IGNORED

HELP converting video to Avery's linear encoding....

Faicuai

On 12/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, a8isa1 said:

Awesome! 

How does the conversion look with PAL?  I don't have any PAL gear.

-SteveS

Well,

there is a green line at the top of the video, but other than that, the video is fine!

Recorded the A8 video with my old digital KODAK camera (and audio off!) straight from my (50 Hz flickering) tv, when playing back with an AVG cart. Kept a distance of only 50 centimeters, so besides heavy tv flicker you can see the A8 pixelization quite good...  ;-)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Well,

there is a green line at the top of the video, but other than that, the video is fine!

Recorded the A8 video with my old digital KODAK camera (and audio off!) straight from my (50 Hz flickering) tv, when playing back with an AVG cart. Kept a distance of only 50 centimeters, so besides heavy tv flicker you can see the A8 pixelization quite good...  ;-)

Jingle_Twerking.avi 12.33 MB · 12 downloads

Thanks, CharlieChaplin!

The green line I believe is an old blunder in my shell script that I forgot to remove.  In the same script I noticed the saturation (mencoder filter hue=0:1.75) is too high, a change from a test that I forgot to restore. I generally use 0:1.5 for NTSC and 0:1 for PAL.

I still don't know if people with real NTSC Ataris and original output can see the colors of the video conversions.   They didn't work on my only two remaining CRT TVs.  Works great on my scan converter.  I don't have any video upgrades or other monitor combinations.

[EDIT]

I corrected the script but no difference so I don't know what is causing the green line.

Edited by a8isa1

3 hours ago, BigBen said:

This is the pal and ntsc version for the SIDE2 or AVDcart.

Movie.zip 19.53 MB · 5 downloads

Hehe,

just updated my AVG cart with the video from a8isa1 today and now you come with a newer version, so time for another update...

Besides, your video uses fullscreen, which generally is better in my eyes, therefore the girls look a bit "thicker" now. And your video does not have/show the green line at the top...

4 hours ago, BigBen said:

This is the pal and ntsc version for the SIDE2 or AVDcart.

Movie.zip 19.53 MB · 7 downloads

Very nice!!!

Although girls are appearing chubbier than they are in reality, I am getting also much better audio-quality on this one (not sure why I am getting corrupted audio on Steve's sample, beside the fact that I changed to a much faster SD card)...

In any case, what is really INTERESTING is that I am getting maximum playback quality on [NTSC and COMPOSITE / artifacting]. Watch color rendition and tonality (on A800 / Incognito, via DVDO iScan HD+ processor, Composite-input, and DVI-output To VP-950B Pro monitor):

5301D8D3-664F-4E5E-9AB8-E353813CAAF8.thumb.jpeg.6384528b21d79d794b21ee188e9cca38.jpeg

9917666D-8128-432F-94A3-7BE085BABDB0.thumb.jpeg.3ed958d28eedc326f945cac18776aeec.jpeg

A43CDDE7-1F20-4031-89A2-B6BB400ECF89.thumb.jpeg.a434dc3cf8e87d2d63a7fab9a4b7ed06.jpeg

Another interesting (and unexpected) thing is that I overwrote the beginning of the CF card with this video, with Dragon's Lair demo already on it... When my cute-and-funny jingle ended, it immediately and seamlessly sync'd with Dragon's Lair, not missing a single frame (to the naked eye...) I thought it would all messed-up, but no, it kept going, perfectly!

I wonder if there would be a way to replicate (with time off-set) original aspect-ratio on Left and Right side, in order to have best of both worlds...)

Edited by Faicuai