IGNORED

SOLD

ft55555

27 minutes ago, Justin Payne said:

Do these also work with previous versions of the Flashback since the regular paddles on those appear sluggish.

I don't think these will work with older versions of the FB. My understanding is that there isn't a lag problem with the FB9 because of the Stella emulator, which the older models don't use. The problem with FB9 was that stock Atari paddle controllers were too sensitive. That's why different pots are required. 

Oh. Yeah, I do a weekly video game challenge at work a with a FB 8 Gold and I left the paddle games until the very end because it makes games pretty much unplayable. I'm watching the video on paddle sensitivity on the FB9 right now. How sad that this got through quality control but our FB8 is laggy even on the menu screen and leaving it running on some games will result in a crash. Been thinking about going with a Rpi and using the FB case.

3 minutes ago, Justin Payne said:

Oh. Yeah, I do a weekly video game challenge at work a with a FB 8 Gold and I left the paddle games until the very end because it makes games pretty much unplayable. I'm watching the video on paddle sensitivity on the FB9 right now. How sad that this got through quality control but our FB8 is laggy even on the menu screen and leaving it running on some games will result in a crash. Been thinking about going with a Rpi and using the FB case.

I bought the FB8 Gold a few weeks ago and immediately returned it because of the lag. I picked up the FB9 after reading about the pot mod.

I'm actually watching another video where a guy takes an old USB mouse and uses it to modify a paddle controlle. Doesn't help with the FB problem but will allow me to use the real controllers with a Rpi setup. EDIT: At first I thought it was non-destructive but it's a little destructive. Might be worth making a circuit instead.

Edited by Justin Payne