IGNORED

What was your first game console?

bluejay

What was you first ever game console? I got a used Nintendo DS from my uncle when I was 8. He gave ot to me with New SMB, some crappy English tutor game, and an SD to DS adapter card of some sort. I had tons of fun trying to beat New SMB, but I failed. Then, I lost it. I remember spending days trying to find the DS, but I couldn't. A couple of years ago, I was looking through the pile of Win 95/98 games we had that my dad got from work(he worked at EA BITD), and found the DS out of a drawer. I was so happy, but then I realized it was out of battery and I couldn't find the charger. I had to go to a flea market to find a charger for that. Ah... good old days...

My first console ever was a 2600/VCS handed down from my older brother when I was very young.

My first very own console was a 7800.  I had so much fun playing Food Fight, Choplifter, and even Pole Position II. :)  The graphics really impressed me!  I was also thrilled that I could play my inherited 2600 games on it, too.

Edited by newtmonkey
  • Like 2

Atari 2600, dropped off with a garbage bag (legit 50 gallon bag) full of games, when my step-sisters got their NES.

As I had NOTHING at that point, I was quite happy. Later, when I got my second system (an Atari XE) instead of a NES, I was quite POed. Parents fixed that the next year.

• Like 1

The original Odyssey (If that counts - my father was in the business)... and I still have it with all pieces & box.

My memory is a bit fuzzy about the order in which I received them, but I got the Coleco Telstar Arcade (the triangle shaped one), Atari Stunt Cycle, and the 2600 w/ Space Invaders not long after.

Edited by PacManPlus

When i was 7 or 8 my dad brought home a 2600.  It wasn’t Christmas or anybody’s birthday, just out of the blue.  I don’t think it was new & to this day i don’t know where it came from or why he gave it to us.  When i got older & thought about it i figured somebody probably owed him some money that they couldn’t pay back so he took the 2600 instead. 

The mighty 2600 :-) 

The Sinclair ZX81 had gotten me into gaming (3D Monster Maze simply blew my mind) But the 2600?

Colour graphics..Sound.. Instant loading and it was the system ALL your mates had..cue. Swappies 

You were never short of games 

The art was simply amazing. 

Possibly the best gaming era of my life for so many years.