IGNORED

Looking for info on Hanimex 777

bluejay

I recently found and bought a Hanimex Model 777 Pong clone at a rescue mission thrift store, but I can't find any information on it except for a few YouTube videos reviewing it. Even the manual or warranty card says nothing about the company or any copyright information(hence no copyright years). Do any of you guys know anything about this system?

Edited by bluejay

A "Mask" of a ROM (ReadONLY) information contained in a computer chip can be (c) Copyrighted But can be used for informational and Educational purposes as long as you dont SELL  sutch said MASK of a rom witch is just a .bin file but you can copy one archival copy for youreself for back up purposes but cant sell it you can use it to see if youre computer is faster than a nother one .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know of Hanimex mainly for their low end (at the time) consumer grade photography equipment:

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Hanimex

The 777, would be from around 1977, being an early AY-3-8500 based system.

There was also the colour model 7771-C, which used a AY-3-8515 in addition.

If you go the composite route this may be of help:

https://lesdocs.fr/composite-pong-hanimex-7771/

There were other companies who sold similar styled consoles, so Hanimex may have had runs from the same factory as the other manufacturers except for their choice of coloured plastic and branding.

Being a General Instrument AY-3-8500 based system I don't think there is a shortage of information on the chip and the Hanimex branded packaging is just that.

• 3 years later...

I don't know if anyone will see this, but Voxel link does not have the model of Hanimex I have. I found Hanimex 351 model and now I dont even know if this is real of just a mock version of the camera since there in no info :D if anyone have any information on it, please conment!

Its worth mentioning that it has a sticker on the bottom which says "Passed" and what it seems a serail number inside of it.

IMG_20230805_152021799.jpg