4 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

Outlaw Menu...

Found a small bug in the menu (using Stella 6.2) where it doesn't highlight what you select or make the shooting sound but does show the shooting animation.

To replicate it, select 'Players x 2' and 'Cactus', then keep alternating between selecting 'Getaway' and 'Six Shooter'. Every couple of times it will fail to highlight and make the shooting sound. When it fails and you keep clicking the button it will eventually make the sound and select the option. There are other combinations this works with as well.

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

12 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Found a small bug in the menu (using Stella 6.2) where it doesn't highlight what you select or make the shooting sound but does show the shooting animation.

To replicate it, select 'Players x 2' and 'Cactus', then keep alternating between selecting 'Getaway' and 'Six Shooter'. Every couple of times it will fail to highlight and make the shooting sound. When it fails and you keep clicking the button it will eventually make the sound and select the option. There are other combinations this works with as well.

- James

Okay thanks. I have a leftover timer that disallows left-right inputs for a short period when the row is changed. It's purpose was to prevent going into a corner direction and choosing a new row and scrolling options at the same time. Now that only the firebutton can change options so it's no longer needed. I'll disable it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just made a little video bringing this awesome project to light, I hope it brings more 2600 fans into this thread. Sorry I didn't use your name directly Omegamatrix, I went blank while I was filming and I thought the word "Someone" was a little more eye catching for a title but I did mention you in the description, credit where credit's due  :)

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say that I was directed here due to an issue I was having with Asteroids and ETIM 2600RGB mod.  Apparently the original asteroids code has a VSYNC issue that caused ETIM's mod to flake out.  The asteroids rom here with the VSYNC issue fixed allowed perfect play of the game.  Mega kudos to fixing this!

1 hour ago, WinManx2000 said:

Apparently the original asteroids code has a VSYNC issue that caused ETIM's mod to flake out. 

I don't believe it's ETIM's mod that's flaking out... it's either your RetroTink Pro or your LG CX OLED that doesn't like the off-spec VSYNC signal generated by the original Asteroids ROM.

4 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

I don't believe it's ETIM's mod that's flaking out... it's either your RetroTink Pro or your LG CX OLED that doesn't like the off-spec VSYNC signal generated by the original Asteroids ROM.

Pair point.  More so, I was just getting at something in the modern video stream was causing the issue.  If I was betting, it is likely the TV that is resetting the video signal due to the out of spec HDMI signal.  Very similar to how it would blank out when switching from 1080 to 4k for example.

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

“Sears’ versions” are exactly the same code/ROM. Just a different name on the label, box, and manual.

well, there are two unique Sears games, Steeplechase and Steller Track, but that probably isnt what the OP meant. ST only has 3 setting, SC only has 6

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

well, there are two unique Sears games, Steeplechase and Steller Track, but that probably isnt what the OP meant. ST only has 3 setting, SC only has 6

Correction: THREE Sears exclusives including Submarine Commander.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Love the Submarine Commander box art.?

b_Sears_SubmarineCommander_front.jpg

A little off topic, but the artist's son contacted me a while back about this picture. He sent me pictures of him posing with an umbrella as a model for the box art.   I thought I had posted them somewhere.

EDIT: Ah here they are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

A little off topic, but the artist's son contacted me a while back about this picture. He sent me pictures of him posing with an umbrella as a model for the box art.   I thought I had posted them somewhere.

EDIT: Ah here they are

Nice find, Tempest! Here's another...

SubCommanderArt.thumb.jpg.98e3cc5b8fc8d79fd4f7d75a4cd7c9ef.jpg

...and if anyone would like to see a revisionist Atari Brand version of the box, you can view it and the other Sears exclusives in Marc Oberhauser's blog here:

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

In thinking about these Menu Games.. Perhaps just make a plan to do all the games from the first few official Atari catalogs. Most of these games had subtle variations, like fast/slow, wraparound, zig-zag, invisibility, simple options like that. And as time went on the number of variations tended to decrease.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keatah said:

In thinking about these Menu Games.. Perhaps just make a plan to do all the games from the first few official Atari catalogs. Most of these games had subtle variations, like fast/slow, wraparound, zig-zag, invisibility, simple options like that. And as time went on the number of variations tended to decrease.

Right. "Just" "all the games" ;)

• Like 1