. Did the person technically respect the rules of the club? Technically it doesn't break the rule about revealing the game.

1 minute ago, AtariBrian said:

Where did they say that? If that is the case then ebay seller 2coolspirit should have not been able to get anymore games but he still sells tons of Collectorvision games. Over a year ago he sold and revealed the 2019 game on ebay so I wonder why he can do what others can't. 

It was via Facebook that they indicated that they would figure out who it was and ban them from buying future Collectorvision products.

1 hour ago, AtariBrian said:

It was in a Facebook group, JF made a comment about it!!!

8 hours ago, doubledown said:

I see someone is selling their 2020 club game on EBAY.  

2019 too unless it sold.

What are you going to do? They won't be able to buy directly from Collectorvision anymore. That's all they can do.

1 hour ago, syn said:

What are you going to do? They won't be able to buy directly from Collectorvision anymore. That's all they can do.

Exactly and all the banned person has to do is have a friend buy future CollectorVision games for him/her and then reimburse. All CollectorVision can do is ask everyone to play nice, which they have, and then it's up to each purchaser to do the right thing.

Seeing as I don't collect CIB releases anymore, I sold my 2020 game via a private sale here on AtariAge for an extremely reasonable price all things considering. I will probably do the same with the 2021 games eventually.

11 hours ago, youki said:

the 2019 one also ... but it is cheaper :D

CollectorVision Club 2019 Secret Game | eBay

That person should be executed!! Going against the rules so outrageously and egregiously, and trying to charge $550 for the 2020 secret game!! I hope Collectorvision goes after them legally for some sort of breach of contract. Then repeating this outrage with the 2019 game... just shameful, spiteful action which will soil the spirt of the club.

Edited by zyzzle
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zyzzle said:

I hope Collectorvision goes after them legally for some sort of breach of contract.

That's an outrageous and egregious statement.

It's not going to happen, but in some alternate reality where it did, CollectorVision would have to spend a lot of money to go after this person, have to prove that the purchase of the Club membership is a legal contract seeing as there is no physical contract signed and worst of all... the costs and time spent would interfere with further Homebrew releases.

This is the HONOR system and everyone knew someone would go rogue eventually. Actually, there have been a couple people and it's up to CollectorVision to police if they so desire.

15 hours ago, NIAD said:

That's an outrageous and egregious statement.

It's not going to happen, but in some alternate reality where it did, CollectorVision would have to spend a lot of money to go after this person, have to prove that the purchase of the Club membership is a legal contract seeing as there is no physical contract signed and worst of all... the costs and time spent would interfere with further Homebrew releases.

This is the HONOR system and everyone knew someone would go rogue eventually. Actually, there have been a couple people and it's up to CollectorVision to police if they so desire.

Well, you certainly know that a little sour milk can spoil all of the milk. It is an outrageous statement, but we're a very small community here, and such contempt of it -- even if we're on the "honor" system is a despicable act. And such outrageous greed as trying to charge $550, with none of that going to help our community at all, but only for personal gain and selfishness. It really rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 3