IGNORED

Robotron Controls

fred

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

That's nifty, was it a US only thing, can't remember having that version in the shop (but probably did and its my memory)

Not sure where I got mine, but I have the coupler and I'm in the UK 

On 12/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, ledzep said:

I wonder if that's something that could be created (minus the cardboard portion) with a 3D printer?  Or is that printer plastic just as flimsy?

A printed version would probably be fine, and thicker than the probably vacuum formed "lined" plastic the box had...print time might take 1-3 days, and assuming the printer was big enough for the overall size you wanted. 

The boxed version I have of Robotron: 2084, doesn't have the open-able box with controller holder...so I just made my own controller:

KQT8eU.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you asking if 7800 controllers work with the XEGS?  If so, the answer is yes, but both buttons per controller will do the same function, as the Atari 2600 and 8-bits only had 1 fire button.  But for playing Robotron, you wouldn't be using any buttons anyways with twin sticks.  

• 5 months later...
On 12/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, doubledown said:

A printed version would probably be fine, and thicker than the probably vacuum formed "lined" plastic the box had...print time might take 1-3 days, and assuming the printer was big enough for the overall size you wanted. 

The boxed version I have of Robotron: 2084, doesn't have the open-able box with controller holder...so I just made my own controller:

KQT8eU.png

OH MY GOD that is GORGEOUS. I love Robotron and am in awe of that controller.

Any chance you'd build more to sell?! ?

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, doubledown said:

KQT8eU.png

Now you're just showing off.

It's awesome though!

4 hours ago, TapperP said:

OH MY GOD that is GORGEOUS. I love Robotron and am in awe of that controller.

Any chance you'd build more to sell?! ?

Everythings for sale, but be forewarned, this is the 2nd or 3rd most expensive controller I've built thus far.  Send me a PM if you're interested.

1 hour ago, bfollowell said:

Now you're just showing off.

It's awesome though!

Someones got to do it!  ?  And thanks.

4 hours ago, gnusto said:

@phaeron I just fiddled with it and maybe I'm not seeing it...can I bind a single controller (say a dualshock) to two different joystick ports on Altirra? That way stick left could be joystick 1, stick right joystick 2, and there's tons of buttons to go around of course.

Yes, you can, with a custom input map. You can either add two joystick controllers to the same input map or activate two different input maps at the same time -- the second joystick controller instance just needs to be set to controller port 2 and bound to different axes/buttons.

2 hours ago, phaeron said:

Yes, you can, with a custom input map. You can either add two joystick controllers to the same input map or activate two different input maps at the same time -- the second joystick controller instance just needs to be set to controller port 2 and bound to different axes/buttons.

Ah gotcha, two different maps might be a better way to manage it. Thanks.

5 hours ago, gnusto said:

Ah gotcha, two different maps might be a better way to manage it. Thanks.

I use Xpadder to do that across a number of emulators - map the second analogue stick or the face buttons to keyboard inputs defined in the emulator (like Altirra) for the 2nd stick and then use a hotkey toggle on the controller in Xpadder to switch between regular mappings and Robotron mode ?

sTeVE