IGNORED

"Zorfon Patrol" cart by GCC programmer Noelie Alito

Ballblaɀer

Happy New Year, AtariAge crew!

I love finding unique and unusual Atari items, but this one's in its own class. Wanting to learn the story behind it led to a cool interview with GCC programmer Noelie Alito. The article/interview is a bit of a longer read, but I hope you'll enjoy it all the same.

The Zorfon Mystery: Answers from a Golden-Age Video Game Developer (medium.com)

DSC_4063.thumb.jpg.6d874b438385388b987b822a186c424c.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Tempest said:

Nice.  It's kind of strange that both the 2600 and Colecovision versions had custom versions made for family members.  What are the odds?

Maybe I missed it, but is there a plan to release the rom? 

Wow, I hadn't heard of "Matt Patrol" and the similar story behind it's creation -- that's great. Exactly as you said: what are the odds?

If anyone knows about other personalized "one-off" carts (i.e. not talking about things like Birthday Mania and "monogrammed" Space Chase carts) -- on any console platform -- I'd very much like to hear about them. The personalized copy of 2600 ROTLA that Steven Spielberg was given is the one that comes immediately to my mind, and presumably he either still has it, or it's... somewhere.

Warehouse.thumb.gif.ad08d37c55e5ff1c46d170cb0fc4d7a4.gif

I may release the ROM. I've gone back and forth on a decision multiple times. Seems silly to spend a lot of mental time/energy on it, I suppose; I just want to feel comfortable with the final call. Before I do anything I want to see if it's identical to any of the known MP prototype revisions (apart from the title screen, of course). When I get some free time I'll add everything to Clonespy and see which revision is closest, and proceed from there.

• Like 3