IGNORED

X-Arcade with Pandora Box setup

Likewise168

Hi guys, Merry Christmas to everyone!

I've been Googling for days for any information on setting up an x-arcade tankstick (https://shop.xgaming.com/collections/arcade-joysticks/products/x-arcade-tankstick-trackball-usb-included) with a console that I recently bought on eBay which has Pandora Treasure II 3D installed The Console I purchased is here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2650-Games-Pandora-Treasure-II-3D-Separable-Arcade-Console-Machine-Double-sticks/333148861304?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649I am wanting to use the x-arcade as a controller only, driven by the new console. I've reached out to x-arcade (no response yet) and also asked the eBay seller with no luck.

I understand it's a bit of a stretch posting here but I saw some similar threads with helpful information so thought I'd try my luck - any help is appreciated :)

If I understand what you're asking, you are asking if you can use the X-Arcade tankstick as a controller for the Pandoras Box you bought?

I mean ideally you could probably plug it in via USB and it'd work, but the plain jane X-Arcade sticks will only work with computers out of the box because of how they work. (Default setup seems to just treat all the buttons and joysticks as keyboard inputs.) You have to get adapters for anything else. 

The only thing I can figure is you'd have to just plug it in and try it. If it doesn't work, you're probably out of luck of it being a "plug and play" solution. 

Okay... I have the same X-Arcade that you do.

Keep in mind that the X-Arcade is basically a "keyboard" and the trackball is a "mouse". If you plug the X-arcade into a PC and open something like Word and press buttons it will put letters etc in WORD.

I looked at the specs for what you bought and as usual on almost all this Chinese junk I am scratching my head.....

There is this image -

1ee709919f5ada3dc35301966933c01d.jpg
https://gyazo.com/1ee709919f5ada3dc35301966933c01d

It looks like you can connect external USB joysticks. I am not sure if they just act as player 3-4. But this is not even a picture of what you bought. (Even though it is in the same listing.)

Here is what I would do -

#1 See if a PS2 controller works.

If a PS2 controller works then go buy this -

https://shop.xgaming.com/collections/adapters/products/x-arcade-playstation-2-adapter

If a PS2 controller doesn't work then I am not sure what controllers will work (if any). There are adapters for quite a few controllers.

With all that said.... Launchbox/Bigbox setup on an external HD is really the way to go. I just grabbed a Western digital WD-BLACK 5tb HD for like $100 and will be setting up a sweet retro system that I can plug into any computer and play greats games with amazing emulation. BigBox will cost you $60 (not needed, but worth every damn penny.).

So for about $160 you can turn any PC into a retro gaming system that you can use on any PC and take on the go.

lloyd

• 4 months later...

I know this post is a few months old but any luck with pandora and the tank stick?

I do know if you are looking for 4 players,  some of the newer pandora boxes (pandora games 3d) support controllers via usb. Plug a USB hub into the usb port and connect your controllers to the hub and you're set. 

I also have a tank stick connected to my PC and I run retro-arch to emulate but the ease of Pandora is very attractive and I ordered one.  If i figure anything out I'll keep you posted. 

-

Dany

I also was looking into Pandora (DX in particular) to pair with my tankstick. From browsing different sites, it seems that it should be possible to remap the usb input to accept as players 1 and 2 instead of 3 and 4. Please give an update if anyone does try this out!

-Bill