Jump to content
Marc Oberhäuser

Sold: Big 7800 Collection

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am looking to sell-off my Atari 7800 collection. Most of the 140+ games are CIB (about 125), quite a few of them are still sealed. Please check the PDF file for more details. I won't split up the collection. The whole lot will be shipped in about 5 to 7 parcels.

 

What I am looking for?

-> Open for offers, I am not totally sure about the value.

 

Content:
127 x boxed cartridges
18 x loose cartridges
1 x Cuttle Cart SD multi cartridge (Schell Electronics)
1 x Dev Cart with box, Pokey and software (CPUWIZ)
3 complete system:
- 2 x PAL version (box, manual, system, controller, P/S 220V, TV cable)
- 1 x SECAM version (box, manual, system, controller, P/S 220V, TV cable)
1 loose system:
- 1 x NTSC version (in clear plastic case)
- 2 x ProLine controller (clear plastic)

 

The clear case items are pre-production test runs to check if there are any more changes needed (tooling)

 

If you have any questions just drop me a line.

 

Best,

Marc.

Atari_7800_01.JPG

Atari_7800_02.JPG

Atari_7800_03.JPG

Atari_7800_04.JPG

Atari_7800_05.JPG

Atari_7800_06.JPG

Atari_7800_07.JPG

Atari_7800_08.JPG

Atari_7800_09.JPG

Atari_7800_10.JPG

Atari_7800_11.JPG

Atari_7800_12.JPG

Atari_7800_13.JPG

Atari_7800_14.JPG

Atari_7800_15.JPG

Atari_7800_16.jpg

Atari_7800_17.JPG

Atari_7800_18.JPG

Atari_7800_19.JPG

Atari_7800_20.JPG

Atari_7800_21.JPG

Atari_7800_22.JPG

Atari_7800_23.JPG

Atari_7800_24.JPG

Atari_7800_25.JPG

Atari_7800_26.JPG

Atari_7800_27.JPG

Atari_7800_28.JPG

Atari_7800_29.JPG

Atari 7800 Cartlist.pdf

Edited by Marc Oberhäuser
Collection sold
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have everything except the clear 7800. If you change your mind about not splitting it up I would be interested in that.

 

Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marc Oberhäuser said:

Hi,

 

I am looking to sell-off my Atari 7800 collection. Most of the 140+ games are CIB (about 125), quite a few of them are still sealed. Please check the PDF file for more details. I won't split up the collection. The whole lot will be shipped in about 5 to 7 parcels.

 

Content:
127 x boxed cartridges
18 x loose cartridges
1 x Cuttle Cart SD multi cartridge (Schell Electronics)
1 x Dev Cart with box, Pokey and software (CPUWIZ)
3 complete system:
- 2 x PAL version (box, manual, system, controller, P/S 220V, TV cable)
- 1 x SECAM version (box, manual, system, controller, P/S 220V, TV cable)
1 loose system:
- 1 x NTSC version (in clear plastic case)
- 2 x ProLine controller (clear plastic)

 

The clear case items are pre-production test runs to check if there are any more changes needed (tooling)

 

If you have any questions just drop me a line.

 

Best,

Marc.

Atari_7800_01.JPG

Atari_7800_02.JPG

Atari_7800_03.JPG

Atari_7800_04.JPG

Atari_7800_05.JPG

Atari_7800_06.JPG

Atari_7800_07.JPG

Atari_7800_08.JPG

Atari_7800_09.JPG

Atari_7800_10.JPG

Atari_7800_11.JPG

Atari_7800_12.JPG

Atari_7800_13.JPG

Atari_7800_14.JPG

Atari_7800_15.JPG

Atari_7800_16.jpg

Atari_7800_17.JPG

Atari_7800_18.JPG

Atari_7800_19.JPG

Atari_7800_20.JPG

Atari_7800_21.JPG

Atari_7800_22.JPG

Atari_7800_23.JPG

Atari_7800_24.JPG

Atari_7800_25.JPG

Atari_7800_26.JPG

Atari_7800_27.JPG

Atari_7800_28.JPG

Atari_7800_29.JPG

Atari 7800 Cartlist.pdf 121.16 kB · 3 downloads

Well, out of funds for sometime.

 

But just out of curiousity, what’s your price, what do you sell it for?

Edited by Giles N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I think I have everything except the clear 7800. If you change your mind about not splitting it up I would be interested in that.

 

Mitch

 

That one should go up on ebay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interest, yes, being able to afford it, no. This collection has everything I was missing from the collection I recently sold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That collection is absolutely bonkers! Truly incredible. I agree with CPUWIZ that the clear 7800 should be sold separately but maybe not necessarily eBay. I’m not sure if you’re hoping this is going to land in the hands of a collector for a reasonable price or someone who most likely will try and part and profit from it after they buy it from you. 
 

I’ll never understand the not splitting the lot mentality but you’re the seller. Bottom line is the majority of people will never be able to afford such a lot without taking out a hefty loan and that’s just the reality of it and probably not feasibly justified for most. Even the deepest of pockets would seemingly find it hard to plop down whatever out of the realm price this lot could go for. It just seems like it would make more sense to split but I guess lucky guy/gal whoever can afford it all in one go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clint Thompson said:

the clear 7800 should be sold separately

 

I want Bob to have it, so I just want a good shot at it. ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one heck of a collection. I'm not sure I've seen the clear case before. This is a prototype she'll, yes? Very cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda sad to be sneaking back into the hobby and find people selling off their collectibles.

Marc made the best homebrew boxes!

 

Any hint to the reason for selling?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Propane13 said:

I'm kinda sad to be sneaking back into the hobby and find people selling off their collectibles.

Marc made the best homebrew boxes!

 

Any hint to the reason for selling?

 

It always makes me sick when people do this...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jinks said:

It always makes me sick when people do this...

 

 

 

Oh, sorry.  I didn't mean to come across poorly.  In some of these threads I saw years ago when people sell their collections, I've seen some folks say "I'm tired of the hobby", or "I need more space".  Sometimes I've seen people say they want to leave the hobby because they think that the community doesn't value them anymore.  That's not the case here.  I really liked the box art that Marc did, and I wish him well.

 

If it's something else, well, I agree that it's nobody's business.  I certainly don't want to invade anyone's privacy.  I'll retract my question.  Sorry if it came across badly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Propane13 said:

Oh, sorry.  I didn't mean to come across poorly.  In some of these threads I saw years ago when people sell their collections, I've seen some folks say "I'm tired of the hobby", or "I need more space".  Sometimes I've seen people say they want to leave the hobby because they think that the community doesn't value them anymore.  That's not the case here.  I really liked the box art that Marc did, and I wish him well.

 

If it's something else, well, I agree that it's nobody's business.  I certainly don't want to invade anyone's privacy.  I'll retract my question.  Sorry if it came across badly.

 

 

Sorry that  is  not what I meant.. 

It makes me sick when people get out of gaming or whatever. Ya got to keep the dream alive man.

 But for whatever reason it is his. 

I hope everything is cool in his world as Marc played an important role making killer boxes for games also seems like a cool dude.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't ask why he's selling. Trust me, if he was good and well this would not be happening. And it's not a financial or lack of gaming interest thing. I'm very sad to see this time has come around for my friend so sorry if I'm a little sensitive or abrasive about it in his honor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Please don't ask why he's selling. Trust me, if he was good and well this would not be happening. And it's not a financial or lack of gaming interest thing. I'm very sad to see this time has come around for my friend so sorry if I'm a little sensitive or abrasive about it in his honor.

Thats ok. We really do not need to know. I am sorry to mention anything.

I wish all the best for Marc no matter what circumstance.

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to see this happen, hopefully you’re not getting completely out the scene now Marc.

 

Also curious to see possible sell price as may well be letting go all my non-homebrew 7800 stuff in the new year... but in bundles at least heh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The collection is sold. Many thanks for the kind words and great offers in the forum, on FB and by PM. I am indeed a bit sad to let my collection go (most items were with me from the early 90ies), but there are more important real-life issues than our beloved hobby. At least I can assure you that the collection is in good hands :)

 

You'll never know what the future brings but I hope to go on treasure hunt 7800 games again at a point :)

 

Marc.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...