IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2019

Pixelboy

Season's Greetings, ColecoVisionados! :D

I'd like to start this news bulletin by wishing everyone very Happy Holidays! Now with this is out of the way, let's get down to business! ;) 

STATUS OF CHRISTMAS RELEASES

As I recently indicated in another forum thread, I didn't get much of a chance lately to glue boxes for the new lineup of Team Pixelboy titles. I also received the cartridge electronics rather recently, and I've only begun to assemble the carts. All this to say that nothing is ready to ship as of today, aside from copies of The Cure, but I'm working on it. I should have most copies of Ghost, Prisoner of War and 1942 ready by January 2nd.

Some last-minute problems were encountered with Arcomage, Jewel Panic, R-Type and Bomber King. Arcomage is officially fixed, and the electronics just need to be programmed and soldered together. Jewel Panic and R-Type have some minor problems and Mystery Man already supplied some fixed ROMs which are currently being tested, so that shouldn't take too long to sort out. Bomber King has a big question mark on it, as it seems to have some serious problems when running on real hardware, but it may be as simple as the sample cartridge PCB itself being defective. Some further tests need to be done on that one.

So anyway, I'm nowhere near ready to ship anything, but I'll get as much work done during the Holiday break as I can. A big "sorry!" to those who were expecting to receive some good news from Team Pixelboy today.

PIXELBOY SANTA IS AT IT AGAIN!

But it's not all bad news. You will find below some new (and free) Team Pixelboy ROMs to download. 'Nuff said. :) 

Also, I have two brand new complete-in-box copies of Stray Cat to sell. If you want to buy a copy, just send me an e-mail. Any unsold copies after January 5th 2020 will go to eBay.

I don't have much else to say today, but stay tuned for the next Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, to be posted on January 1st 2020, in which I'll have some juicy news for all you ColecoVision (and perhaps even non-ColecoVision) fans!

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

children_of_the_night_cv_sgm.rom c-so_colecovision.rom flicky_colecovision.rom ghostbusters_cv_sgm.rom king_and_balloon_cv_sgm.rom secret_of_the_moai_cv_sgm.rom wizard_of_wor_cv_sgm.rom zombie_incident_cv_sgm.rom

• Like 37
  • Thanks 11

Thanks as always, brother Pixelboy. I don't even recall anymore how many Christmas News Bulletins I've been through here but it's always appreciated. Hoping your 2020 is filled with nothing but the best for you. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year & Colecovision Forever!

• Like 2

Happy Christmas to you Pixelboy ?

Thank you for your annual Christmas bulletins.  They are something I always look forward to and the presents attached are just an incredible gift to give.  I'm a particular fan of the Ghostbusters game and to get that is just awesome.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Season's Greetings, ColecoVisionados! :D

Is that a new title Luc?  You are AWESOME as usual.  A very HAPPY HOLIDAY today to you!  And to all other AtariAge ites!  Luc "May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails!" (Tolkein)

Thank You Very Much!!!

Colecovision was my first video game system when I was little. Some of my first Christmas memories are my brother and cousins, and I huddled around our colecovision. These Christmas updates help keep those memories alive for me and it reminds me that there were alot of other kids huddled around Colecovisions during the holidays in the early 80s and even though we as a coleco community are spread out around the world it's like we're all huddled around it together still.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

A big "sorry!" to those who were expecting to receive some good news from Team Pixelboy today.

You are making games for the ColecoVision in 2019 and will continue in 2020... That's all the "good news" I need for today! ? Merry Christmas! ??

• Like 2

For those unaware, all 8 of these Team Pixelboy Christmas gifts are on display in this one video (what an amazing coincidence! LOL).  When it comes to Colecovision and SGM homebrew, I am very much ignorant of the quality of some of these titles, so when I checked out this video, I wasn't expecting the level of polish. All of these would have been huge hits back in the day but especially floored on a pure aesthetic level at what was accomplished with "Children of the night" and Zombie Incident. Those two def would have moved some SGM modules or even adam computer if they had been released back in '84! 

Seriously, all are fantastic gems, can't believe I'm playing these, what a Christmas present.  Thank you!

Edited by Loafer
  • Like 3