IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

Week  23

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1591 min. (#1)
2. Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) - 1366 min. (#4)
3. Civilization VI (PC) - 981 min. (#2)
4. Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One) - 794 min. (#3)
5. Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - 543 min.
6. Slay the Spire (Xbox One) - 522 min.
7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 430 min. (#5)
8. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 411 min. (#6)
9. Astrobot Rescue Mission (VR) (PS4) - 293 min. (#10)
10. Resident Evil GameCube [HD Remastered] (Switch) - 290 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3091 min. (#1)
2. Xbox 360 - 1909 min. (#3)
3. PC - 1259 min. (#2)
4. Switch - 924 min. (#4)
5. PS4 - 497 min. (#7)
6. Oculus Quest - 411 min. (#5)
7. iOS - 94 min. (#6)
8. PS3 - 61 min.
9. Android Phone - 53 min.

Total 8299 minutes and 23 different games on 9 different systems.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare remains the #1 game, though less than four hours ahead of Fallout New Vegas. The Xbox One also holds onto the #1 on the systems list, with its predecessor the Xbox 360 following in second place.

Happy gaming!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, carlsson said:

Thank you for logging this. However we have the curious cut-off where Dreamcast is considered retro while everything newer (Gamecube, Xbox, PS2 etc) is considered modern. Thus I have added your times to the classic tracker this week.

Do you mean New Horizons here, or the 3DS game New Leaf? I looked to see if I had missed something, but I'm not sure.

Whoops! I'm sorry Carlsson, I meant New Horizons! I've had all the Animal Crossing games over the years and was a little sleepy when I wrote this week's post, so I got a touch mixed up. It was New Horizons on the Switch that I played this week though :)

• Like 1

Just one for me again...

XBox 360

Fallout:  New Vegas - 1961 min (Up to level 29 now.  Going around with two companions, the only enemies I really have to watch out for are the Deathclaws.  Still haven't really dove into the actual New Vegas part of the game, still doing a lot of sidequests and wandering/exploring.  Really enjoying the game, obviously.  I wouldn't play a game that I didn't like this long. lol)

• Like 3

I wasn't expecting my household to have much gaming time to contribute this week, on account of having a friend visiting and staying with us since last Tuesday, but he ended up bringing along his Nintendo Switch so we actually did quite a bit of gaming together! At first we just played a bunch of Animal Crossing, checking out each other's islands and trading stuff, then after he went to bed I got in an hour or so of Resident Evil on my Switch every night. Halfway through the trip though I introduced him to New Super Lucky's Tale, which he absolutely adored and played every day until he finally beat it last night. We also played a ton of Monopoly on the Switch, which was on sale for $10 on the Switch eShop this week so we both purchased and downloaded it on our respective systems and played a game or two together every night for the past few nights. Even the misses got in on the fun and played a couple games of Monopoly with us, and it ended up being a great time for everyone and well worth the $10 price of admission. 

Lastly, since so many games were on sale on the eShop this past week I also downloaded the Castlevania Anniversary Collection on my Switch and put a little time into the original Castlevania, but I think I'll be moving on to either the new English language localization of Kid Dracula included in the collection or just playing through Super Castlevania IV once I finish up my game of Resident Evil. That's all for this week though! :)

Ineliglible

Castlevania (NES, played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 205 minutes

New Super Lucky's Tale - 590 minutes

Monopoly - 335 minutes

Resident Evil - 350 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,505 minutes (25 hours 5 minutes) [1,480 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,480 minutes

NES: 25 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 2

PC
Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game, The 900
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 400

XOne
Batman Arkham Knight 122
Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game, The 658
Rare Replay 292
Slay the Spire 124

I binged on LOTR ACG getting achievements and completing various tasks

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Nintendo Switch

Resident Evil - 350 minutes

Sorry for being a perfectionist, but I presume this is a different edition of Resident Evil than the remastered GameCube version as well as the Relevations 2 game? I briefly checked and found there are plenty of RE games for the Switch so it doesn't surprise me if a new one is listed every week, just checking to be sure.

• Like 1

PC

ARK: Survival Evolved (961 min)

Switch

Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisama (233 min)

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (268 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (529 min)

Started the week on the Switch going back and forth between Mario+Rabbids and Kotodama.  Because of the silliness, M+R looked like it'd be a nice laid back simple turn-based strategy game, but man, it's tough. Kotodama was on sale this week, it's a visual novel/match 3 game that isn't terrible, but I'm glad I didn't pay more than a couple bucks for it.

But then ARK was one of the free games on Epic this week, so I gave that a go, and it's been pretty addictive. I've only played the single player version of the original Island map so far, but it's fun crafting and exploring and domesticating dinosaurs. The plan is to play multiplayer with my bro when his new PC shows up this week and it'll be nice to have some backup because some of those dinos are nasty. My gear is currently on the edge of a swamp where a crocodile-type thing killed me. That'll be fun to go fetch....

• Like 2

Week  24

Top games

1. Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) - 1961 min. (#2)
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1680 min. (#1)
3. ARK: Survival Evolved (PC) - 961 min.
4. Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game (PC) - 900 min.
5. Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game (Xbox One) - 658 min.
6. New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch) - 590 min.
7. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 529 min. (#8)
8. No Man's Sky (PC) - 500 min.
9. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PC) - 400 min.
10. Resident Evil (Switch) - 350 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2948 min. (#1)
2. PC - 2761 min. (#3)
3. Switch - 1981 min. (#4)
4. Xbox 360 - 1961 min. (#2)
5. Oculus Quest - 529 min. (#6)
6. iOS - 117 min. (#7)

Total 10297 minutes and 20 different games on 6 different systems.

Fallout New Vegas and Call of Duty Modern Warfare switch places this week, which also sees two editions of LotR Adventure Card Game on the top list. Systems wise, the Xbox One takes the title by a little over three hours ahead of the PC in a generally strong week.

• Like 3

On 6/15/2020 at 4:11 PM, carlsson said:

Sorry for being a perfectionist, but I presume this is a different edition of Resident Evil than the remastered GameCube version as well as the Relevations 2 game? I briefly checked and found there are plenty of RE games for the Switch so it doesn't surprise me if a new one is listed every week, just checking to be sure.

Resident Evil on the Switch is essentially the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil, but while the GameCube version was in 240p/480i the Switch port has been remastered up to 1080p. So the Switch version of the original Resident Evil is essentially a remaster of a remake. Confusing, I know lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Resident Evil on the Switch is essentially the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil, but while the GameCube version was in 240p/480i the Switch port has been remastered up to 1080p. So the Switch version of the original Resident Evil is essentially a remaster of a remake. Confusing, I know lol

I sometimes see that version referred to as Resident Evil: Archives, but I think that title actually applies to both that game and Resident Evil 0.  It could help limit confusion in this context to call it a remaster of Resident Evil: Archives - Resident Evil.  Or perhaps that is more confusing . . .

• Like 1

A solid week for gaming with a lotta variety around here this past week! Outside of going about my usual daily routine in Animal Crossing I played a whole lotta Monopoly on the Switch with the spousal unit, finished up my play through of Resident Evil on the Switch, then just played a bunch of random games for a few minutes here and a few minutes there over the course of the rest of the week. 

One of my big goals for gaming this year is to see the current season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club through until the end this time around, since I've always burnt out part way through and never actually completed a season, but this year it's my top gaming goal to play every single week even if it's not a game I'm familiar with or one that I'm good at. I'm doing pretty well on that goal and haven't missed a week thus far, though I did procrastinate on playing until Sunday night last couple rounds since they've been games that I wasn't familiar with or terribly interested in playing. I'm still sticking with it though, and with any luck I'll continue to do so through the rest of the season :)

Anyhoo, here's my household's times for the week!

Ineligible

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES, played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Cosmic Commuter (Atari 2600) - 12 minutes

Dolphin (Atari 2600) - 40 minutes

Kid Dracula (NES, played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 60 minutes

Lethal Enforcers (Sega Genesis) - 64 minutes

Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters (Sega CD) - 22 minutes

Solar Striker (Game Boy) - 15 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 395 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 130 minutes

Doom: No End in Sight - 55 minutes

Monopoly - 590 minutes

Resident Evil - 60 minutes

1,468 minutes (24 hours 28 minutes) [1,230 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 1,230 minutes

NES: 85 minutes

Sega Genesis: 64 minutes

Atari 2600: 52 minutes

Sega CD: 22 minutes

Game Boy: 15 minutes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

A solid week for gaming with a lotta variety around here this past week! Outside of going about my usual daily routine in Animal Crossing I played a whole lotta Monopoly on the Switch with the spousal unit, finished up my play through of Resident Evil on the Switch, then just played a bunch of random games for a few minutes here and a few minutes there over the course of the rest of the week. 

One of my big goals for gaming this year is to see the current season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club through until the end this time around, since I've always burnt out part way through and never actually completed a season, but this year it's my top gaming goal to play every single week even if it's not a game I'm familiar with or one that I'm good at. I'm doing pretty well on that goal and haven't missed a week thus far, though I did procrastinate on playing until Sunday night last couple rounds since they've been games that I wasn't familiar with or terribly interested in playing. I'm still sticking with it though, and with any luck I'll continue to do so through the rest of the season :)

Anyhoo, here's my household's times for the week!

Ineligible

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES, played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Cosmic Commuter (Atari 2600) - 12 minutes

Dolphin (Atari 2600) - 40 minutes

Kid Dracula (NES, played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 60 minutes

Lethal Enforcers (Sega Genesis) - 64 minutes

Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters (Sega CD) - 22 minutes

Solar Striker (Game Boy) - 15 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 395 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 130 minutes

Doom: No End in Sight - 55 minutes

Monopoly - 590 minutes

Resident Evil - 60 minutes

1,468 minutes (24 hours 28 minutes) [1,230 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 1,230 minutes

NES: 85 minutes

Sega Genesis: 64 minutes

Atari 2600: 52 minutes

Sega CD: 22 minutes

Game Boy: 15 minutes

The kids and I play Monopoly on the Switch on a semi regular basis. Its a good fun game but the super annoying save bug is ridiculous. I have only had one game actually save correctly. It was only $20 at Walmart though so I can forgive it. 

• Like 1

Only a couple new games...

XBox 360

Fallout:  New Vegas - 369 min (Playing along close to the end.  Got to where the game was freezing every time I went through a door.  Finally figured out a way around it, but it's pretty frustrating.  Thought it was my console overheating or messing up at first, but looked online and it seems like it's a common issue/bug.  Oh well.)

Wii

The Legend of Zelda:  Twilight Princess - 192 min (Started up Twilight Princess because it looked like Fallout wasn't going to work.  Got a little ways into it and probably going to try to play through it next.  It was the first Zelda game I ever beat, but I haven't really played it since then.)

• Like 3

PC

ARK: Survival Evolved (583 min)

PS4

The Last of Us Part II (917 min)

Oculus Quest

Best Saber (533 min)

More ARK earlier in the week. A couple tamed dinos and a second base has been set up. Still getting my butt whooped when I explore to far from my starting spot, despite getting to 35th level, but I'm figuring out some tactics for dealing with some of the trickier fauna.

Then TLoU2 released Thursday night, and it's been nothing but that since. Wow, the story and acting managed to one up the first game somehow. And the stealth action is right up my alley. Really enjoying it.

• Like 4

Week  25

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1170 min. (#2)
2. Last of Us Part II, The (PS4) - 917 min.
3. Monopoly (Switch) - 590 min.
4. ARK: Survival Evolved (PC) - 583 min. (#3)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 533 min. (#7)
6. Rare Replay (Xbox One) - 492 min.
7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 395 min.
8. Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) - 369 min. (#1)
9. Slay the Spire (Xbox One) - 299 min.
10. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The (Wii) - 192 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 1994 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 1230 min. (#3)
3. PS4 - 1172 min.
4. PC - 990 min. (#2)
5. Oculus Quest - 533 min. (#5)
6. Xbox 360 - 369 min. (#4)
7. Wii - 192 min.
8. iOS - 102 min. (#6)

Total 6582 minutes and 20 different games on 8 different systems.

With just over 6 hours advantage, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare takes the title ahead of The Last of Us II with a very tight race of 7 minutes between #3 and #4. Systems wise, the Xbox One remains in 1st place with Switch moving back into 2nd and a strong showing of the PS4 bringing it to 3rd.

One more week until mid-season stats! In case someone was late to post, include your times below and those will be include next week.

• Like 4

PC

Highway Pursuit 29

Re-Volt GL 492

PS4

Moss 118

Super Hot VR 20

WiiU

Zelda Breath of the Wild 203

XOne

Oxenfree 117

Shadow of the Tomb Raider 826

Well, I mentioned in the classic tracker that I went looking for a way to play the '99 RC racer Re-Volt.  After a couple attempts, I discovered a community supported and updated version of the game called Re-Volt GL (that uses OpenGL).  It is a really fun little racing game that I sunk way more time into than I expected.  In other news, I started playing BotW  and put in time with some other PSVR games.

and I decided to move my Shadow of the Tomb Raider time from PC to XOne.  It has just become very obvious that I am simply streaming the XOne version of the game to my PC as part of this XCloud BETA thing I am a part of.  The time really belongs in XOne (at least I think so).  The thing that made me change my mind is that I can play the same version of the game on my Android phone, and it will pull in my save games and achievements and everything.  The version I am playing is definitely NOT a phone game and would never be confused for one, so I think the time needs to go under XOne.  That means @carlsson that all my past time should probably be flipped from PC to XOne.  Or not - probably not that big a deal in the end.

I've got time off next week so my times should be even higher a week from now.

• Like 3

My modern gaming for the week...

Wii

Legend of Zelda:  Twilight Princess - 445 min (Just finished up Death Mountain dungeon.  Was a bit frustrated at one point where I'm supposed to be fighting things on my horse.  I remember that being one of the worst parts of the game, though.  I never was that good at it, but finally got through that part.  Pretty sure there's more of that coming up, though.  Need a bigger wallet because I stay pretty close to maxed out on rupees and it's annoying to find a 50 rupee chest and can't hold it.)

• Like 3