IGNORED

Extended BASIC G.E.M.

senior_falcon

Here is XB 2.8 G.E.M. version 2.820201226

This corrects (again) the problems Wolfgang was having with colors. It is as forgiving as possible. Let's say you are using custom colors and font. If you have bad colors, either transparent or the same, GEM will use the default colors but still use your custom font. If you have a bad font number, such as 0,61,62, or 63 GEM will use the default font but will use your custom colors. If both are bad then GEM will use defaults for both. If an XB program has overwritten the CALL INIT code at >24E4 then GEM assumes any custom colors and font have been overwritten as well and will use the defaults for both. (Wolfgang's program is compiled with the runtime routines in low memory, which overwrites the CALL INIT code at these memory locations) All seems to work properly at this point.

XB28GEM1226.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Force Command and XB 2.8 GEM.  When I do a CALL FC from within XB80, all I get is a blinking light on my FinalGROM.  Am I overlooking something?

Hi Omega,

if I do a CALL FC from XB40 and/or XB80 it works in my tipi system fine. But I don't have a F18A or a 80 column card in my tipi system!

In my none tipi system with a 80-Column card I can't run the command CALL FC because I get an error message. This is I think it needs the tipi system.

But I can run FCMD from my MEGA MENU program with RUN an EA5 program (item 4) even with an EA5 loader from XB 2.8 and XB T80.

image.thumb.png.f5926261a340b820d3e249f60aeb773a.png

image.thumb.png.3583d4af7db1acd0fde8aa54e1ca3633.pngimage.thumb.png.7ce3d7f2a05ab10aefec7c1a4bd97c39.png  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Force Command and XB 2.8 GEM.  When I do a CALL FC from within T80XB, all I get is a blinking light on my FinalGROM.  Am I overlooking something?

This is way beyond my pay scale. I don't know what force command is. I assumed it had something to do with TIPI. I have modified the code so that when you CALL FC or "quit" it will do the same thing as if you entered this from the command line:

'TIPI.FC.FCMDXB'

In T80XB, CALL FC acts as expected. That is, it does the same thing as entering 'TIPI.FC.FCMDXB'

Sounds like force command doesn't need TIPI, which is news to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

@Omega-TI do you have forcecmd in the same folder on your finalgrom99 as xb 2.8 gem?  If I have gem in it's own folder and fc in the root, that does the same thing, but copying fc into the same folder as xb28 makes it work correctly

As a matter of fact, I don't!  I have Force Command in the root directory, but I put XB 2.8 GEM in it's own subdirectory as it cluttered up the main screen. I will give that a shot and get back to you!  Thanks!

THAT WAS IT!  YOU DA MAN!

Edited by Omega-TI
Thanks Greg!
  • Like 1

In a private message, Omega asked:

When starting up an Extended BASIC directly from Force Command, (a true disk operating system for the TI) the DOS loads the cartridge from the FG99, but needs the cart name and the starting address.  In the chart below you'll notice a GEM is listed a few times, but nothing for T80XB.

312877964_ENTRYPOINT.thumb.JPG.2e4709386cfef11a05113a51cf4f91e0.JPG

Those address are for the original XB G.E.M.  These addresses should work for XB 2.8 G.E.M.

XB GEM 2.8                                    XB 2.8                                      31435

XB GEM 2.8                                    XB 2.8 + XXB                            32336

XB GEM 2.8                                    XB256                                      32296

XB GEM 2.8                                    T40XB                                      32314

XB GEM 2.8                                    T80XB                                      32325

XB GEM 2.8                                    THE MISSING LINK                    32212

XB GEM 2.8                                    TML GRAPHIC ADVENTURE          32280

XB GEM 2.8                                    DM1000                                   31928

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Again are you running this from the folder or another place on the fg99?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to run it exactly like I used to under version 0.M.  From the Force Command prompt, I type:

CD TIPI.WEATHER80.
XB WEATHER80

I cannot devote anymore time to it right now though.  It's a head scratcher.  Anyway I'll be back after 4PM.

I'm trying to run it exactly like I used to under version 0.M.  From the Force Command prompt, I type:

CD TIPI.WEATHER80.
XB WEATHER80

I cannot devote anymore time to it right now though.  It's a head scratcher.  Anyway I'll be back after 4PM.

Please read what I said is fc in the same folder as your copy of xbgem on the sd card? If it's not you get the blinky light as fg only looks in the current folder for switching carts

You have gem in a separate folder you have to copy fc and run it from the same folder as gem for this to work.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I get the same numbers for XBADDR and I get different errors..

FinalGROM flashing light does not reproduce for me... this smells like an SD card problem. 

But I do get catastrophic crash for any of the entry points that load more... except if I recall correctly TML loaded from Force Command's XB command. The base entry point for XB 2.8 works fine. And an XBADDR value of 0, which just causes the console to BLWP @>0000 ( reset properly ) shows the cartridge loads and is functional... 

I'd recommend Omega set XBADDR to 0, until he resolves the flashing final grom light problem. 

But then, going right into something like T80XB needs more work. Force Command is 'returning' to GPL at those addresses after having completely altered the working environment... The fact that the cart menu works fine after loading, suggests there is a problem between current state departing FC, and entering any of XB28GEM's extra entries.

Hi,

if I start it on Classic99 with Option 2 (Extended Basic 2.8), I´ll only get this:

grafik.thumb.png.8a1c959aaad9b89b8811fbeccfd689c6.png

(But I can enter things like "BYE" and this seems to work)

Option #3 (T40XB) end up this way, a.s.o.

grafik.thumb.png.022b30b4d23a4f5165036c1fece9fbfa.png

Option #6 (T80XB) just gives me a reboot and then this:

grafik.thumb.png.b1057ee46b2c91dd5207f772475ff24d.png

Option #9 (DM1000) just reboots.

I tinkered around with the settings of Classic99 for a while now, but no effort.

I also did read here in the topic for an hour or so, but all the info is too much for me :)

This is the part in my INI-file:

[___RMS___4]
name=XB-G.E.M-2.8
rom0=G|6000|A000|CARTS\_RMS\XBGEM\XB28GEM_G.BIN
rom1=8|0000|4000|CARTS\_RMS\XBGEM\XB28GEM_8.BIN

All other (user-defined) carts do run.

Classic99 is version QI399-033

any ideas ?

thanks

I tinkered around with the settings of Classic99 for a while now, but no effort.

I also did read here in the topic for an hour or so, but all the info is too much for me :)

[___RMS___4]
name=XB-G.E.M-2.8

In the docs there is a file called README. A file with a name like that means that you should read it!

You would have saved yourself a lot of trouble because you would have seen:

[usercart1]     (I have another cart which is usercart0)
name=XB 2.8 G.E.M
rom0=G|6000|A000|CARTS\XB28GEM_G.BIN   
rom1=8|0000|22000|CARTS\XB28GEM_8.BIN   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

FinalGROM flashing light does not reproduce for me... this smells like an SD card problem. 

Anything is possible.  I'll have search the house though, the only SD cards I can find at the moment are all high speed high capacity cards used for photography.  If I remember correctly, the FinalGROM works best with smaller and slower cards, or was that just the FlashROM?  

1 hour ago, senior_falcon said:

[___RMS___4]
name=XB-G.E.M-2.8

In the docs there is a file called README. A file with a name like that means that you should read it!

You would have saved yourself a lot of trouble because you would have seen:

[usercart1]     (I have another cart which is usercart0)
name=XB 2.8 G.E.M
rom0=G|6000|A000|CARTS\XB28GEM_G.BIN   
rom1=8|0000|22000|CARTS\XB28GEM_8.BIN   

aaaarghh I did read this PDF at least 2 times, but I did not see the change to 22000. shyt ?

works fine now, thanks ✔️

• Like 2