IGNORED

Antonia / ARC Files - how to extract on PC? Other software not running on 1200XL+Antonia.

Xebec

Hi folks!

I've installed Antonia on a NTSC 1200XL (2 CPU socket risers), and am having a lot of software just not work when trying to run from AVGCart*.  I've removed the onboard ROMs to ensure no conflict.  

I'd like to try to run the latest ANT.EXE to configure / set various RAM types / etc..  but on Drac030's site they're in .ARC format:  http://drac030.krap.pl/en-acc-pliki.php

7-Zip, WinZip don't want to open, and PeaZip which I downloaded asks for a password which doesn't work either.  Is there any chance someone could post .EXE versions of these so I can run the latest?  Also, is it possible to change ROMs from just the AVGCart, or do I need to create some kind of .ATR with ROMs on it and load that from the AVGCart?

Also, on a 1200XL running Antonia with default, how do I force disable BASIC?  

*Software not working:

Bosconian NTSC load most of the way, and at the logo screen just hangs.  

SpartaDOS X cartridge loads in some configs (64, 128KB), but halts when I select 576KB or 1MB of RAM.  It also doesn't seem to see any more RAM with 320KB.

AutoDuel .ATR files just hang on load

Phantasie .ATR gives an error "remove cartridge" (even though I held option during boot)

Alternate Reality .ATRs don't load or hang

Some other ATRs do seem to work OK

For each of these I've tried Linear ON/OFF, and also various RAM types.  Is it possible these are compatibility problems with the 65C816?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I’m in the same position with my 1200XL and Antonia (original ROMs removed as well) but I was using an SIO2SD device. A lot of the software doesn’t run except for some early Atari titles. My MyIDE2 cartridge crashes most of the time after displaying some screen corruption.

I used the Power Archiver software (https://www.powerarchiver.com/ ) on the PC to extract version 1.4 of the software. I installed this on my SD card on the SIO2SD, but when I ran it, it would flash up “Remove Cartridge”. I have some keyboard issues which may include a temperamental OPTION key to disable BASIC. I stopped at this point with this project as I need to resolve the keyboard issues first....before I bombard Simius with questions.

PM me if you’d like a copy of the files in a different archive format.
I’d also be interested to know if you make any progress with the 1200XL/Antonia combination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Xebec said:

Hi folks!

I've installed Antonia on a NTSC 1200XL (2 CPU socket risers), and am having a lot of software just not work when trying to run from AVGCart*.  I've removed the onboard ROMs to ensure no conflict.  

I'd like to try to run the latest ANT.EXE to configure / set various RAM types / etc..  but on Drac030's site they're in .ARC format:  http://drac030.krap.pl/en-acc-pliki.php

7-Zip, WinZip don't want to open, and PeaZip which I downloaded asks for a password which doesn't work either.  Is there any chance someone could post .EXE versions of these so I can run the latest?  Also, is it possible to change ROMs from just the AVGCart, or do I need to create some kind of .ATR with ROMs on it and load that from the AVGCart?

You can use https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/arc/5.21j-1/

C:\bin\arc-5.21j-1-bin\bin\arc x ant14.arc
Extracting file: ANT.EXE
Extracting file: README.TXT
Extracting file: WHATSNEW.TXT

Edited by devwebcl
new info
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 5:00 PM, Xebec said:

7-Zip, WinZip don't want to open, and PeaZip which I downloaded asks for a password which doesn't work either.  Is there any chance someone could post .EXE versions of these so I can run the latest?

Sorry that I am a few days late with this reply but I think that this is that file that you are looking for.

ANT14.ATR

ANT.EXE

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/31/2019 at 11:35 PM, vattari said:

I’m in the same position with my 1200XL and Antonia (original ROMs removed as well) but I was using an SIO2SD device. A lot of the software doesn’t run except for some early Atari titles. My MyIDE2 cartridge crashes most of the time after displaying some screen corruption.

I used the Power Archiver software (https://www.powerarchiver.com/ ) on the PC to extract version 1.4 of the software. I installed this on my SD card on the SIO2SD, but when I ran it, it would flash up “Remove Cartridge”. I have some keyboard issues which may include a temperamental OPTION key to disable BASIC. I stopped at this point with this project as I need to resolve the keyboard issues first....before I bombard Simius with questions.

PM me if you’d like a copy of the files in a different archive format.
I’d also be interested to know if you make any progress with the 1200XL/Antonia combination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey there just wanted to check in and see if you were ever able to resolve this?   I've started another dialogue with bob1200xl just to see if there is a path forward.  I did verify my 1200XL has a fully functioning OPTION key, and I also replaced the PIA chip..