IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

Me neither. We've had different approaches to this in the past, e.g. the different pinball tables on Pinball Dreams/Fantasies were combined into one figure for each game, while other collections we may have split up games/events individually. I suppose it depends how much different each game is, but we can log your games separately for now and see if others will play them in the future.

• Like 1

Week 11

Top games

1. Black Baseball League (Revolution [Black handheld]) - 1800 min.
2. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (Switch) - 1083 min. (#1)
3. Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch) - 970 min.
4. Human Resource Machine (PC) - 779 min.
5. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 743 min. (#3)
6. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 718 min. (#6)
7. Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) - 679 min.
8. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 615 min. (#4)
9. Ninja Baseball Bat Man 2 (Revolution [Black handheld]) - 600 min.
10. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 575 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3722 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 3168 min. (#2)
3. Revolution [Black handheld] - 2700 min.
4. PC - 1566 min. (#3)
5. Oculus Quest - 525 min. (#5)
6. Xbox 360 - 384 min.
7. iOS - 213 min. (#4)
8. PS4 - 120 min.

Total 12398 minutes and 31 different games on 8 different systems.

It is a record week (counted by number of minutes) which is headed by something of a mystery game on a mystery system, the so far mostly unheard of Revolution, which should be a black handheld console that plays sequels or bootlegs of 1990's arcade games. Speaking of mysteries, the first runner-up is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX, with together with a couple more Switch games make a strong attempt at surpassing the Xbox One on the systems.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, TheObscureGamer said:

3 games this week mainly all on the black handheld

Black baseball league-1800 minutes

Metamorphic Force 2- 300 minutes

Ninja Baseball Batman 2- 600 minutes

Is this an early April Fools Joke? I can't seem to find any evidence to indicate those games or the console they were played on exist, but I'd love to check out Metamorphic Force 2 if it's real and you could provide a link to the game or some info about it. :)

• Like 1

XB1

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (218 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (519 min)

PC

Tabletopia (134 min)

Finally finished Tomb Raider, and 100% it, though game thinks I'm missing one artifact because of a bug, but whatever. Enjoyed the game, but happy to be moving on, too.

Every week Beat Saber becomes more like actual exercise, which is a nice plus. The Expert and Expert+ maps send between 4 and 5.5 blocks per second (and higher, though those ones are outside my ability so far) which takes some work to keep up with.

I hummed and hawed about including Tabletopia, it being a Steam app to play board games on, but it is included under games and not utilities on Steam, and if playing Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, or Twilight Struggle in their native apps count, playing Viticulture on Tabletopia as I did probably should, too.

• Like 4

PC

Human Resource Machine 1023

Shadow of the Tomb Raider 56

Slay the Spire 178

Tracks - The Train Set Game 24

XOne

A Way Out 96

Flame in the Flood, The 109

I finished all the main story challenges on Human Resource Machine, but I might go back and play some of the optional ones.  I also got access to Microsoft's game streaming beta which let me play Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  I can stream to Android and Win10 during the beta, so I'll probably dink around with that.  I'm looking forward to trying Kingdom Come: Deliverance without having to download a 90+ gb file.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Agamon said:

XB1

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (218 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (519 min)

PC

Tabletopia (134 min)

Finally finished Tomb Raider, and 100% it, though game thinks I'm missing one artifact because of a bug, but whatever. Enjoyed the game, but happy to be moving on, too.

Every week Beat Saber becomes more like actual exercise, which is a nice plus. The Expert and Expert+ maps send between 4 and 5.5 blocks per second (and higher, though those ones are outside my ability so far) which takes some work to keep up with.

I hummed and hawed about including Tabletopia, it being a Steam app to play board games on, but it is included under games and not utilities on Steam, and if playing Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, or Twilight Struggle in their native apps count, playing Viticulture on Tabletopia as I did probably should, too.

6 hours ago, wongojack said:

PC

Human Resource Machine 1023

Shadow of the Tomb Raider 56

Slay the Spire 178

Tracks - The Train Set Game 24

XOne

A Way Out 96

Flame in the Flood, The 109

I finished all the main story challenges on Human Resource Machine, but I might go back and play some of the optional ones.  I also got access to Microsoft's game streaming beta which let me play Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  I can stream to Android and Win10 during the beta, so I'll probably dink around with that.  I'm looking forward to trying Kingdom Come: Deliverance without having to download a 90+ gb file.

I may be behind the curve again, but I know Steam was offering some of the Tomb Raider stuff for free like yesterday.

So for my Modern Gaming time, again I'm all over the place. 

I poked around a bit in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but was also playing some Borderlands 3.  Because there was yet another sale on the Switch eshop, I picked up Chocobo Mystery Dungeon- I also ended up getting Animal Crossing after swearing I wouldn't, lol.

As an aside, what is up with Nintendo Switch titles having these crazy long weird titles?

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 900 minutes

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! -- 782 minutes

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX -- 248 minutes

There's not much to say about the new Animal Crossing that hasn't been blasted all over the Internet- if you're a Switch owner, why do you NOT own this game?  (I'm just kidding, of course.)

I picked the game up like I mentioned above after swearing to my wife I wouldn't, but then I saw her play about 10 minutes Friday morning first thing.  The game is fantastic and relieves loads of stress for me right now when I could use the escape from the sucky real world, lol.  Controls are great, visuals and music and fantastic. 

If I had a (minor) gripe about the game, it's that my 'flimsy' tools are super flimsy.  ;) 

I picked up Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Thursday because of the Square Enix sales on the Switch e-shop and apparently I can't resist dungeon crawlers (as is evidenced in the last two months probably of my game times). 

It's a neat game that takes the Mystery Dungeon formula and cranks up the difficulty level to 11- there is an insane amount of grinding required even on 'Normal' difficulty.  I broke down and checked some FAQs out online because I was just getting plastered by the Phoenix boss.  It also feels like a love letter to past FF titles since you'll see characters referenced plus music from a good number of the FF games is used for the soundtrack- my only gripe here is that its TOO DAMN LOUD and you have to adjust the volume in game.

On Pokemon Mystery Dungeon i think i'm pretty well done with the *major* game play other than picking it up and playing here and there.  I evolved my Pokemon Leader and did some of the post-endgame stuff.

XBox One:

Borderlands 3 -- 194 minutes

Just dorking around some in BL3 and levelling up my Gunner.  I might have some more time in on the 26th when the next DLC drops.

• Like 4

I dug out PS4 Injustice 2 and decided to play through some of it. 5 hours.   I've owned this for a year, have not played it much. Finally finished story mode and unlocked Braniac to use as a playable character. 

Im conflicted over the pros and cons of this game. It has a lot of characters and interactive locations, superb job done on the graphics, voices, and animations. And the fighting engine seems playable enough. But it is soured by the Injustice tone which I don't enjoy for long. Also it is very grindy, I keep playing single fights and Multiverse scenarios, it seems my goal is to keep earning stats and points to unlock gear and costumes. After a while I'm fed up with it.  Of course there are several teased characters that I can buy for a whopping $5.99 each, no thanks. These characters should be able to unlock through gameplay but it does not appear it is possible.  Overall the framework seems overly convoluted and complicated to me. I still don't understand all the stats and rules. 

• Like 3

It was a pretty darn big week for gaming around here this week, with lots of time logged in a nice variety of different games! :D

Ineligible

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Sega Genesis) - 375 minutes

Thunder Force III (Sega Genesis) - 87 minutes

Tomb Raider III (Sony PlayStation) - 242 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - 445 minutes

Doom 64 - 660 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 370 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

2,179 minutes (36 hours 19 minutes) [1,475 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,475 minutes

Sega Genesis: 462 minutes

Sony PlayStation: 242 minutes

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wongojack said:

Yes, Tomb Raider (2013) was, maybe still is, free.  If you haven't played it, it is excellent.  I liked it better than Uncharted.

Yeah, I prefer the TR series to Uncharted, too. A little more stealth and little less cover-shooter.

Just one modern game for me...

PS3

TESIV: Oblivion - 330 min (Played this one on stream.  I've been playing it for a while, but only recorded time on it this week.  Found out on stream that most enemies scale with the player, so those damn fish I was having trouble with at level 2 and then still having trouble with at level 33...  sigh.  Big turn off for the game and probably won't play any more.  I mean, if everything is going to be struggle through the entire game, then screw it.  Not worth it.  I heard that you can use mods on the PC version and undo that, but not on the PS3 version.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll start up Skyrim.  I think the only thing that scales with you in that is the dragons...  I've played a lot of it on XBox 360, but not on PS3.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Eltigro said:

Just one modern game for me...

PS3

TESIV: Oblivion - 330 min (Played this one on stream.  I've been playing it for a while, but only recorded time on it this week.  Found out on stream that most enemies scale with the player, so those damn fish I was having trouble with at level 2 and then still having trouble with at level 33...  sigh.  Big turn off for the game and probably won't play any more.  I mean, if everything is going to be struggle through the entire game, then screw it.  Not worth it.  I heard that you can use mods on the PC version and undo that, but not on the PS3 version.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll start up Skyrim.  I think the only thing that scales with you in that is the dragons...  I've played a lot of it on XBox 360, but not on PS3.)

You can adjust the difficulty at any time.  They knew this was a problem, the manual even suggests adjusting the difficulty.  Sometimes you'll level up and an area that was crazy easy becomes almost impossible.  There's just a general balance problem with that game, but the difficulty is right there in the menus.

8 hours ago, wongojack said:

You can adjust the difficulty at any time.  They knew this was a problem, the manual even suggests adjusting the difficulty.  Sometimes you'll level up and an area that was crazy easy becomes almost impossible.  There's just a general balance problem with that game, but the difficulty is right there in the menus.

Thanks, I'll look into it.  ?  I was enjoying the game other than not being able to kill anything without completely cheesing it.

• Like 1

Week 12

Top games

1. Human Resource Machine (PC) - 1023 min. (#4)
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 900 min.
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 856 min. (#10)
4. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! (Switch) - 782 min.
5. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 780 min. (#6)
6. Doom 64 (Switch) - 660 min.
7. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 519 min.
8. Amneais: A Machine for Pigs (Switch) - 445 min.
9. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 370 min. (#8)
10. Elder Scrolls IV, The: Oblivion (PS3) - 330 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3405 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One - 2885 min. (#1)
3. PC - 1415 min. (#4)
4. Oculus Quest - 519 min. (#5)
5. PS3 - 330 min.
6. PS4 - 300 min. (#8)
7. iOS - 182 min. (#7)

Total 9036 minutes and 24 different games on 7 different systems.

In an era of quarantine and self-isolation, the #1 game is Human Resource Machine, a puzzle game described as "In each level, your boss gives you a job. Program little office workers to solve puzzles. Be a good employee!" which for some might resemble what it is like working from home. The number of mysteries are fewer this week, but at least two Mystery Dungeon games of which one makes it onto the top 10 list, plus yet one more Doom game for the Switch!?! Systems wise, the Switch overtakes the Xbox One in the ever ongoing battle for #1 system.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this week on modern systems:

Browser based:

Survivor (Web Remake) - 15 min.

Armor Alley (Web Remake) - 580 min. in 5 sessions

After having played Drelbs last week, I wanted to play a somewhat similar game by the same company, Survivor on the C-64, but when I looked for it, I found a Javascript remake of it on the web (at http://www.schillmania.com/survivor/) which does have a few differences... the action seems to be smoother in places, and the playfield doesn't wrap around.

Then I went to see what else the author of this game has to offer and found a remake of Armor Alley, a DOS game from 1991. Compared to the original version, this remake is smoother, and the gameplay is more frantic. There also is, as far as I can see, no multiplayer option, and the entire menu system (which actually seems to be similar to Windows) hasn't carried over. The games on this can go on for quite a long time... some games I played lasted more than two hours, hence the high playing time. You can find this one here: http://www.schillmania.com/armor-alley/

• Like 5

PC: 
A Plague Tale: Innocence 80 
Human Resource Machine 45 
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 362 
Slay the Spire 199 
Tabletop Simulator 21 

XBox One:
Demon's Tilt 14 
Gold Chest Hunter 11 
Flame in the Flood, The 579

What's interesting this week is that the platform for some of these games really doesn't matter.  I mentioned last week that I am participating in the Microsoft XCloud Beta which means I can stream games to Android/iOS and PC from the MS Cloud.  So far, I've only done PC streaming as I don't really have a controller for the phone, but playing games this way stretches the definitions of playing on a specific platform.  I realized while playing both Plague Tale and Shadow of the TR that I am actually playing the XBox One version of those games.  I'm even receiving XOne achievements, and it notifies me that I'm logged out of all other XOne sessions when I start.  The games don't have any of the PC specific features that a true PC version of the game would have and even require an XOne (or compatible) controller.  Anyway, I'm logging the time for PC because that is the actual platform where I played those games.  In a different twist, I played the free game Gold Chest Hunter which is a free, Microsoft Store, Lode Runner clone that is available across all devices with access to the MS store.  I don't care to research the history, but it undoubtedly started on mobile platforms like the MS phone or Surface tablet, but I played it on the Xbox One.

• Like 4

PC

Darkest Dungeon (917 min)

Offworld Trading Company (122 min)

Tabletopia (142 min)

Twilight Struggle (170 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (539 min)

Tried OTC to start the week and it's not really my cup of tea, as I prefer turn based to real time strategy.  Been meaning to fire up Darkest Dungeon since I picked it up a couple years ago, and it's a fantastic turn based RPG, if a bit grim, but these are grim times, so I'm rolling with it.

As a board gamer, I'm finding myself playing more of those digitally now. Played Scythe in Tabletopia with the same group as last week and played Twilight Struggle with my brother (I won as USSR after a full 10 turn game).

• Like 3

I don't sleep well plus have some downtime between tasks from work, so I had some extra time (sort of).  The expression, I guess, is 'robbing peter to pay paul.'

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 2176 minutes

No comment needed here, lol.  To me, the game is simply fantastic.  I never get tired of dorking around in the game and doing random stuff.  due to the nature of the game, it's easy for me to pick up and play for a few in between tasks for my job during the week. 

XBox One:

Borderlands 3 -- 520 minutes

A new DLC dropped for Borderlands plus the level cap raised- the vending machines also have Legendary-rated guns/shields/etc until 4/2.

• Like 3

A pretty standard week for gaming around here this past week! I wrapped up Doom 64 on the Switch then decided to do my yearly play through of Tanglewood on the Genesis, but got distracted halfway through by the itch to play Alien: Isolation again. That's where the rest of my week gaming went, meanwhile the misses has been continuing to chip away at Tomb Raider III here and there. The only other games played this past week were a few minutes of Tetris on the Game Boy, and I downloaded and spent a little time checking out Dogurai on the Switch. The latter is a very cool Game Boy and Ninja Gaiden inspired platformer and well worth checking out if you've got a Switch and $2.50 USD to spare. :)

Ineligible

Tanglewood (Sega Genesis) - 230 minutes

Tetris (Game Boy) - 17 minutes

Tomb Raider III (Sony PlayStation) - 123 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Alien: Isolation - 380 minutes

Dogurai - 100 minutes

Doom 64 - 310 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,160 minutes (19 hours 20 minutes) [790 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 790 minutes