IGNORED

Price check on a new 130XE?

JrPac

Hey guys,

I've had an 130XE laying around years that I presume is new. It doesn't have the box, but has the lower styrofoam insert and everything that goes in it. Including a flawless system still in the factory bag and tape, power cable, video cable, modulator, and I believe also the manual.

Could anyone let me know what this might be worth? I'll try and snap some pics soon.

id check ebay by searching "130XE" then clicking "sold listings". you can find out what people are actually prepared to pay.

due to aging, 130XEs commonly suffer from RAM failure and keyboard mylar failure so make sure you test yours before you sell it to avoid any aggro

• Like 1

I imagine an unadulterated 130XE might be upwards of $150.  Not having the original packing materials would hurt the value somewhat even though by the XE era Atari had pretty boring boxes for almost everything.

The other issue that might be present is the power supply could be dead or overvolt so it'd be an idea to test before using it.

Thanks guys :)

Turns out I'm a dummy who remembered wrong. It isn't the 130XE that's new, it's a 600XL. Goes to show I shouldn't post at 1AM without thinking LOL

I'm guessing that changes things. 600XLs seem to be worth a bit more from sold listings on eBay, does that sound accurate? Do they have the same potential keyboard membrane issues?

A bit hesitant to unwrap it given how long it's been sealed and its historical value.

Edited by JrPac