IGNORED

Extended BASIC G.E.M.

senior_falcon

3 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

Does anyone have any insight in how to accomplish what Wolfgang wants to do?

Specifically take XBGEM_G.BIN and XBGEM_8.BIN and load them into the final grom.

It looks like BINs for the final grom are all in one file.

How do you load these into classic99 ?

Quick question for Harry:

If I want to autoload my program that is using T40XB, how would this be done, if at all? I know that I need to change T40XB to use the filename LOAD (as listed in your documentation), but then how would I load the next program file automatically? I want the next program to load to be the Title Screen which will either load instructions or run the main program. It doesn't look like I can add a line to T40XB that would run the title screen program since I believe it's compiled program code.

19 minutes ago, majestyx said:

If I want to autoload my program that is using T40XB, how would this be done, if at all? I know that I need to change T40XB to use the filename LOAD (as listed in your documentation), but then how would I load the next program file automatically? I want the next program to load to be the Title Screen which will either load instructions or run the main program. It doesn't look like I can add a line to T40XB that would run the title screen program since I believe it's compiled program code.

T40xb isn't compiled is it?  autoload will run LOAD

then add a RUN "DSKX.WHATEVER" to run the next bit

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, majestyx said:

There are two answers to your question, depending on how you are using T40XB.

1 - If you are using T40XB from the G.E.M. cartridge, then you would select T40XB at the master title screen. Then if your menu program is named LOAD, it will load and run automatically

2 - If you want to use the disk based version of T40XB then you would rename T40XB to LOAD. Then you would add a line to the LOAD program (which is T40XB) so that your title screen program is loaded and from there you can select instructions or the main program.

The T40XB program is simply a loader that copies the embedded T40 code into low memory and then starts it up. If I remember right, line 10 has something like CALL LINK("X") which copies the T40XB code to low memory, then CALL LINK("T40ON") will start it. I think you need to have RUN "DSK1.MYMENU" in line 10.

• Thanks 1

Okay, I *was* using the disk based version with XB 2.7 Suite in Classic99. But now that I'm using the cartridge, this makes it a lot easier.

Here was my thinking in regard to not being able to add lines: When I load your T40XB, I see only 2 lines (similar to my compiled Grail of the Gods), but the size on "diskette" is much larger than 2 lines, which is why I didn't think I could add any additional lines to it. I didn't think if I'd save it back to disk that it would include the embedded code, but apparently it does. Good to know!

4 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

Before you do that you must copy the two files into the CART folder. Then you click on "cartridge", then "user" and the files should be there.

[usercart88]
; *** XB GEM - works
name="XB GEM"
rom0=G|6000|A000|MODS\XBGEM_G.BIN
rom1=C|6000|2000|MODS\VBGEM_8.BIN

I did the above, it does put it on the menu,

I select any one of the items and it loads

but the xb * just blinks on and off.

7 hours ago, gpaJeb said:

How do you load these into classic99 ?

Cartridge>User>Open>Navigate to the folder where you have the two .bin files stored>click on XBGEM_G.BIN .  Thats what works for me.

GEMXB.jpg

Edited by DavidC

2 hours ago, gpaJeb said:

[usercart88]
; *** XB GEM - works
name="XB GEM"
rom0=G|6000|A000|MODS\XBGEM_G.BIN
rom1=C|6000|2000|MODS\VBGEM_8.BIN

I did the above, it does put it on the menu,

I select any one of the items and it loads

but the xb * just blinks on and off.

Also..you have typo on rom1..VBGEM..if that is a copy and paste into your message.

Edit:  I tried it this way, with the typo fixed and the cart crashed when I tried using it...but when I navigate to the files like I mentioned above it works fine.

Edited by DavidC

Also..you have typo on rom1..VBGEM..if that is a copy and paste into your message.

Edit:  I tried it this way, with the typo fixed and the cart crashed when I tried using it...but when I navigate to the files like I mentioned above it works fine.
ROM is bigger than that I think

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have my cartridges in a folder named CARTS. Here XBGEM is shown. If you go to Cartridge>User>Open this will show up and you can click on either file and it should start up properly.

GEMPIC.JPG.dbd6ea0b4cc447a91a6f993e2315b347.JPG
Once it is in CARTS or another folder you have the option of adding it to Classic99's .ini file.

Here is the entry for XBGEM

[usercart1]     (I have another cart which is usercart0)
name=XB G.E.M
rom0=G|6000|A000|CARTS\XB27GEM_G.BIN   (load >A000 bytes to grom starting at >6000. Cartridge groms start at >6000 You know                                                                       it is >A000 bytes because the length is 40KB)
rom1=8|0000|4000|CARTS\XB27GEM_8.BIN    (load >4000 bytes to cartridge rom starting at the beginning of bank 0. You know it is                                                                          >4000 bytes because the length is 16KB)

By adding this to the .ini file this automatically shows up when you click Cartridge>User. You don't have to open anything. Also, if it is in the .ini file you can close Classic99 and when you open it again the cartridge will already be loaded.

(Edit) - Also, you may need to restart Classic99 for the .ini change to take effect. 

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 2

XB 2.8 G.E.M. is coming along nicely. The randomize bug is fixed. DM1000 is available from the menu screen and I will probably make a CALL DM1000 to start it up from XB. Adding some additional routines to The Missing Link is next on the agenda. This will take some time as I figure out how to do it.

There are 30 fonts available using CALL FONT(N) and I think going beyond that would be excessive. 20 of them are from the TMLFONTS disk. I picked my favorites from the roughly 80 fonts on the disk. Still, many of them seem like filler to me, and most of them use small capital letters for lower case. If anyone has a favorite font they think should be included send it to me and I'll take a look. I am thinking of fancy fonts for games; there probably are enough standard fonts for everyday use. Still, if someone wanted the Apple2 font or C64 font, send it along too.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2020 at 9:54 AM, arcadeshopper said:

CARTRIDGE - USER - Select the G file..

Don't know if anyone noticed I added drag and drop a while ago - you can also just drag one of the files to the Classic99 window instead of using the menu ;)

• Like 3

name=XB G.E.M
rom0=G|6000|A000|CARTS\XB27GEM_G.BIN   (load >A000 bytes to grom starting at >6000. Cartridge groms start at >6000 You know                                                                       it is >A000 bytes because the length is 40KB)
rom1=8|0000|4000|CARTS\XB27GEM_8.BIN    (load >4000 bytes to cartridge rom starting at the beginning of bank 0. You know it is                                                                          >4000 bytes because the length is 16KB)

I did as shown above and it works, THANK YOU

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gpaJeb said:

name=XB G.E.M

I did as shown above and it works, THANK YOU

Just passing on what Tursi taught me a few weeks ago. Glad that it works for you. This can be pretty bewildering when you are getting started.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 4:07 PM, senior_falcon said:

@Wolfgang:

It sounds like you can make this work by simply changing XBGEM_8.BIN to XBGEM_C.BIN

Give that a try and report the results.

Just remember that Classic99 wants it to be _8. If you use _C then only one bank of rom is loaded.

Hi Senior_Falcon,

yes, it works on my real TI with changing it to _C. Thank you!

Thank you too to arcadeshopper for testing it 

• Like 2