IGNORED

Aquarius Bounties

EdgeOfPortal

Alright, I’m going to put up a bounty for a few items for the Aquarius.

A Boxed copy of Space Speller - $265

A Boxed copy of Melody Chase - $220

A Boxed copy of Microsoft Extended Basic - $125 (You can make an offer for this one if you don’t like the price but be reasonable)

A Boxed copy of Chess - $260

I’m only going to be able to purchase one of these at the moment (budget). If you’ve got one of these, send me a message with a photo of it, and your AtariAge username sitting on a paper next to it. Thanks.

• Like 2

Yes, and chess, and had 2 melody chase but sold my spare to a friend here a couple years ago. No others spares anymore currently.

Extended basic i just have a manual...never seen the rest.

I also have all the Aquarius newsletters. I need to scan them in someday!

Just now, stupus said:

Yes, and chess, and had 2 melody chase but sold my spare to a friend here a couple years ago. No others spares anymore currently.

Extended basic i just have a manual...never seen the rest.

I also have all the Aquarius newsletters. I need to scan them in someday!

Sorry, wording was a bit weird there. You have a spare chess?

12 minutes ago, stupus said:

Sorry no. Just 1 chess and 1 zero-in.....nfs

Hope you do find them!!

Ah, well thanks anyway. I kinda want to reopen this bounty, so if anyone read the upper part, ignore it. I'm still open but the edit button has vanished. Also, I noticed this from the UK, but I'm in the US so I can't get it. I suppose you could use a forward shipping service to get it out of the UK though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Aquarius-home-computer-system-with-cassette-player-and-accessories/352877231032?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by EdgeOfPortal

6 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Ah, well thanks anyway. I kinda want to reopen this bounty, so if anyone read the upper part, ignore it. I'm still open but the edit button has vanished.

I removed Post #2, if that's what you meant by reopening your offer.  I'd love to have some of those items myself; I could use better scans of Space Speller and Zero In (particularly the boxes), and the Extended BASIC manual, too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Alright, I’m going to put up a bounty for a few items for the Aquarius.

A Boxed copy of Space Speller - $265

A Boxed copy of Melody Chase - $220

A Boxed copy of Microsoft Extended Basic - $125 (You can make an offer for this one if you don’t like the price but be reasonable)

A Boxed copy of Chess - $260

I’m only going to be able to purchase one of these at the moment (budget). If you’ve got one of these, send me a message with a photo of it, and your AtariAge username sitting on a paper next to it. Thanks.

Pretty confident to say you going to have to go way north on some of those titles - especially CIB.

Melody Chase (which I'm after as well) might be close... I him-hawed on one CIB for 2 bills some years back - kinda regret it still.

The few times I has seen the Extended Basic was in lots with the Aquarius model itself. Last one on Ebay was mangled up good. 

Just now, schuwalker said:

Pretty confident to say you going to have to go way north on some of those titles - especially CIB.

Melody Chase (which I'm after as well) might be close... I him-hawed on one CIB for 2 bills some years back - kinda regret it still.

The few times I has seen the Extended Basic was in lots with the Aquarius model itself. Last one on Ebay was mangled up good. 

Yeah, but I'm willing to go higher on Melody Chase

13 minutes ago, stupus said:

I sold my spare melody chase 2 years ago for $200. I considered that the friend price then.

Maybe I underpriced it a bit then. The thing is it can be hard to determine prices for this computer because of how few of some titles are sold. Still, I'll do $250 if anyone has a spare boxed Melody Chase.

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

In the last 20+ years, I’ve never even seen a copy of one of these for sale.  I know I’ve never had the opportunity to buy one. 

They pop up every now and then. But they sell fast. I got mine about 2 years ago for a good price because it was in a bigger Aquarius lot.

btw. by looking at this UK auction I discovered the Micro Expander auctions. One of these is now on it's way to me. Looking forward to play the cassette games from a USB stick. :) 

add. The UK auction is quite interesting, but with a seller with zero reviews I'm cautious. And for me it includes just 3 Cassette games that I'm missing.

2 minutes ago, Intymike said:

They pop up every now and then. But they sell fast. I got mine about 2 years ago for a good price because it was in a bigger Aquarius lot.

btw. by looking at this UK auction I discovered the Micro Expander auctions. One of these is now on it's way to me. Looking forward to play the cassette games from a USB stick. :) 

add. The UK auction is quite interesting, but with a seller with zero reviews I'm cautious. And for me it includes just 3 Cassette games that I'm missing.

Yeah I'm thinking about the Micro Expanders. The main thing about the UK auction is the Microsoft Extended Basic. I actually asked them if they were willing to seperate items and ship to the states but it was no to both.

Maybe we can start a united action for this. A guy from the UK can buy the stuff (and if he is near to seller pick it up, it seems to be in North Wales a bit south of Liverpool).

And we can get out the stuff everyone wants. There are some nice things in it. I would pay for each of the 3 cassette games that I want at least 20 €. 

And maybe the auction can get a bit cheaper because it has a "make offer" button.

26 minutes ago, Intymike said:

Maybe we can start a united action for this. A guy from the UK can buy the stuff (and if he is near to seller pick it up, it seems to be in North Wales a bit south of Liverpool).

And we can get out the stuff everyone wants. There are some nice things in it. I would pay for each of the 3 cassette games that I want at least 20 €. 

And maybe the auction can get a bit cheaper because it has a "make offer" button.

Well if were going to do this then I’d like the Microsoft extended basic.

4 minutes ago, stupus said:

I need the basic too. I emailed the seller but no reply.

If timing was better i would buy it and sell the rest as i only need the basic.

I tried contacting them already. They’re not willing to sell separately. One of us needs to buy it and send off the items. If whoever that ends up being keeps the extended basic, then I’d like the program book and a few cassettes. Otherwise, I’m calling that extended basic.