IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

PS4

Persona 5 (338 min)

XB1

Human Fall Flat (102 min)

Streets of Rage 4 (100 min)

PC

Tabletopia (324 min)

Tetris Effect (via OQ) (40 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (551 min)

Continuing to push through P5, but it's getting tougher to go back to each evening.  Still planning on finishing it, but I'm not even half done yet, so it could be a while yet...

Played some Human Fall Flat and Streets of Rage 4 with my brother online (looks like 3 of us have played SoR4, all on different platforms, lol). Tabletopia was a game of Viticulture and a game of Tichu. I listed Tetris Effect under PC, as per the previous posts.

• Like 4

Another good week for gaming around here this past week, with a pretty heavy focus on the Sega Genesis. Outside of my usual daily routine in Animal Crossing I spent just about all week playing either Kid Chameleon or Streets of Rage 2. First the misses and I did a full play through of Streets of Rage 2 on easy difficulty and beat the game (after failing to complete it last week on normal difficulty), then with a bit more practice under my belt I went back and played through it a couple more times on normal. The spousal unit went back to revisit it a few times too, because it's just such a fun and really darn well designed game. I'm pretty sure Streets of Rage 2 may be my new all time favorite beat 'em up! 

The other big game of the week, Kid Chameleon, was one of my absolute favorite games as a kid but I never managed to beat it back then; mostly because the game is a ridiculous 72 levels long (not including the 30'ish secret levels!) with no saves of any kind, and it's no slouch in the difficulty department either. It's still just as fun to play today as it was when I was growing up though, so I've kind of made it my personal mission to beat Kid Chameleon for the first time this year. Thankfully I've got a few handy resources to help me out this time around! The first is the save state functionality on the Mega SD, so I don't have to spend 10 hours playing through the game in one go and can just save when I'm ready to stop playing and come back to it later when I have the time, and the other is a very useful level map that I found on the Kid Chameleon wiki page: http://images.wikia.com/kidchameleon/images/0/0a/Map.svg

With those two tools at my disposal I think I should be able to beat Kid Chameleon with some practice and perseverance, but times up for this week so striving for that accomplishment will have to wait until next week :)

Ineligible (All Sega Genesis)

Kid Chameleon - 387 minutes

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition - 17 minutes

Streets of Rage 2 - 477 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 575 minutes

Pinball FX3: Aliens vs Pinball - 20 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,476 minutes (24 hours 36 minutes) [595 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 881 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 595 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4

Week 18

Top games

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 2411 min. (#1)
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1239 min. (#2)
3. Slay the Spire (PC) - 1105 min.
4. Streets of Rage 4 (Switch) - 634 min.
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 551 min. (#5)
6. Torchlight (Xbox 360) - 503 min.
7. Persona 5 (PS4) - 338 min. (#4)
8. Tabletopia (PC) - 324 min. (#10)
9. Magicat (PC) - 188 min.
10. Battlefield 1 (Xbox One) - 185 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3065 min. (#1)
2. Xbox One - 2090 min. (#2)
3. PC - 1684 min. (#6)
4. PS4 - 578 min. (#3)
5. Oculus Quest - 551 min. (#4)
6. Xbox 360 - 503 min.
7. Android Phone - 143 min.
8. iOS - 47 min. (#5)
9. Dedicated Handheld - 21 min.

Total 8682 minutes and 27 different games on 9 different systems.

For the sixth consecutive week, Animal Crossing: New Horizons becomes the most played game, almost twice as much as the next game. Further down the list, Streets of Rage 4 is played on three different systems of which only one makes the top list but even if the times on those three had been combined, it had not improved its position on the list. Systems wise, the Switch again dominates though of course almost 80% of the total minutes comes from Animal Crossing.

Also we're exactly one game short from having 800 games listed in the tracker, which gives an average of 28.5 new games per month so far.

As usual, anyone posting late will be included next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Adding this over here.  Carlsson said it would probably be best over here, so doing a copy/paste of what I put in the retro tracker in case people here don't follow that one...

N64?  PC?

Super Mario 64 PC - 435 min (Not sure how/where you want to put this one.  It's the PC version of Mario 64 that was just recently released by someone.  Not an official version, and I'm sure Nintendo has already been hard at work shutting it down.  Apparently he just took the raw code or files or whatever and recompiled them or something to make it a PC game.  I haven't really researched it much, honestly.  But it works great.  No emulator, just an exe file that you double click and Mario's running.  Anyway, I played until I got 70 stars and went and beat Bowser.)

• Like 3

XB1

Human Fall Flat (96 min)

Streets of Rage 4 (51 min)

PC

Remember Me (175 min)

Tabletopia (572 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (634 min)

Echo VR (37 min)

Caught up on some TV more this week than gaming. Decided I needed to take a break from Persona 5. I want to go back, the story is interesting, but the gameplay is kinda lacking, so we'll see.

Started Remember Me this weekend, and it's interesting. Tomb Raider/Uncharted style platforming, DMC/God of War style fighting (with customizable combos), plus puzzles where your altering others' memories in a dystopian cyberpunkish 2084 Neo Paris.

Played some more online with my brother, same games as last week.  Streets of Rage 4 is great, they really nailed the SoR beat-em-up style.  The Human Fall Flat time was all one level (Castle) and we weren't even able to finish it, which I think means we need to start back at the beginning of the level. At least we have all the puzzles for 4/5ths of the level figured out.  We were going to try Moving Out, but apparently that is only couch co-op...

More online board gaming on Tabletopia this week. Two games of Wingspan, I won the first one, and while I came in last in second one, the scores were close (79, 79, 76).  Also played a lengthy game of Dominant Species, where my arachnids came in second to the reptiles.

Haven't talked about Beat Saber much lately, but it's my most played game, so I guess I should mention it. It's still my primary source of exercise right now.  Getting better, but there are still a lot of tough maps that confound me, even some of the base game's Expert+ levels. Echo VR is a free-to-play 3-on3 team sports game where the goal is to throw a disc through the opponent's goal in zero-g sphere arena. Neat game, but online team games aren't really my shtick, but I thought I'd check it out, it's a pretty popular VR game.

• Like 4

It was a little slower of a week for gaming around here than usual, largely on account of my interest in keeping up with the daily tasks in Animal Crossing starting to wane, but there was still a good bit of classic gaming fun around here! I started off the week doing my second full play through for the year of Alien 3 on the Sega Genesis, this time beating it on normal difficulty for the first time (all my previous play throughs were on easy) and then I took another crack at trying to beat Kid Chameleon. I made it farther than last time this week, but gosh darn that game gets hard towards the end and I never did manage to beat it. That's okay through, because right about the time I started getting tired of Kid Chameleon the new season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club started! 

I've never made it through an entire season of the HSC due to eventual burnout over frustration with not being able to score as well as I'd like, but I'm hoping this season will be the first that I see through to the end if I just focus on playing the games a little each week and not worrying about my score. So, this week I played some Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the HSC, the latter being one of my all time favorite Atari 2600 games, and played a few games of Millipede TB just for fun while I was at it. 

For the misses' gaming time this past week she put the Mega SD to good use and started up a game of Wonder Boy in Monster World for the Genesis, which neither of us have ever played before. It's a really pretty looking game by 16-bit standards and seems to play a lot like Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on the NES, but more charming and less infuriating. :lol:

I think that about covers everything of note for this week, so until next week and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! 

Ineligible

Alien 3 (Sega Genesis) - 212 minutes

Doom (Sega 32X) - 24 minutes

Kid Chameleon (Sega Genesis) - 122 minutes

Millipede TB (Atar 2600) - 22 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 171 minutes

Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 36 minutes

Road Rash (Sega Master System) - 15 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World (Sega Genesis) - 182 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 195 minutes

980 minutes (16 hours 20 minutes) [195 minutes eligible]

Sega Genesis: 516 minutes

Atari 2600: 229 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 195 minutes

Sega 32X: 24 minutes

Sega Master System: 16 minutes

• Like 3

Am I.... fashionably late?  :D  Just two games for the most part on Modern side- not really any funny stories to note. 

More playtime, though, because I took some time off to spend with Mrs. Digdug for our annual Mother's Birthiversary celebration.  (10th was Mother's Day, 11th was her birthday, 13th will be our wedding anniversary).

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 2350 minutes

Streets of Rage 4 -- 724 minutes

• Like 3

Week 19

Top games

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 2545 min. (#1)
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1197 min. (#2)
3. Streets of Rage 4 (Switch) - 724 min. (#4)
4. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 634 min. (#5)
5. Tabletopia (PC) - 572 min. (#8)
6. Slay the Spire (PC) - 568 min. (#3)
7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 452 min.
8. Super Mario 64 (compiled from N64 sources) (PC) - 435 min.
9. Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game (PC) - 434 min.
10. Remember Me (PC) - 175 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3269 min. (#1)
2. PC - 2193 min. (#3)
3. Xbox One - 1464 min. (#2)
4. Oculus Quest - 671 min. (#5)
5. iOS - 460 min. (#8)
6. PS3 - 105 min.

Total 8162 minutes and 17 different games on 6 different systems.

You know the drill by now. Even though the numbers are down from 3800 to 2500 minutes per week, Animal Crossing: New Horizons on its eighth participation takes its seventh consecutive title and now has a total of 20934 minutes, second most played game after PUBG of course (79582 min). Many of the other titles are returning entries, while further down the list we have a somewhat controversial title in form of Super Mario 64 in 4K resolution, which supposedly there has been an attempt to chase down everywhere, in particular as I read there is a Switch version awaiting. Speaking of the Switch, again it becomes the most played system, though this time the PC overtakes the XB1 in second place.

• Like 4

Not as much time in Animal Crossing but good chunk still.  Messed around with a couple other games, Elder Scrolls: Blades and Witcher 3.

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 1848 minutes

Elder Scrolls: Blades -- 368 minutes

Witcher 3: Definitive Edition -- 466 minutes

• Like 3

PC

Jackbox Party Pack 4 (104 min)

Jackbox Party Pack 5 (49 min)

Jackbox Party Pack 6 (110 min)

Old World (663 min)

Remember Me (112 min)

Tabletopia (136 min)

XB1

Streets of Rage 4 (63 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (483 min)

Played another session of Remember Me early in the week, got busy in the middle of the week, and then Epic did their free GTA V/Mega Sale/$10 coupon thing on Thursday and just before clicking the purchase button on Anno 1800, I remembered the pre-release of a game called Old World. Which promised to be a cross between Civilization and Crusader Kings set in the Bronze Age , and I'm all, just inject that into my veins, please.

Civ 6 has a monthly DLC pass starting next week and CK3 is out in the summer, so I though I'd jump into Old World now, despite it being in pre-release.  And I love it. So many awesome little QoL improvements on the 4x genre. I mean, it has an undo button. An UNDO BUTTON! In a 4x game! Whaaaaat? And the massive amount of events that happen in the game compared to CK2 (1-5 ever year(turn) is both fun and a tad worrisome that it might get a bit repetitious over multiple plays, but so far there's been none in the one play though, and I understand each of the player nations has a lot of their own own stuff, so Egypt will play a bit different from Babylon or Greece or Rome. And the art in the game is amazing. I'm currently playing Rome in a 4-player game. I'm on my 4th leader (who's in his 50's and was severely ill when I last saved...). Carthage was kicking butt until they started a war with me and Greece, and now they're in last and Assyria has taken advantage of our squabbling to quietly grow super powerful.

Anyhoo, got to the end of SoR4 in my play though with my brother.  And the Tabletopia game of the week of was Stockpile, which I trounced everyone at, though the game has a fair amount of variance, so I admit a lot of the trouncing was luck based. Also did some Discord Jackbox with my friends back home whom I, once again, wasn't able to visit as planned.

• Like 4

It was another excellent week for gaming around here this past week, as the Mega SD continues to prove itself a worthwhile investment for playing all sorts of Sega games not in my physical library. The big highlight of the week was playing Earthworm Jim on the Genesis for the first time in a good decade or so. It was a favorite game of mine as a kid but I still haven't managed to find a physical copy of it for my Genesis collection these days, so it was nice to spend some time revisiting this wonderfully bizarre and super challenging game on the Mega SD. I also tried out the Sega CD version, though surprisingly I didn't like it quite as much as the Genesis original.

In other Genesis gaming news, I also finished up my game of Tanglewood and the misses is probably about halfway through Wonder Boy in Monster World at this point. Outside of the Sega fun I also had a great time playing in the Atari 2600 high score club once again this week, and rekindled my enthusiasm for Animal Crossing by starting in on some new public works development projects on my island in the game.

Lastly, two more huge 4 episode free expansions were released for Doom on the Switch recently (Deathless and No End In Sight) and I started in on one of them this week! At this point there are so many expansions for the Switch version of classic Doom that I don't know whether @carlsson would like to log them individually or just lump them all together under the heading of Doom, but for the time being I'll be listing the expansions played individually until instructed otherwise. That's all for this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours :)

Ineligible

Earthworm Jim (Sega Genesis) - 306 minutes

Earthworm Jim: Special Edition (Sega CD) - 42 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 17 minutes

Phelios (Sega Genesis) - 9 minutes

Stargate (Atari 2600) - 56 minutes

Tanglewood (Sega Genesis) - 247 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World (Sega Genesis) - 111 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 360 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 175 minutes

1,323 minutes (22 hours 3 minutes) [535 minutes eligible]

Sega Genesis: 673 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 535 minutes

Atari 2600: 73 minutes

Sega CD: 42 minutes

• Like 4

All legit and legal games this week!  Honest!

PS3

Dragon Age:  Origins - 615min (Played a good bit more in the game.  Got to a town and did some quests, went to the woods and camped and found some elves and werewolves and killed a few trees... it's keeping my interest pretty well.  Not too sure how long I'll stick with it, though.  I tend to get bored and quit these longer games before I get to the end.  We'll see.)

• Like 4

Week  20

Top games

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 2208 min. (#1)
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1288 min. (#2)
3. Old World (PC) - 663 min.
4. Dragon Age Origins (PS3) - 615 min.
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 483 min. (#4)
6. Witcher 3: Definitive Edition (Switch) - 466 min.
7. Elder Scrolls: Blades (Switch) - 368 min.
8. Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game (PC) - 358 min. (#9)
9. Slay the Spire (PC) - 263 min. (#6)
10. NBA 2K20 (Xbox One) - 202 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3217 min. (#1)
2. PC - 2122 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 1570 min. (#3)
4. PS3 - 615 min. (#6)
5. Oculus Quest - 483 min. (#4)
6. PS4 - 168 min.
7. iOS - 110 min. (#5)

Total 8285 minutes and 25 different games on 7 different systems.

Sorry for the late posting, it has been a bit of a crazy week despite one mid-week holiday. As usual, last week was dominated by Animal Crossing: New Horizons, followed by Call of Duty Modern Warfare. No major changes to the systems list as well, Switch ahead of PC and Xbox One in third place.

As to the question about expansions vs part of the original game, I'm not sure how to count games separately. For instance when it comes to the pinball games we've traditionally counted all boards under the main game, even in the classic tracker. If those Doom expansions are just new maps, I suppose they should go as the original game but if they make changes/improvements to the engine and change it beyond just new maps, perhaps count those separately after all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

More of the same for me...

PS3

Dragon Age:  Origins - 358 min (I watched a bit of someone else stream this game and it appears that I've already missed a couple characters that could've joined my group.  I may just start over.  Not sure.  Currently in some dream world area and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.  We'll see.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eltigro said:

More of the same for me...

PS3

Dragon Age:  Origins - 358 min (I watched a bit of someone else stream this game and it appears that I've already missed a couple characters that could've joined my group.  I may just start over.  Not sure.  Currently in some dream world area and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.  We'll see.)

I missed characters in Origins too.  I did it in DA 2 as well.  I think Bioware needed to make it more obvious when a character was a potential party member.  I didn't have that problem in Mass Effect though . . . 

• Like 2

PC

Binary Domain 79

Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game, The 179

Sentinels of the Multiverse 215

Slay the Spire 507

Ticket to Ride 40

PS4

Astrobot Rescue Mission 292

XOne

Batman Arkham Knight 420

Gears of War 5 109

Zoo Tycoon 235

• Like 3

It was one of those "a bit of this, a bit of that" sorta weeks around here this past week. A lot of it was due to recently picking up a RetroUSB AVS and a EverDrive N8 Pro for it, so I just kinda dinked around trying out some different games on it over the course of the week, and since yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of Pac-Man's debut in the arcades a I also played a few different versions of Pac-Man with the misses. For her gaming time this week she continued her quest in Wonder Boy in Monster World (via the Mega SG on the modern HDTV now that we've moved most of our consoles and such over to that) and did a full play through of Contra on the NES with the 30 lives code. Meanwhile, I just kinda went about my usual routine in Animal Crossing and the Atari 2600 high score club when I wasn't trying out random NES games.

Next week I think I'm going to pick out a longer game to do a full play through of, but for the time being I think there's a little more Atari 2600 gaming in my future. :)

xjVbfre.jpg

Ineligble

Cloud Master (Sega Master System) - 36 minutes

Contra (NES) - 84 minutes

Defender II (NES) - 15 minutes

Donkey Kong (NES) - 16 minutes

Dragon Spirit: The New Legend (NES) - 23 minutes

Joust (Atari 2600) - 119 minutes

Millipede (NES) - 24 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Sega Genesis) - 75 minutes 

Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen, NES) - 14 minutes

Pac-Man (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 75 minutes

Pac-Man (Namco, NES) - 20 minutes

Raiden Trad (Sega Genesis) - 5 minutes

Stargate (Atari 2600) - 18 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World (Sega Genesis) - 112 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 440 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 70 minutes

1,110 minutes (18 hours 30 minutes) [510 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 510 minutes

NES: 196 minutes

Sega Genesis: 192 minutes

Atari 2600: 137 minutes

Arcade: 75 minutes

• Like 3

PC

Civilization VI (494 min)

Old World (585 min)

Tabletopia (227 min)

XB1

Golf With Your Friends (182 min)

Human Fall Flat (64 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (666 min)

Finished my Old World game and won, getting 10 leader goals first. I had 5 leaders over the game. The game is well done, it just needs some tweaking. It seemed the game updated over the week I played in fact (and broke the name of one of the cities, adding "cityname_" to the front...). I'll try it again in the summer, I think.

Meanwhile, the new DLC for Civ 6 came out, so I'm trying the new Apocalypse mode, which bombards the world with constant natural disasters. I'm a sucker for punishment, settling my 4th city on a flood plain next to a volcano...

Online, we played Dominant Species once more on Tabletopia. The arachnids won this time, and my insects came in last.  Also played through the Castle level of Human Fall Flat with my brother before giving Golf With Your Friends a try.  That game is both hilarious fun and a tad frustrating. I can't imagine playing 12 players at a time with ball collision turned on...

• Like 3