IGNORED

Aquarius Bounties

EdgeOfPortal

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

In the last 20+ years, I’ve never even seen a copy of one of these for sale.  I know I’ve never had the opportunity to buy one. 

Bill, there was a auction site in Australia that had Space Speller and Zero In (can't recall Chess was there - think that was loose) 5+ years ago listed. I was hoping it went unnoticed... you know how that went. Massive bidding frenzy...they didn't go cheap. There was a big collector here (was that you Stupus?) that took the boxed ones; I think Cmart was on this as well???

Apparently I was told Australia was a hotbed for Aquarius stuff at one time.

17 hours ago, stupus said:

Yes, and chess, and had 2 melody chase but sold my spare to a friend here a couple years ago. No others spares anymore currently.

Extended basic i just have a manual...never seen the rest.

I also have all the Aquarius newsletters. I need to scan them in someday!

Stupus, did your items come from that auction win from Australia?

35 minutes ago, schuwalker said:

Bill, there was a auction site in Australia that had Space Speller and Zero In (can't recall Chess was there - think that was loose) 5+ years ago listed. I was hoping it went unnoticed... you know how that went. Massive bidding frenzy...they didn't go cheap. There was a big collector here (was that you Stupus?) that took the boxed ones; I think Cmart was on this as well???

I can believe that. I don’t follow any eBay outside the US.   Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of these on US eBay though. Closest I’ve come is a lot of items that had a pair of Melody Chase overlays included. I picked it up hoping a cart was included in the lot but sadly no. 

2 hours ago, Intymike said:

I have a Microsoft Basic. So, you should make it out between you 2 guys.

I made an offer 200GBP - declined, 220GBP - declined, 240GDP accepted for consideration. I also added a message if he is willing to send it to Germany. Let's see what happens.

Alright I’m back and I’ll do $215 for the extended basic and the program book. Maybe more. I’m also willing to do $260 if you throw in a cassette or two. I’ll think about upping that price.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal

4 hours ago, schuwalker said:

Yep. I won the Zero In and I think Melody and the other bidder ended up selling me Space Seller later on (or the other way around, I honestly can't remember) ??

On 12/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I can believe that. I don’t follow any eBay outside the US.   Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of these on US eBay though. Closest I’ve come is a lot of items that had a pair of Melody Chase overlays included. I picked it up hoping a cart was included in the lot but sadly no. 

For the most part, Ebay (WorldWide) for example... is really the only means of acquiring one since these weren't released in the North American market.

Melody Chase was on Ebay few years ago. I was bidding on the auction when it was just pulled for some reason - sure he got an offer outside of Ebay ?

16 minutes ago, schuwalker said:

User Topdog has/had one I believe as well.

To think about it... I haven't seen him around here lately...

No, his profile hasn’t been online since 2017. His website geekvintage seems to have either changed owners or he doesn’t plan to bring the Aquarius section back up. I plan to replace the serial number database via Google Sheets over the weekend.

2 hours ago, schuwalker said:

For the most part, Ebay (WorldWide) for example... is really the only means of acquiring one since these weren't released in the North American market.

Melody Chase was on Ebay few years ago. I was bidding on the auction when it was just pulled for some reason - sure he got an offer outside of Ebay ?

Actually didn’t realize these were not released in North America. Thanks for the info. I guess I can consider my collection done then since I only do US releases.