IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2019

Pixelboy

5 hours ago, ChuckH said:

Happy Holidays and thanks to Team Pixelboy for the present of the roms. As a curiosity, will the roms of Joust and Battle of Hoth ever be released. Maybe they already have as far as I know.

I didn't get permission to release the ROMs from the people directly involved with those two games.

46 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I didn't get permission to release the ROMs from the people directly involved with those two games.

Of course as is their right, but thanks for trying.   From a "want to play" point of view, here's hoping they either change their mind or even hope to make them available via purchase some day. I would have no problem paying for them.  In fact, once again I'm floored by your yearly gifts.

I know it goes beyond what you are trying to do, but I gotta ask: do you have a paypal email address which we could use to also send you a Christmas present, as only we could to show you our appreciation?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Loafer said:

I know it goes beyond what you are trying to do, but I gotta ask: do you have a paypal email address which we could use to also send you a Christmas present, as only we could to show you our appreciation?

If you want to show me your appreciation with a donation of some kind, please redirect your payment to our friend nanochess. He needs it way more than I do, and that's something I would appreciate a lot.  :)

Thanks!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

By the way, has anyone tried the Ghostbusters ROM on their AtariMax SD cartridge? I have a nagging suspicion (or should I say a nagging memory) that the ROM doesn't work with the SD cart, for a weird technical reason. It does work under emulation though.

Ghostbusters doesn't work on the AtariMax SD.  Tried on a Colecovision and on a Phoenix.  However, it does work on the Phoenix if you use the SD card on the Phoenix itself.  I also found that Wizard of Wor doesn't work on the Phoenix SD slot, but works fine on the AtariMax.

Are any of these games still available?  I would love to pick up a physical copy of Children of the Night.  I see it on the secondary market occasionally, but didn't know if it was available directly from you or not.  Thanks again for gifting the ROMs for Christmas!

10 minutes ago, rxmage said:

Are any of these games still available?  I would love to pick up a physical copy of Children of the Night.  I see it on the secondary market occasionally, but didn't know if it was available directly from you or not.  Thanks again for gifting the ROMs for Christmas!

The game is not permanently sold-out yet. I'm not taking any pre-orders at the moment, but I will resume taking pre-orders in about one or two weeks, so I invite you to contact me at that time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rxmage said:

Ghostbusters doesn't work on the AtariMax SD.  Tried on a Colecovision and on a Phoenix.  However, it does work on the Phoenix if you use the SD card on the Phoenix itself.  I also found that Wizard of Wor doesn't work on the Phoenix SD slot, but works fine on the AtariMax.

The "nagging memory" I mentioned before was a last-minute issue encountered with Ghostbusters that made Mystery Man generate a new fixed ROM. Strangely, this new ROM worked properly on a real MegaCart (so that's the version that was used for manufacturing cartridges) and it also worked under emulation, but it didn't work on the AtariMax SD cart, for some unexplored reason. I'm saying this from a vague memory I have of this, without having reviewed my e-mail records from that time period.

It's good to see that it works on the Phoenix directly, without the Atarimax SD cart. As for Wizard of Wor, that's an issue the folks at CollectorVision can look into. Perhaps it has to do with the size of the ROM (512K) but that's just pure speculation on my part.  :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much for these great games! 

Quick thing... For some reason Wizard of Wor loads up fine off the Atarimax SD card in my original Colecovision with Super Game Module, but it won't load through the SD card on my Phoenix... Just noticed someone else above had the same problem... 

Edited by doug0909

12 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

It's good to see that it works on the Phoenix directly, without the Atarimax SD cart. As for Wizard of Wor, that's an issue the folks at CollectorVision can look into. Perhaps it has to do with the size of the ROM (512K) but that's just pure speculation on my part.  :)

For those who would like to play Wizard of Wor on the Phoenix, Here is the patched version that works.

WizardWorHack512.rom

• Like 4

On 12/25/2019 at 8:19 AM, Pixelboy said:

Season's Greetings, ColecoVisionados! :D

I'd like to start this news bulletin by wishing everyone very Happy Holidays! Now with this is out of the way, let's get down to business! ;) 

STATUS OF CHRISTMAS RELEASES

As I recently indicated in another forum thread, I didn't get much of a chance lately to glue boxes for the new lineup of Team Pixelboy titles. I also received the cartridge electronics rather recently, and I've only begun to assemble the carts. All this to say that nothing is ready to ship as of today, aside from copies of The Cure, but I'm working on it. I should have most copies of Ghost, Prisoner of War and 1942 ready by January 2nd.

Some last-minute problems were encountered with Arcomage, Jewel Panic, R-Type and Bomber King. Arcomage is officially fixed, and the electronics just need to be programmed and soldered together. Jewel Panic and R-Type have some minor problems and Mystery Man already supplied some fixed ROMs which are currently being tested, so that shouldn't take too long to sort out. Bomber King has a big question mark on it, as it seems to have some serious problems when running on real hardware, but it may be as simple as the sample cartridge PCB itself being defective. Some further tests need to be done on that one.

So anyway, I'm nowhere near ready to ship anything, but I'll get as much work done during the Holiday break as I can. A big "sorry!" to those who were expecting to receive some good news from Team Pixelboy today.

PIXELBOY SANTA IS AT IT AGAIN!

But it's not all bad news. You will find below some new (and free) Team Pixelboy ROMs to download. 'Nuff said. :) 

Also, I have two brand new complete-in-box copies of Stray Cat to sell. If you want to buy a copy, just send me an e-mail. Any unsold copies after January 5th 2020 will go to eBay.

I don't have much else to say today, but stay tuned for the next Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, to be posted on January 1st 2020, in which I'll have some juicy news for all you ColecoVision (and perhaps even non-ColecoVision) fans!

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

children_of_the_night_cv_sgm.rom 128 kB · 254 downloads c-so_colecovision.rom 31.61 kB · 232 downloads flicky_colecovision.rom 32 kB · 223 downloads ghostbusters_cv_sgm.rom 64 kB · 241 downloads king_and_balloon_cv_sgm.rom 32 kB · 216 downloads secret_of_the_moai_cv_sgm.rom 128 kB · 220 downloads wizard_of_wor_cv_sgm.rom 512 kB · 230 downloads zombie_incident_cv_sgm.rom 128 kB · 222 downloads

thank you very much. These are great

• Like 1