IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

PS2 

Ghost in a Shell 17 

Katamari Damacy 30 

Wii 

Scene It: Bright Lights Big Screen 29 

X360 

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel 25 

Alpha Protocol 40 

Battlefield Bad Company 2 35 

Blood Stone 007 15 

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 21 

Call of Duty Black Ops 25 

Syndicate 9 

XOne 

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition 130

A bit of variety as I tested some last gen games on Wii and 360 that I recently bought on line.  I've also now got a modded PS2 in my house and my brother and I dinked around on that for a little bit.  More Minecraft too . . .

• Like 4

XB1

Life is Strange (1114 min)

PC

Democracy 3 (610 min)

Dicey Dungeons (73 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (376 min)

FitXR (75 min) [was BoxVR]

Considering how much I liked playing it 5 years ago (and it was 5 years ago, not 7, the "2013" date on the save file was the in-game date), I was surprised how much I forgot about LiS, aside from a few key moments, including pretty much everything about the last two episodes. So that made replaying a lot more enjoyable. The first episode is free on all the platforms it's on (which is everything) if you've never checked it out.

Saw that Democracy 4 is coming out and remembered I have, but never played, Democracy 3. One of the campaigns, I tried simulating the current administration in the US. Through the 4-year term, GDP dropped like a rock, which lead to Extreme Nationalism, which lead to Race Riots, and the term ended with Contagious Disease. Story checks out.

Dicey Dungeons is a cool "dice builder", definitely check more of that out this week.

• Like 3

Week 31

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1612 min. (#1)
2. Life is Strange (2015) (Xbox One) - 1114 min.
3. Death end re;Quest (PC) - 982 min. (#6)
4. Democracy 3 (PC) - 610 min.
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 376 min. (#9)
6. Doom 3 (Switch) - 355 min. (#7)
7. Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2) - 300 min. (#3)
8. Minecraft (Vita) - 243 min.
9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 145 min.
10. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition [Physical] (Xbox One) - 130 min. (#2)

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2856 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1700 min. (#2)
3. Switch - 600 min. (#3)
4. Oculus Quest - 451 min. (#6)
5. PS2 - 347 min. (#4)
6. Vita - 291 min. (#7)
7. Xbox 360 - 170 min. (#10)
8. DS - 60 min. (#8)
9. iOS - 34 min. (#9)
10. Wii - 29 min.

Total 6538 minutes and 29 different games on 10 different systems.

CoD: Modern Warfare still is our #1 game, followed by the first episode of Life is Strange. Since both are Xbox One games, it dominates the systems list. As usual many games are recurring from last week, though with as many as 16 new entries this week we're now up to 882 unique entries. We ended 2019 with 665 unique games so that is an increase by almost 1/3 in 7 months.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

I think you missed my 154 minutes of StarCraft II...

So what should I do if I play both the Japanese and US versions of the same game on the same system? I'm guessing list them together, unless you specifically want to track them separately since the titles are slightly different. I'm also not planning on playing the US version next week, anyway, since I mostly was playing to help do some bug testing for the guys over at GameFAQs.

Lots of Mary Skelter 2 in Japanese again but on a different system, not a whole lot of anything else aside from a few random visual novels. No Strange Journey this time.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 91

Japanese PS4 version. Bug testing to help people over on GameFAQs who found a potential solution to a strange glitch.

Switch
Bokuhime Project - 79
Flowers: Les quatre saisons - 32

My reading ability is still not good enough to play Flowers in Japanese. The kanji is so difficult that there is occasional furigana so native Japanese readers can read properly. Some day...
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch - 1,329

Yes, that is the full title of the Japanese version. Maybe they thought you might forget what system you are playing it on...? According to Famitsu, this version only sold 2,056 copies before dropping off the sales chart completely, so I imagine it will be very expensive among hardcore Japanese Switch collectors in 20~30 years. Not sure if times for this and the US version count together or not...

Mary Skelter 2 - 189

US version. Bug testing for GameFAQs people again. So yeah, I'm not sure if the US and Japanese versions count collectively or not, but if so, the total between the two Switch versions is 1518. I won't be playing this version next time, anyway.

Nurse Love Syndrome - 29
Sonic Mania Plus- 94

GBA
Metroid Zero Mission - 44

PC
AM2R - 9

I love this game, but I wasn't feeling it at the time, so I only played for 9 minutes and quit.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

I think you missed my 154 minutes of StarCraft II...

So what should I do if I play both the Japanese and US versions of the same game on the same system? I'm guessing list them together, unless you specifically want to track them separately since the titles are slightly different. I'm also not planning on playing the US version next week, anyway, since I mostly was playing to help do some bug testing for the guys over at GameFAQs.

Sorry, yes I overlooked that figure so I'll include it with this week instead.

Generally if two regional versions of the same game are identical except for language, we group them. If they differ in more aspects, perhaps level designs, gameplay or something that makes one version significantly different, we list them separately.

In the case of Mary Skelter 2, I have no clue if the two just differ in language or also in content. For the moment I keep them apart, but can combine if that makes more sense.

Edited by carlsson

51 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Sorry, yes I overlooked that figure so I'll include it with this week instead.

Generally if two regional versions of the same game are identical except for language, we group them. If they differ in more aspects, perhaps level designs, gameplay or something that makes one version significantly different, we list them separately.

In the case of Mary Skelter 2, I have no clue if the two just differ in language or also in content. For the moment I keep them apart, but can combine if that makes more sense.

Okay. For Japanese and US versions of MS2 for Switch, same game is the same, no change other than language.

• Like 1

I haven't played any Gran Turismo games since GT3 A-Spec on the PS2.  So I remedied that this week...

Playstation 2

Gran Turismo 4 - 361 min (Started up GT4 and was surprised that there was an option to import some licenses and money from a GT3 game save.  Heck yea!  I hate doing the license tests in GT games.  Anyway, after that I had a pretty good time with looking at the cars available and buying, upgrading, and racing them.  Looking to probably put more time into this next week, but possibly not as much as I did this week.)

• Like 2

This might be one of, if not the, smallest weeks for gaming my household has had all year but there was a still a fair bit of fun to be had. First I finished my play through of the Doom 3 expansion Resurrection of Evil, then I set about refurbishing an old beat up Game Boy Color that a friend gave me for free. I ended up replacing the shell and buttons as well as installing a brand new backlit TFT screen and glass screen protector sized to fit the slightly smaller than usual screen. It came out great and it's been a ton of fun playing Game Boy Color games with it, and I especially like that since it's got a TFT screen rather than an IPS one you can still play it outside under natural light without the screen washing out. :)

As far as the other games played this week go, I think I've kinda lost interest in Animal Crossing at this point but the misses made up for it by logging a couple more hours in Untitled Goose Game. She's almost done with it at this point I think, it seems to be a pretty short game. Looking ahead to next week, I'll be continuing my play through of Tomb Raider on my new Game Boy Color and getting to the current round of Atari 2600 High Score Club games. 

That's all the news that's fit to print for this week! Until next time, and as always, happy gaming to you and yours!

BacklitGBC1.thumb.JPG.67bbef9edd17aac14894eb9bffcf76a4.JPGBacklitGBC2.thumb.JPG.92552561626a17195fe9cba7a5ad8cd6.JPG

Ineligible

Dance Dance Revolution GB (Game Boy Color) - 45 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition (Game Boy Color) - 25 minutes

Solar Striker (Game Boy) - 10 minutes

Tomb Raider: Starring Lara Croft (Game Boy Color) - 146 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 15 minutes

Doom 3 - 340 minutes

Untitled Goose Game - 120 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

701 minutes (11 hours 41 minutes) [475 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 475 minutes

Game Boy Color: 216 minutes

Game Boy: 10 minutes

• Like 3

XB1

HITMAN (479 min)

PC

Dicey Dungeons (259 min)

Terraforming Mars (206 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (293 min)

FitXR (101 min)

Not much to add today; fighting off an infection and the fever is making it tough to concentrate. I'm going to lay down now.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 2

Week 32

Top games

1. Mary Skelter 2 (US, EU) / Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch (JP) (Switch) - 1518 min.
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1148 min. (#1)
3. HITMAN (Xbox One) - 479 min.
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 394 min.
5. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) - 361 min.
6. Xonic (Vita) - 350 min.
7. Doom 3 (Switch) - 340 min. (#6)
8. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 293 min. (#5)
9. Dicey Dungeons (PC) - 259 min.
10. Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2) - 240 min. (#7)

Top systems

1. Switch - 2227 min. (#3)
2. Xbox One - 1692 min. (#1)
3. PC - 628 min. (#2)
4. PS2 - 601 min. (#5)
5. Oculus Quest - 394 min. (#4)
6. Wii U - 394 min.
7. Vita - 350 min. (#6)
8. PS4 - 212 min.
9. Dedicated Handheld - 48 min.
10. GBA - 44 min.

Total 6627 minutes and 26 different games on 11 different systems.

The dungeon crawling role playing game Mary Skelter 2 in two different versions combined into one score (1329 + 189 min) takes the title this week, ahead of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Honrable mention to StarCraft II which would've been #9 last week if I hadn't overlooked it. Instead it helps the PC platform up to 3rd place on a list dominated by Switch after a few weeks downtime, ahead of the Xbox One. This week is also one of the few where the modern tracker sees more than 10 different systems, leaving iOS off the list.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

Yay, Monday. I noticed that I've been playing a lot of games with Imai Asami in them recently. There will most likely be several more soon, too.

PSP
Corpse Party - 85

The Japanese version of this game recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of its release on the 12th. Unfortunately, I let one of my friends borrow my Japanese copy about 5~6 years ago and haven't asked for it back yet. Imai Asami is in this game.

Switch
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch - 1440

This looks like a nice even 24 hours and it is since I'm using the save file's play time to keep track, but the game actually crashed, so I lost some time here. Imai Asami is in this game, too, as well as its prequel and unreleased sequel, which I played a few weeks ago and I heard her voice there when I was playing. She's also in Nurse Love Syndrome, which I played last time but not this time. I can't get away from her~
Sonic Mania - 7

• Like 1

A good week for gaming, though in spite of my best intentions I never did seem to get around to playing the Atari 2600 High Score Club games for the round this week. Ah well, I've still got another week to play them, and what I did spend a good chunk of time playing was Tomb Raider on the Game Boy Color! My goodness I had forgotten what a long game this was, but it manages to capture the feel of the home console games so darn well that I don't mind putting the time into beating it. I've still got 3 levels left to go, but I'm getting pretty close to the end at this point. 

What I did manage to finish this week was the final expansion for Doom 3, The Lost Mission. The misses also wrapped up her play through of Untitled Goose Game on the Switch and put a good bit of time into Final Fight CD for the Sega CD. She was hoping to be able to beat it but the game kept crashing on the second level so I think that one will be going on the back burner for the foreseeable future. 

Anyway, that's about all there is to report for this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Ineligible

Astro Warrior (Sega Master System) - 15 minutes

Final Fight CD (Sega CD) - 120 minutes

Tomb Raider: Starring Lara Croft (Game Boy Color) - 715 minutes

Viewpoint (Sega Genesis) - 10 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom 3 - 190 minutes

Untitled Goose Game - 45 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,095 minutes (18 hours 15 minutes) [235 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Game Boy Color: 715 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 235 minutes

Sega CD: 120 minutes

Sega Master System : 15 minutes

Sega Genesis: 10 minutes

• Like 1

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (287 min)

FitXR (93 min)

Definitely the shortest amount of play time I've recorded since joining in here...  Getting ill Monday morning and not really recovering until Thursday put a huge dent in the gaming, and when I was feeling better, I continued just watching tv and movies, aside from getting back into my daily VR workout. I do want to finish Hitman and get started on something new this week though.

• Like 1

Week 33

Top games

1. Mary Skelter 2 (US, EU) / Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch (JP) (Switch) - 1440 min. (#1)
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 972 min. (#2)
3. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 287 min. (#8)
4. Doom 3 (Switch) - 190 min. (#7)
5. Resident Evil VII (PS4) - 110 min.
6. FitXR (previously BoxVR) (Oculus Quest) - 93 min.
7. Corpse Party (PSP) - 85 min.
8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 52 min.
9. Untitled Goose Game (Switch) - 45 min.
10. Quantum Conundrum (Xbox 360) - 33 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 1675 min. (#1)
2. Xbox One - 972 min. (#2)
3. Oculus Quest - 380 min. (#5)
4. PS4 - 110 min. (#8)
5. PSP - 85 min.
6. iOS - 52 min.
7. Xbox 360 - 33 min.

Total 3307 minutes and 10 different games on 7 different systems.

A rather relaxed week - perhaps many enjoying the weather, going back to work or schools, being ill or something else. In any case, Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 on the Switch wins for the second week in a row, followed by Call of Duty Modern Warfare and then a huge gap down to Beat Saber in 3rd place. Actually all 10 played games enter the top list this week. Systems wise, the Switch and Xbox One also retain their positions.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare becomes the second game to beat 30K minutes, a target that Animal Crossing: New Horizons for a good while appeared to be approaching though it has slowed down a lot recently and still sits at 29100 min. PUBG also has dried up but still is undisputed overall #1 at almost 80K minutes.

In case anyone didn't find time to post your times, please add those below and I'll include them for next week.

• Like 1

I’ve been doing a bunch of electronics and retro-tinkering for the past two weeks - not much gaming for me personally. However this week I have played NO MAN’S SKY for 90 minutes and MS Flight Simulator 2020 for 190 minutes yesterday, both on PC (Win10). I’m sure there will be much more time into Flight Sim this week. As an AA subscriber, I can edit this post for the next 30 days so I’ll try to update it through the week. 

• Like 1

Only 1 game this time. Some extremely interesting coincidence resulted in me getting EXACTLY the same time as last week somehow, and I checked my math 5 times just to be sure.

Switch
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch - 1440

Finished Mary Skelter 2 and ended the week 8 hours and 17 minutes into the remake of its prequel. I somehow managed to cut my time from my previous playthrough on the PS4 by an incredible 11~12 hours while still doing everything in the game, including both endings. I used a timer for both endings and added those times to the time on my save file since you can't save after beating either of the 2 final bosses because the game is over (or is it...?). This was a good idea since it turns out that the true ending is almost 2 hours long while the bad end lasts for 25 minutes. The game is over, but the game is not over yet...

• Like 1