IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

kind of all over the place this past week with Switch Games, though Ni No Kuni takes the weekend prize.  :D

Switch:

Doom Classic -- 420 minutes

Doom II Classic -- 420 minutes

Lego Jurassic World -- 403 minutes

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle -- 376 minutes

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch -- 1148 minutes

The first two entries in the Doom series became my 'bedtime' games this week as I played through them (some of it for the first time).  I finished episode 3/started on episode 4 of Classic Doom, and got about halfway through Doom II.  My goal for Doom II is to play all the way to the end and finish the game without using cheats, ha.

Lego Jurassic World was a neat pickup (well, and it was on sale, so that didn't hurt)- I really like the movies and Lego, so the two are a natural fit.  :)  This entry in the Lego series plays super well!  Since this is one of the Lego entries that uses the speech clips from the movie, I thought this was done pretty well, too.  My wife picked up Lego Cities Undercover (I think it's called) and it looked pretty neat from what I glanced over and watched.  It's a shame that the license for Lord of the Rings expired because that'd be a super cool addition to my Switch library; I loved it on the XBox and Steam.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, also known as 'the game I can never get the title 100% correct when I say it', was also a unexpected surprise.  Again, on sale.  What I did find once I got past the super-bright visuals is that there's a bit of depth to the battles themselves- a few of them you can't slouch through as you will find yourself doing them about five times over.  I'm only about halfway through the game, but it seems that there are some characters that are definitely more imbalanced than others. 

Ni No Kuni, ah, what do I say about you this week.  Well, other than that grind grind grind, that is. ? If you're familiar with the game, I'm far enough in that I have my fourth party member and doing the events leading up to the end of the game.  It's a great game, really and truly, but it is a pretty crazy timesink.  Not timesink on the level of DQ11, but it gets close I think.

Something I found that made the game significantly less stressful to me is to capture certain Poke... I mean Familiars!  Capture specific Familiars. 

A couple of them are pretty overpowered and it makes for a less stressful playthrough for me- though the crazy-low capture rate more than makes up for it (even with boosts to my Capture percentage).  I think I spent 2 hours last night trying to get a healer-type one- if I never go to that goddamn forest again I'll be a happy guy, lol.  I also banged around and did a few ranks of the Familiar Trials.  I am equally not fond, though, of the few sidequests that you help a guy catalog Poke.. I mean Familiars.  

In one of the Familiar sidequests I had to capture an Ice Queen (among others), and when I finally friggin' got one that was ready to be captured, BAM!  One of my AI-controlled derpwits cast an AOE spell and annihilated it.  Where the heck were you when I was fighting a boss and you just kind of ran around in circles?  Fortunately, the RNG Gods were kind to me and I was able to pick one up after running through the dungeon four or five more times.

• Like 4

PS4 games. 

Star Wars Fallen Order. 4 hours. Finished it finally. The last battle was tough. 

Sonic Mania Plus. 2 hours. The Sonic movie reviews, which I haven't seen the film yet,  got me in the mood, in fact I never really explored all the levels last year when I bought the game. 

• Like 5

Xbox One

Forza Horizon 4: 1,047 minutes

PUBG: 756 minutes

Xbox 360

Viva Pinata: 25 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 346 minutes

I have the achievement hunting bug again & Forza Horizon 4 is an achievement hunters dream. It certainly helps that it's fun to play. (@wongojack, I need to jump back into Black Flag again. That was fun.)

• Like 5

PC

Blood Bowl 2 (1271 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (398 min)

Not much to say on BS. I managed to beat a Babymetal song (Distortion) on Hard, which is kinda like beating a low-end Expert+ regular song...so there's that.

Last summer I picked up the BB2 DLC on sale and I've finally got around to playing.  I played a couple single player 7-game leagues with an Amazon team. And the AI, while not horrible, also isn't all that great. I've been playing Blood Bowl off and on since the early 90's, so I was able to go 14-0 with 31 TDs for and 5 TDs against. So while it was fun. the lack of challenge means I'll be moving on (I don't really want to commit to any multiplayer leagues).

• Like 4

Sorry for the late post guys and gals, I got a bit sidetracked by some projects I was working on this afternoon, but better late than never as they say! :)

Ineligible

Arcade Classics (Sega Genesis) - 51 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Sega Genesis) - 503 minutes 

Pipe Dream (Game Boy) - 55 minutes 

Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 74 minutes

Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (Sega Genesis) - 218 minutes

Nintendo Switch

DOOM (2016) - 85 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

986 minutes (16 hours 26 minutes) [85 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 772 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 85 minutes

PlayStation: 74 minutes

Game Boy: 55 minutes

Most of the this week was spent playing all the different game variations in Ms. Pac-Man on the Sega Genesis, and I really love that the Genesis version of Ms. Pac-Man has an actual ending if you're able to complete all 32 mazes in the Mini Mazes, Big Mazes, or Strange Mazes variations on a limit of 4 continues. I was able beat the Mini and Strange maze variations, but I ended up failing the Big maze variation on the very last level with just 4 dots left to eat. Yowzers was that ever frustrating!

I'm sure I'll go back and play it again though, and I especially love that every game variation can be played on pac-booster (fast mode) like the mod chipped Ms. Pac-Man arcade machines you sometimes find. The two player simultaneous modes with one player playing as Pac-Man while the other plays as Ms. Pac-Man is another standout feature that makes the Genesis version of Ms. Pac-Man definitely my favorite Pac-Man game on any system, just barely edging out Pac-Man Collection the 7800.

Other than the Ms. Pac-Man time logged it was just a little bit of this and a little bit of that around here this past week. I got a copies of Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits and Arcade Classics for the Genesis in the mail midweek, and while Arcade Classics was pretty awful (I don't know how Sega could have screwed up Centipede, Missile Command, and Pong so badly but they sure did and all 3 games played slower than molasses in January) the Williams compilation was pretty darn awesome! I had a ton of fun hooking up both of my Genesis arcade sticks and playing a proper twin stick game of Robotron 2084, and the ports of Defender, Defender II, Joust, and Sinistar all seemed pretty good too. Defender especially. 

Anyway, that's all for this week! And now if you'll excuse me, I have a severe case of existential dread to go attend to as I turn 35 years old in half an hour. :lol:

• Like 4

Week 07

Top games

1. Blood Bowl 2 (PC) - 1271 min.
2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) - 1148 min. (#2)
3. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 1047 min.
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox One) - 965 min.
5. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 756 min. (#3)
6. Doom Classic I (Remastered / SIGIL) (Switch) - 420 min. (#9)
6. Doom Classic II (Remastered / No Rest for the Living) (Switch) - 420 min.
8. Lego: Jurassic World (Switch) - 403 min.
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 398 min. (#7)
10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) - 376 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3024 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 2852 min. (#1)
3. PC - 1352 min. (#3)
4. Oculus Quest - 398 min. (#6)
5. PS4 - 360 min. (#7)
6. iOS - 346 min. (#8)
7. Gamecube - 235 min.
8. Browser based - 155 min. (#4)
9. Xbox 360 - 25 min.
10. Arcade - 5 min.

Total 8752 minutes and 22 different games on 10 different systems.

I used to play Blood Bowl a little in the late 90's, and almost went as far as buying my own set of pieces to form a team but Games Workshop was a little too expensive for my taste plus that our group of gamers didn't play it regularly enough. I also seriously considered buying the PC reboot a few years ago, but found that I didn't have the time to invest playing it. Thus it warms my heart to see it taking the title this week, just ahead of Ni No Kuni which currently has the streak 4-2-2 and might very well try for first place next week? As you see, I renamed the Doom entries once again. Now I think I can keep them apart. :)

On the systems list, the Xbox One takes over the title from the Switch by a margin just under three hours of gaming. Also nice to see a full 10 systems and 10 participants.

Finally: Happy Birthday to Jin Skippy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (February 17th through 23rd) on modern systems:

Browser based:

Adios, Amoebas - 36 min.

ASCII Patrol - 13 min.

I continued playing the JAVA game Adios, Amoebas which I told you about last week.

Apart from that, I tried the online version of ASCII Patrol, an ASCII adaptation of Moon Patrol. In my opinion, it cheats a bit by having an unusually high resolution of 46 lines with 126 characters each, which actually is not so bad graphics-wise. It plays pretty well actually and is also pretty accurate to the arcade... at least it's nearer to it than the Atari 2600 version.

• Like 4

My times for the week:

GameCube:
Army Men: Air Combat: The Elite Missions - 69 min.

Army Men: Sarge’s War - 20 min.

Frogger’s Adventures: The Rescue - 2 min.

I think Sarge's War was starting to make me feel slightly ill (simulation sickness) when I stopped, but Air Combat: Elite Missions turned out to be just the kind of mindless, mission-oriented entertainment a fella needs sometimes.

• Like 5

XOne:

Celeste 249

Human Fall Flat 70

Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game 101

Overcooked II 175

Yoku's Island Express 462

• Celeste seems to specialize in hating its player, but the challenge is somewhat rewarding.
  • Interesting that @thegoldenband mentioned a game making him ill because Human Fall Flat was getting there for me.  Camera a little too wobbly or something.
  • LotR: tACG is interesting but seems to get a little too bogged down in its own story mode.
  • Overcooked II is my wife's favorite way to waste time lately, so I've been helping her clean up achievements
  • Youku's Island Express was amazing.  It's a pinball platformer and it was/is great.
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, wongojack said:

XOne:

Celeste 249

Human Fall Flat 70

Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game 101

Overcooked II 175

Yoku's Island Express 462

• Celeste seems to specialize in hating its player, but the challenge is somewhat rewarding.
  • Interesting that @thegoldenband mentioned a game making him ill because Human Fall Flat was getting there for me.  Camera a little too wobbly or something.
  • LotR: tACG is interesting but seems to get a little too bogged down in its own story mode.
  • Overcooked II is my wife's favorite way to waste time lately, so I've been helping her clean up achievements
  • Youku's Island Express was amazing.  It's a pinball platformer and it was/is great.

I have Yoku for the Switch- it's a pretty fantastic game.  :)  Some of the parts were a little tricky for me till I got the hang of them, but overall I enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Switch:

Lego: Jurassic World -- 430 minutes

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle -- 424 minutes

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch -- 1707 minutes

I beat it, I beat it!  Finally finished Ni No Kuni yesterday afternoon after having it hurt my feelings before lunch.  I was at the final boss with probably 5% health but ran out of MP, then got smacked down pretty hard.  I ended up grinding off and on after lunch then finally finished the darn thing.  I spent some time last night poking around post-game Bounties and side quests.

Plodding along with my other games, nothing much to say on them.  :) 

• Like 4

It was a pretty fun week for gaming around here this past week! The big highlight of the week was going to a local barcade that I had never been to for my birthday and playing a ton of pinball, as well as the 2015 Jurassic Park Arcade light gun game, Centipede, and the speed-up hack of Ms. Pac-Man. After that I continued my play through of DOOM 2016 on the Switch, and played through both the original Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic CD with the misses; swapping the controller back and forth between levels. For her gaming time this past week the spousal unit took a break from Tomb Raider III and did a play through of Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis. :)

Ineligible

Centipede (Arcade) - 20 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade, Speed-Up Hack) - 15 minutes

Sonic CD (Sega CD) - 371 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis) - 244 minutes

Splatterhouse 2 (Sega Genesis) - 124 minutes

Arcade

Jurassic Park Arcade (2015) - 5 minutes

Nintendo Switch

DOOM (2016) - 440 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,219 minutes (20 hours 19 minutes) [445 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 440 minutes

Sega CD: 371 minutes

Sega Genesis: 368 minutes

Arcade (Classic): 35 minutes

Arcade (Modern): 5 minutes

• Like 4

XB1

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (628 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (468 min)

Another week, another 8 hours of Beat Saber. And I'm still not getting tired of it (as opposed to it tiring me; it does that every time, lol).  My link cable came today, so that opens up my SteamVR library, and I'm interested in checking out Moss, Superhot, and Space Pirate Trainer.

One of the games I was happy to get access to when I started my Game Pass sub was Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I played the first two TR reboot games and really liked them, but hadn't played Shadow yet. And then I put off playing it until it left the service last week. Oy. But then, I saw the definitive edition of the game was on sale last week, so I ordered it and started playing this week. I heard that this game wasn't as good as the previous two (probably leading to my putting off playing it), but I really don't see that, though it's been a few years since I played Rise. I'm having fun stealth killing and taking leaps of faith while hanging off of cliffsides.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

What pinball tables did you play?

I played three pretty new machines that I had never played before! The first was Stranger Things, which was a seriously frustrating drain monster in spite of the cool looking table design, then Black Knight: Sword of Rage and then Jurassic Park 2018. The new Black Knight was pretty fun and although I didn't do very well I somehow managed to win three free games in a row with lucky matches after each game! My favorite of the lot was the new Jurassic Park, though it would definitely take some research and a good bit of practice to get good at since there's a bazillion different goals to complete and the LCD screen on the back glass is constantly feeding you a ton of information to keep track of. It was a really fun playing machine with a lot of variety though, and the animatronic T-Rex was totally cool!

• Like 2

Week 08

Top games

1. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) - 1707 min. (#2)
2. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 875 min. (#3)
3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 628 min.
4. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 538 min. (#5)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 468 min. (#9)
6. Yoku's Island Express (Xbox One) - 462 min.
7. DOOM (2016 reboot) (Switch) - 440 min.
8. Lego: Jurassic World (Switch) - 430 min. (#8)
9. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) - 424 min. (#10)
10. Celeste (Xbox One) - 249 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3114 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 3001 min. (#2)
3. Oculus Quest - 468 min. (#4)
4. PS4 - 240 min. (#5)
5. iOS - 172 min. (#6)
6. Gamecube - 91 min. (#7)
7. Browser based - 49 min. (#8)
8. Arcade - 5 min. (#10)

Total 7140 minutes and 22 different games on 8 different systems.

As predicted, Ni No Kuni sails into first place this week, by a margin of almost 14 hours ahead of #2 Forza Horizon 4, followed by another three Xbox One games which combined means the XB1 takes the system title 113 minutes ahead of the Switch.

• Like 3

PC:

Slay the Spire 125

Xone:

Celeste 480

Overcooked II 9

Slay the Spire 83

Supermarket Shriek 23

Ticket to Ride 39
Untitled Goose Game 44

I got a new laptop to replace my oldie that was new in 2011.  It is an upgrade in every way and should let me play more games on the PC.  I also bothered to figure out how to access Xbox Gamepass for PC which is pretty awesome.  Gamepass just keeps getting better!  Among its other charms, Gamepass encourages you to play multiple games to earn additional MS Rewards points, so I had a bit more variety chasing those points.

• Like 4

Ps4. 

Sonic Mania Plus about 8 hours. Beat Mania mode with all the chaos emeralds. Beat Encore mode with 0 chaos emeralds. :)Kept trying to beat more blue spheres bonus rounds too.  I found a lot of enjoyment playing this game. But I think I'm satisfied with it for now. 

Shenmue III, DLC, about 5 hours.   Finally devoted some time to hunt for Bailu Chan's, i found all but 4. This powers up Ryo in Battle Rally. Some are deviously hidden, even with a proximity radar,  it's maddening to find some. I played all the Battle Rally rounds. Didnt get to the finish line in all them, even though you can run past opponents and not fight them. I need to figure out better fighting moves. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

PC:

Slay the Spire 125

Xone:

Celeste 480

Overcooked II 9

Slay the Spire 83

Supermarket Shriek 23

Ticket to Ride 39
Untitled Goose Game 44

I got a new laptop to replace my oldie that was new in 2011.  It is an upgrade in every way and should let me play more games on the PC.  I also bothered to figure out how to access Xbox Gamepass for PC which is pretty awesome.  Gamepass just keeps getting better!  Among its other charms, Gamepass encourages you to play multiple games to earn additional MS Rewards points, so I had a bit more variety chasing those points.

I've been diving into the Gamepass rewards too! I downloaded Overcooked 2 but when I realized I was going to fall two weekly rewards short of earning those 1,000 points, I didn't bother. Hopefully this month!

• Like 2