IGNORED

Mystery carts...

3 minutes ago, carlsson said:

I'd do it if I wasn't on the other side of the planet. For sure there ought to be some fellow closer to you who has the hardware, skills, time and dedication.

You've been really helpful so far, and I'd have no issues sending to you. It's still just a box in the mail.

James Jacobs is in australia and probably could dump them and he knows alot about the arcadia stuff. He runs the amigan site.

The other ormatu family systems are the sheen m1800, the inno hit channel 50 and the itmc.

Ormatu family boards usually say sheen on them though.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2020 at 12:26 AM, Andrew Davie said:

I am wondering if these might be Mattel Aquarius carts.  I did pick up a mega lot some 20 years ago from an engineer, and perhaps these were in that lot without my really realising it. The Aquarius stuff is long gone, but... these could be from that, as I said. Fro the one diagram I have found, it seems the Aquarius expander also has 44 pins.

Just out of curiousity. At that time did you have any (prototypes) of games like Sea battle, Lock 'n chase etc.? They seem to have been advertised until 1986, but no proof of any existence has yet been made available on the web. 

3 hours ago, Aquaman said:

Just out of curiousity. At that time did you have any (prototypes) of games like Sea battle, Lock 'n chase etc.? They seem to have been advertised until 1986, but no proof of any existence has yet been made available on the web. 

I can't recall, sorry. I did have a few Aquarius II units and although I didn't intend to sell, I got a too-good-to-refuse (back then) offer and I literally shipped everything I had to the buyer.

12 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I can't recall, sorry. I did have a few Aquarius II units and although I didn't intend to sell, I got a too-good-to-refuse (back then) offer and I literally shipped everything I had to the buyer.

Shame you can't remember exactly what goodies you had back in the day. Anyway thanks for the prompt reply. 

45 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

Shame you can't remember exactly what goodies you had back in the day. Anyway thanks for the prompt reply. 

IIRC, I listed and published online a full list of the Aquarius stuff I had. I don't recall what was in it, but if you really want to know... look for that list and my name, together. Particularly "Aquarius II", and that may/should lead you to the info you're looking for.

3 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

IIRC, I listed and published online a full list of the Aquarius stuff I had. I don't recall what was in it, but if you really want to know... look for that list and my name, together. Particularly "Aquarius II", and that may/should lead you to the info you're looking for.

You mean this list on https://www.digitpress.com/faq/aquarius.htm "Unreleased/protos list" 

3 hours ago, Aquaman said:

You mean this list on https://www.digitpress.com/faq/aquarius.htm "Unreleased/protos list" 

Yes, that looks like it.

Also https://web.archive.org/web/20030220181417/http://members.aol.com/paparotcy/aquarius/index.html

Those together would appear to hold all the information I had/recorded.

22 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Yes, that looks like it.

Also https://web.archive.org/web/20030220181417/http://members.aol.com/paparotcy/aquarius/index.html

Those together would appear to hold all the information I had/recorded.

Very impressive lot indeed (I would have loved to buy an Aquarius II from you), but I don't see anything on that website regarding Bump 'n jump and Lock n'chase, so does this mean, you didn't have these (prototypes) as mentioned in the faq?

4 hours ago, Aquaman said:

Very impressive lot indeed (I would have loved to buy an Aquarius II from you), but I don't see anything on that website regarding Bump 'n jump and Lock n'chase, so does this mean, you didn't have these (prototypes) as mentioned in the faq?

If it's not on the list on that website, I didn't have it.

19 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

If it's not on the list on that website, I didn't have it.

I understand! It was a bit confusing on the digitpress faq, they mention these short after your name see

Thanks for a posting from Andrew Davie, we know way more about all the
software and accessories that were never released. It's just a pity
that Andrew has parted of his huge Mattel Aquarius collection, it would
have been nice to see pictures, screen shots and scans of the manuals.

Game Cartridge List:
--------------------
* Bump 'N' Jump 
* Chess 
* Lock 'N' Chase 
* Maths & Mazes 
* Melody Chase (#4652) 
* Sea Battle 
* Space Speller 

That's why I asked.

Thanks for clearing that up!

7 hours ago, Aquaman said:

I understand! It was a bit confusing on the digitpress faq, they mention these short after your name see

Thanks for a posting from Andrew Davie, we know way more about all the
software and accessories that were never released. It's just a pity
that Andrew has parted of his huge Mattel Aquarius collection, it would
have been nice to see pictures, screen shots and scans of the manuals.

Game Cartridge List:
--------------------
* Bump 'N' Jump 
* Chess 
* Lock 'N' Chase 
* Maths & Mazes 
* Melody Chase (#4652) 
* Sea Battle 
* Space Speller 

That's why I asked.

Thanks for clearing that up!

It's possible I had some documents that mentioned these, and I included them in the list of what was made.

In any case, I really did send *everything* to the buyer. Why not track him down?

10 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

It's possible I had some documents that mentioned these, and I included them in the list of what was made.

In any case, I really did send *everything* to the buyer. Why not track him down?

I'm nearing full completion of the Aquarius collection (at least in terms of cartridges and hardware), so I would absolutely want to track him down, if anything to gather more information about the items. Have you got any info to get us started by chance?

6 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

I'm nearing full completion of the Aquarius collection (at least in terms of cartridges and hardware), so I would absolutely want to track him down, if anything to gather more information about the items. Have you got any info to get us started by chance?

No, sorry. Just that web page I linked to. Must be approaching 15 years ago now.