IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

Week  21

Top games

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 2303 min. (#1)
2. Witcher 3: Definitive Edition (Switch) - 1462 min. (#6)
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1130 min. (#2)
4. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 666 min. (#5)
5. Old World (PC) - 585 min. (#3)
6. Slay the Spire (PC) - 507 min. (#9)
7. Civilization VI (PC) - 494 min.
8. Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One) - 420 min.
9. NBA 2K20 (Xbox One) - 386 min. (#10)
10. Dragon Age Origins (PS3) - 358 min. (#4)

Top systems

1. Switch - 3835 min. (#1)
2. Xbox One - 2565 min. (#3)
3. PC - 2326 min. (#2)
4. Oculus Quest - 666 min. (#5)
5. PS4 - 592 min. (#6)
6. PS3 - 358 min. (#4)
7. iOS - 289 min. (#7)

Total 10631 minutes and 24 different games on 7 different systems.

This week sees the second highest minute count ever, much thanks to four participants recording 30-55 hours each. The fact that Animal Crossing still is #1 is no surprise, though Witcher 3 moves from #6 to #2. Eight out of ten games on the top 10 list and all seven systems remain from last week.

Stats wise, the modern games tracker is now up to 708196 minutes. So far this year 188106 minutes have been recorded, which can be compared with a total of 194926 minutes for the entire 2018 and 325164 minutes for the entire 2019. It means at this pace, some time in early September last year's numbers will be surpassed unless of course gaming patterns slow down a lot.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (May 25th through 31st) on modern systems...

PC (Windows):

Cosmic Do! - 10 min.

I replayed Cosmic Do! for a bit after not having played it for a few years now. It's basically Cosmic Guerilla with the characters of Mr. Do!, also with some gameplay enhancements bringing it more on par with Mr. Do from the game elements. But it hasn't much depth, so I didn't play it for too long because nothing much different is happening in later levels. It however feels much more polished and smooth than Cosmic Guerilla itself does.

Actually I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a modern or a classic game. It's from 2003, and it hasn't got a README file. I can't find this game anywhere on the Internet anymore in order to get some info on it, but it still runs flawlessly on my XP machine. Don't know what would be the low end for it though...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kurt_Woloch said:

I can't find this game anywhere on the Internet anymore in order to get some info on it,

I saw that Mike Hanson's page is archived:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050913205336/http://www.mrdo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm

but it got no additional info. I found another abandonware type site which listed it was Win9x which in principle should make it classic.

• Like 1

PC

Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game, The 352

Slay the Spire 307

PS4

Astrobot Rescue Mission 211

WiiU

New Super Mario Bros. U 4

XOne

Batman Arkham Knight 773

Jackbox Party Pack 3 75

Minecraft Dungeons 127

Rare Replay 74

Slay the Spire 105

Totally Reliable Delivery Service 176

Edit - Could be a question about Rare Replay coming.  Even though Rare Replay is very faithful to the original games, I chose to log time for the collection because I was playing the snapshot challenges that have you playing short segments of multiple games to earn "Stamps." 

• Like 3

My modern gaming for the week...

XBox 360

Fallout New Vegas - 434 min (Starting this one up.  Played a good ways into it before, but never finished it.)

PS2

Hot Shots Golf:  Fore! - 190 min (Played about three rounds of this one.  Had some pretty good shots, but most were kinda crap.  It's a good game, but will take some practice like any golf game.)

• Like 3

It was an unusually small week for gaming around here this past week, mostly on account of rioters trying to burn down my city distracting me from my normal leisure activities like gaming. Thankfully the looting and arson here in Minneapolis / St. Paul seems to be over now, but this was definitely one of the scariest weeks of my life! In spite of everything that was going on in the world though I did make the time to play some Atari to relax, and go about my usual daily activities in Animal Crossing (though I did miss a couple days during the worst of things). The spousal unit didn't get a lot of gaming in this week either, just playing Super C on the NES EverDrive for a bit, but that's alright. I'm just glad my friends and loved ones are all safe and okay. Anyhoo, here's my household's times for the week! 

Ineligible

Castlevania (NES) - 53 minutes

Castlevania II: English Re-Translation (+Map) (NES) - 68 minutes

The Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy) - 58 minutes

Contra (NES) - 5 minutes

Frogger (Atari 2600) - 19 minutes

Joust (Atari 2600) - 53 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis) - 17 minutes

Stampede (Atari 2600) - 176 minutes

Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 21 minutes

Super C (NES) - 103 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 390 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

963 minutes (16 hours 3 minutes) [390 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 390 minutes

Atari 2600: 269 minutes

NES: 229 minutes

Game Boy: 58 minutes

Sega Genesis: 17 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 2

PC

Civilization VI (905 min)

Tabletopia (131 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (357 min)

Lighter schedule this week.  My Gran Columbia Civ game is going alright. I very much doubt I'm going to get a domination victory, even though Bolivar has some great bonus for unit movement and strength. I've only just taken Carthage's capital, there's 6 more civs and we've hit year 1700.  Doing pretty good with science though, so I might be able to fall back on that.

Tabletopia was another game of Wingspan, and I didn't do all that well, but it was fun nonetheless.  And of course, more Beat Saber. Still not tired of playing that every day.

• Like 2

i don't have any numbers for Modern Gaming this week.  taking a break for the foreseeable future.

(edit to make less melodramatic in retrospect)

too much stuff going on at work and with the family- I'm still playing games, but i gotta stop tracking my games because it's stressful for me right now. 

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 2

Week  22

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1406 min. (#3)
2. Civilization VI (PC) - 905 min. (#7)
3. Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One) - 773 min. (#8)
4. Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) - 434 min.
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 390 min. (#1)
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 357 min. (#4)
7. Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game (PC) - 352 min.
8. Slay the Spire (PC) - 307 min. (#6)
9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 231 min.
10. Astrobot Rescue Mission (VR) (PS4) - 211 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2950 min. (#2)
2. PC - 1705 min. (#3)
3. Xbox 360 - 434 min.
4. Switch - 390 min. (#1)
5. Oculus Quest - 357 min. (#4)
6. iOS - 231 min. (#7)
7. PS4 - 211 min. (#5)
8. PS2 - 190 min.
9. Wii U - 4 min.

Total 6472 minutes and 22 different games on 9 different systems.

The king has been dethroned! After nine (I lost count?) straight weeks at #1, Animal Crossing is down to 5th place and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the new leader. Also on the systems list, the Switch is passed by no less than three other systems, barely holding 4th place ahead of Oculus Quest. Also here, the Xbox One dominates.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

Week  22

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1406 min. (#3)
2. Civilization VI (PC) - 905 min. (#7)
3. Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One) - 773 min. (#8)
4. Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) - 434 min.
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 390 min. (#1)
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 357 min. (#4)
7. Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game (PC) - 352 min.
8. Slay the Spire (PC) - 307 min. (#6)
9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 231 min.
10. Astrobot Rescue Mission (VR) (PS4) - 211 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2950 min. (#2)
2. PC - 1705 min. (#3)
3. Xbox 360 - 434 min.
4. Switch - 390 min. (#1)
5. Oculus Quest - 357 min. (#4)
6. iOS - 231 min. (#7)
7. PS4 - 211 min. (#5)
8. PS2 - 190 min.
9. Wii U - 4 min.

Total 6472 minutes and 22 different games on 9 different systems.

The king has been dethroned! After nine (I lost count?) straight weeks at #1, Animal Crossing is down to 5th place and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the new leader. Also on the systems list, the Switch is passed by no less than three other systems, barely holding 4th place ahead of Oculus Quest. Also here, the Xbox One dominates.

I laughed out loud at this, no lie, so thank you for that today.  :)  I guess we see here, if anything, how much Switch I've been tracking.

• Like 1

Yeah, I calculated that on average your times make up for 28% of the entire tracker, ranging from 15% to 45% at most, so taking a break from counting minutes will make some impact on the total numbers.

Some kind of top list:

digdugnate 28%

StormSurge 21%

Agamon 18%

wongojack 15%

Skippy B. Coyote 8%

All others 10%

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Yeah, I calculated that on average your times make up for 28% of the entire tracker, ranging from 15% to 45% at most, so taking a break from counting minutes will make some impact on the total numbers.

I'm not sure if I'm proud or ashamed, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was another slightly slower than usual week for gaming around here this past week, but it still provided a nice distraction from all the chaos in the world as of late. I played a lot of old favorites, like Virtua Fighter on the 32X and the timeless Game Boy launch titles Tetris and Alleyway, along with trying out Crackpots for the first time for the Atari 2600 High Score Club. Crackpots ended up being a ton of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to logging some more time with it next week. 

Another gaming first for me this week was the Switch remastered HD port of the GameCube remake of Resident Evil! I always loved the GameCube original and the fresh coat of paint on the Switch port looks pretty nice, for the most part. All the characters and objects were remastered, but the cutscenes seem to have been left bizarrely untouched and actually look quite a bit worse on the Switch than they do on the GameCube when played on a CRT TV. Still, it's a good port for the most part and I've been really enjoying playing it again! 

Anyhoo, here's my household's times for the week:

Ineligible

Alleyway (Game Boy) - 69 minutes

Crackpots (Atari 2600) - 61 minutes

Tetris (Game Boy) - 26 minutes

Virtua Fighter (Sega 32X) - 40 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World (Sega Genesis) - 100 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 430 minutes

Resident Evil - 290 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,016 minutes (16 hours 56 minutes) [720 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week 

Nintendo Switch - 720 minutes

Sega Genesis - 100 minutes

Game Boy - 95 minutes

Atari 2600 - 61 minutes

Sega 32X - 40 minutes

• Like 3

Xbox One

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 1,591 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 94 minutes

A sad lack of variety this week, as I've been trying to take advantage of specific gametypes (which tend to be removed) as well as some double XP to level up as many weapons as possible before unlocking all of the camo types. It's the whole "collect them all" part of my brain kicking into overdrive, ever since I found a Google Doc to track of my progress: Camo Tracker

I've taken that spreadsheet & made another one, converting those numbers to percentages to take that OCD to another level.

Edited by StormSurge
  • Like 3

PC 

Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game, The 135 

Reigns: Game of Thrones 7 

Trine 54 

PS3 

Little Big Planet 61 

PS4 

Astrobot Rescue Mission 293 

Iron Man VR (demo) 28 

Moss 15 (demo) 

Persistence, The (demo) 71 

Super hot VR 90 

XOne 

Batman Arkham Knight 794 

Rare Replay 184 

Slay the Spire 522 

Working out my PSVR rig a bit more this week, and I played several demos.  I think I may have logged time for The Persistence before, but the game was only released last month, so all my time is against this demo (if that even matters).  Astrobot is awesome.  Everyone should play it.

• Like 5

PC

Civilization VI (981 min)

Twilight Struggle (82 min)

Switch

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics (204 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (411 min)

Finished my Civ6 game, won with a domination victory (take all the other capitals) and had to bee-line to Spain's and Russia's capitals before Spain won a diplomatic victory.  Hungary's capital got nuked by me and then a little while later it was hit with a meteor and wiped from the map.  In fact, there were meteor strikes every other turn after the modern age started, and all but one hit me (granted, I was 2/3 of the map by then, but still). Apocalypse Mode is crazy.

Got Clubhouse Games, which is pretty cool.played a bunch of Mancala and Backgammon and a bit of Golf, President, Slot Cars and Klondike Solitaire, some with my brother, who also picked it up. We also played Twilight Struggle, and I won with Russia when I forced my bro to play a card that started WW3.  Well, I guess I won, but realistically we both lost, right?

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 5

Just one modern game for me this week...

XBox 360

Fallout New Vegas - 1366 min (I'm full on into this game again.  Love the 3D Fallout games.  Pretty much bought an XBox One just for Fallout 4.  But Fallout 3 is the only one I've ever finished.  Played this one for an 8 hour stream on Tuesday, then played a few more hours on several other days after work or before work depending on my shift.  I've been doing several side quests, but today I'll probably be heading into New Vegas itself.  I've stayed out of the city doing side quests and such... some of which I had done before, and some which I had not.)

• Like 3

On 6/8/2020 at 4:07 AM, Cafeman said:

Dreamcast, Skies of Arcadia. 12 hours.   Which is 720 minutes. 

Thank you for logging this. However we have the curious cut-off where Dreamcast is considered retro while everything newer (Gamecube, Xbox, PS2 etc) is considered modern. Thus I have added your times to the classic tracker this week.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:10 AM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 430 minutes

Do you mean New Horizons here, or the 3DS game New Leaf? I looked to see if I had missed something, but I'm not sure.