IGNORED

PLaycable General Instruments

15 hours ago, IveGotQuestions said:

We just purchased a general instrument playcable for $10. Wondering what the going price of these are now a days so we know what to sell it for. Thanks so much...any feed back would be great. Thanks

Did it come with any paperwork or the box? Pics? If you put it on eBay you will make 50-100x what you paid. Lol. 

Great find!  Like others have said, eBay with a low starting bid will do well.  Depending on condition, I think you could conservatively get $300-500.  Did it come with paperwork, manuals, overlays, catalogs, a console, receipts, or a small brown box?  Any extras would only help the value.  Feel free to post some pics here to stir up interest ? 

Edit:

Also, if you're looking to sell it directly here you may not have much luck as your account was created today to promote this item.  That would be a risky buy in my opinion.  Alternatively, you'll get big bids on eBay due to their buyer protections.  Good luck!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Info added
  • Like 1

This is the wife that posted LOL for the husband, completely forgot I had made an account specifically for this. We've had many offers even people making a post and sharing it to let people know that it's out there. we've been accepting offers, apparently it is an extremely rare item that collectors want to complete their collections with. Opening it up is not a bad idea. The last one sold for $1,125 that we are aware of. And apparently no more have sold in the past five years that we can see online at least

IMG_20200105_102851642.jpg

• Like 1

I'd also like to point out that when we bought it we had no idea what we were purchasing we just knew that it was something you don't see all the time and Just because we spent a low price on this does not make it any less valuable. Thanks. right now we're just going to continue to sit with it till we find the right person who wants it and who will take good care of it. 

2 hours ago, IveGotQuestions said:

I'd also like to point out that when we bought it we had no idea what we were purchasing we just knew that it was something you don't see all the time and Just because we spent a low price on this does not make it any less valuable. Thanks. right now we're just going to continue to sit with it till we find the right person who wants it and who will take good care of it. 

Define "take good care of it". ?

I can provide it with  a good home with 3 best friends. ???

I believe I might have been the one who paid the $1125 for one of the loose ones. Seriously  though, good luck with selling your awesome pickup, I'm sure you'll do well on it. ??

927BE18C-AE1B-4D57-A387-D8525380B349.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Ouch. Hope nobody hits that $2500 BIN. I paid a fair amount less than that for a boxed, mint one with all the paperwork. I'm wondering if these are still worth even $1000? ?

Depends on how bad the few big players want it.  At that price the market will be slim.  

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Ouch. Hope nobody hits that $2500 BIN. I paid a fair amount less than that for a boxed, mint one with all the paperwork. I'm wondering if these are still worth even $1000? ?

So we had 2 local offers of 12 and 13, hence why we decided to put it on eBay because we really had no clue how much it was actually worth. More curious at this point to see what its value is more than anything. The lowest offer we had was 9... And once again that was only local.

17 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Define "take good care of it". ?

I can provide it with  a good home with 3 best friends. ???

I believe I might have been the one who paid the $1125 for one of the loose ones. Seriously  though, good luck with selling your awesome pickup, I'm sure you'll do well on it. ??

927BE18C-AE1B-4D57-A387-D8525380B349.jpeg

Sorry, I'm having issues learning this site and figuring out how to reply to people. anywho though I don't know if my other comment went through but we have had some very high local offers which is one of the reasons that we wanted to put it on eBay. because if somebody is already offering us 12 or 1300 what is it actually worth you know? also once again the market is extremely slim, and you know...how bad does somebody want it for their collection as one of you mentioned and that was a great point. also I have to point out again that this is the wife's doing coming to this forum. I am not as technologically inclined as my husband is...the one who acquired this item. He used to be a huge collector of retro gaming systems, but has basically now moved on to vintage stereo equipment, lol. You would swear that my family and I are stuck in the 80s late 70s?? even if by some odd chance it did not sell, we love items with history, especially rare ones. I must say, the rarity of it and because of the few different offers we've had for it locally it has been somewhat tempting to keep a piece of history. We will see? Happy New year's all, and I'm really poor at checking email and keeping up on stuff like this so I apologize if I don't respond right away

16 hours ago, IveGotQuestions said:

Sorry, I'm having issues learning this site and figuring out how to reply to people. anywho though I don't know if my other comment went through but we have had some very high local offers which is one of the reasons that we wanted to put it on eBay. because if somebody is already offering us 12 or 1300 what is it actually worth you know? also once again the market is extremely slim, and you know...how bad does somebody want it for their collection as one of you mentioned and that was a great point. also I have to point out again that this is the wife's doing coming to this forum. I am not as technologically inclined as my husband is...the one who acquired this item. He used to be a huge collector of retro gaming systems, but has basically now moved on to vintage stereo equipment, lol. You would swear that my family and I are stuck in the 80s late 70s?? even if by some odd chance it did not sell, we love items with history, especially rare ones. I must say, the rarity of it and because of the few different offers we've had for it locally it has been somewhat tempting to keep a piece of history. We will see? Happy New year's all, and I'm really poor at checking email and keeping up on stuff like this so I apologize if I don't respond right away

Please remember that you will loose 15% with ebay and paypal combined so if you get $1150 one ebay you only get ~$1000.

20 hours ago, IveGotQuestions said:

So we had 2 local offers of 12 and 13, hence why we decided to put it on eBay because we really had no clue how much it was actually worth. More curious at this point to see what its value is more than anything. The lowest offer we had was 9... And once again that was only local.

Those local offers of $1200-1300 are pretty good, especially if you're not having to pay eBay. Wish you the best on the auction, congrats on a great find.