IGNORED

Galagon not working on modded Atari 7800 console

PhoenixMoonPatrol

I have a modded Atari 7800 console(composite mod.) 

I've inserted the cart carefully and when I power up the system there is no picture or sound,nothing.

The little tabs on the cartridge look fine,nothing broken,no dust either.

I've tried other 2600 carts and everything is fine, the system displays a picture and sound.

I've adjusted the cart each time to make sure its seated properly and still no picture or sound when I power the system on.

Help.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

12 minutes ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

No, this is the only 7800 system I own.

Very strange,I've never encountered a problem where the system won't display any sound or picture with one game only.

Do you have any other Melody-type cartridges with on-board ARM processor like, say, SPACE ROCKS or even a Harmony Cart?

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Do you have any other Melody-type cartridges with on-board ARM processor like, say, SPACE ROCKS or even a Harmony Cart?

Sorry it took so long to reply,was digging the games out from storage. Space Rocks loads fine,video,audio,perfect.

I'm not sure which other games might be using an onboard processor so I tried a few others like PacMan Collection,Space Raid,Anguna,they all load and play well. I tried Galagon again and its the same issue. No video signal or audio,the console is on as it displays its power light. I've checked my cables,even tried another pair and still the problem is there. This time I even tried using only pro line joysticks for the system,the other times I was easing a Seagull 78/megadrive pad combo for a joystick control,whether its this combo or going with strictly pro line controllers the issue remains,no picture or audio. Its as if the cart is dead. 

To answer another poster,I don't have another power supply. I'm using the one that came with the system,is working good,its normal temperature, no creases in its cord or anything either,seems to be fine.

Do you have an actual 2600 you could try the game with or know someone nearby that does? Just trying to rule out the console and confirm it is the cart. If it doesn't work on another 7800 or 2600 system, then it is likely a bum cart and you only need to contact @Albert to see about getting it replaced out.

7 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Do you have an actual 2600 you could try the game with or know someone nearby that does? Just trying to rule out the console and confirm it is the cart. If it doesn't work on another 7800 or 2600 system, then it is likely a bum cart and you only need to contact @Albert to see about getting it replaced out.

All my friends game on Playstation,don't know anyone with an Atari 2600 ?

Any retro stores near you that might let you try and fire it up to make sure? I can tell you the game does work on 7800s as I've not had any issues with my copy of the game and my 7800 is modded as well. Although I have the UAV in mine but that wouldn't make a difference and the fact you have other homebrews that work for you does lead more into the issue being the game itself but just trying to isolate it to make sure.

• Like 1

Most of the retro shops around here don't go further back then NES for vintage hardware. There is one store about 3 hours away I visited once. They had an Atari 2600,I suppose I could give them a call and ask and see if they'd allow me to try the cart out. Would you recommend cleaning the contacts with a qutip and alcohol? The cart doesn't even display a scrambled picture,its like its completely dead, so I doubt that would work, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I wouldn't drive 3 hours out of your way to test it either. So you don't even get a scrambled looking screen or just random color bars when you try and test it? Hmm... I guess just shoot an email to @Albert and go from there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I wouldn't drive 3 hours out of your way to test it either. So you don't even get a scrambled looking screen or just random color bars when you try and test it? Hmm... I guess just shoot an email to @Albert and go from there.

No scrambled picture,no interference of any kind,totally nothing. Yeah I'll contact Albert about sending the cart back to him because I've tried everything. I even applied a touch of alcohol and on a qutip to the contacts,didn't work. I appreciate you guys helping me out,its appreciated. I'm gonna chalk this up to a bad cart and ship back to Albert next week. Thanks for helping out you guys?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...