IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

XB1

Tell Me Why (213 min)

PC

Complex, The (92 min)

Crusader Kings III (1093 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (305 min)

FitXR (122 min)

Still on the narrative game kick. I played the second chapter of Tell Me Why, as well as The Complex, which is called a FMV game, but these days that just means a movie interspersed with choices. The lead is played by Michelle Mylett, Katy from Letterkenny, one of my favorite shows, so that's pretty cool. And as far as an indie movie goes, it wasn't terrible.

And, CK3 is finally out, so I expect that will be on my list for the next few weeks. There's something about building a medieval empire and then making sure your heir isn't a bumbling idiot or that your realm isn't split 13 ways between family members when you die. Good times.

• Like 2

Just one game for me this week...

XBox

Fable - 553 min (Got through the tournament stage and met Jack of Blades, if you're familiar with the game.  I'm doing all the things I think are "good" (as opposed to "evil") in the game, so when given the option to kill my school mate or whatever she is in the tournament, I spared her.  Stopped right after the cut scene, so not sure what happens next.)

• Like 2

Week 36

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1312 min. (#2)
2. Crusader Kings III (PC) - 1093 min.
3. Mary Skelter 2 (US, EU) / Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch (JP) (Switch) - 919 min. (#1)
4. Fable (Xbox) - 553 min. (#5)
5. MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories, The (PS4) - 373 min.
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 305 min. (#4)
7. Tell Me Why (Xbox One) - 213 min. (#6)
8. Madden NFL 21 (Xbox One) - 199 min.
9. FitXR (previously BoxVR) (Oculus Quest) - 122 min. (#8)
10. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 108 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 1776 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1222 min. (#6)
3. Switch - 1090 min. (#2)
4. Xbox - 553 min. (#5)
5. Oculus Quest - 427 min. (#3)
6. PS4 - 373 min.
7. PS2 - 74 min. (#4)
8. Vita - 51 min.
9. iOS - 46 min. (#7)

Total 5612 minutes and 23 different games on 9 different systems.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare is back into 1st place after four weeks as the runner-up. The new game Crusader Kings III (September 1st) marches into second place and brings the PC platform to a second place as well, though systems wise the Xbox One is dominant for another week.

• Like 5

Android Phone:
QBlock / Block Puzzle [Studio Beetles] - 26 min.

A lazy half hour in bed on a Saturday noon before finally getting up to go shopping. I noticed the jury in the MSXdev contest reviewed the Block Puzzle game there as something new and refreshing, which was how I thought too before I entered the Google Play Store a few weeks ago and saw there are 13 on a the dozen of these games.

• Like 2

Finally some modern gaming time logged this week! In addition to my usual Atari 2600 HSC time logged and an hour or so of Alien 3 on the Game Boy (I didn't beat it but got pretty far into it), I spent a nice leisurely bit of time with the newest expansion for Doom II on the Switch. :)

Ineligible

Alien 3 (Game Boy) - 69 minutes

Doggone It! (Atari 2600) - 102 minutes

Ms. Galactopus (Atari 2600) - 40 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom II: Back to Saturn X - 335 minutes 

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

546 minutes (9 hours 6 minutes) [335 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 335 minutes

Atari 2600: 142 minutes

Game Boy: 69 minutes

• Like 2

PC

Crusader Kings III (1189 min)

Starship Commander: Arcade (13 min)

XB1

Tell Me Why (209 min)

Oculus Quest

FitXR (88 min)

Beat Saber (422 min)

Continuing my conquest of Britannia with my kingdom of Ireland, which is going...okay, I guess. Still getting used to the differences between CK3 and CK2.  The final chapter of Tell Me Why came out this weekend, so I finished it up and found the whole ting pretty enjoyable. The puzzles were head-scratchers, but not difficult enough to have to give up and look online, which was nice, and only one of the mini games was annoyingly difficult.  On VR, I tried a game called Starship Commander: Arcade, which uses voice and eye-tracking as controls. Pretty cool, if very short, experience. I believe it was created for VR arcades (hence the name), and ported to Steam.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 2

PS4 Beach Buggy Racing 5 hours.   I've owned this 2 years and decided to beat the entire game, of which there are many races. The game crashed trying to save, and I lost hours of gameplay progress on the save file (it reverted to an older version??? Not sure what happened).  So I played some more, but every 5 races or so I'd reboot the game (maybe there is a memory leak if you play too long at one time, I thought).    

Beat the final 1000cc race/boss, also had enough money to level-up some extra vehicles to 500cc and 1000cc and try them out.  I like the surf guitar soundtrack and the many beachfront locations of the races, makes it unique.  But I think I'm done with the game now. 

• Like 2

Week 37

Top games

1. Crusader Kings III (PC) - 1189 min. (#2)

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 899 min. (#1)
3. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 422 min. (#6)
4. Doom II: Back to Saturn X (Switch) - 335 min.
5. Beach Buggy Racing (PS4) - 300 min.
6. Tell Me Why (Xbox One) - 209 min. (#7)
7. Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita) - 183 min.
8. FitXR (previously BoxVR) (Oculus Quest) - 88 min. (#9)
9. QBlock / Block Puzzle [Studio Beetles] (Android Phone) - 26 min.
10. Starship Commander: Arcade (PC) - 13 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 1202 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One - 1108 min. (#1)
3. Oculus Quest - 510 min. (#5)
4. Switch - 335 min. (#3)
5. PS4 - 300 min. (#6)
6. Vita - 183 min. (#8)
7. Android Phone - 26 min.

Total 3664 minutes and 10 different games on 7 different systems.

The Crusader Kings climb one place from last week and take over Call of Duty, which also secures the systems title to the PC just ahead of the Xbox One. For the second time this year, all 10 games tracked enter the top list.

• Like 4

So it seems that the Mario games in the new Switch collection are emulated and not ported, so they get listed as their old systems and not Switch.

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy - 86

GameCube
Super Mario Sunshine - 239

Vita
Kangokutou Mary Skelter - 1448

Finale got delayed, so I got the original Japanese Vita version on Monday. The maps are unbelievably huge in this version (or are they just ultra tiny in its remake?) and they made quite a few changes in its remake, which is why I wanted to play the original version, as it's essentially a different game... there is a certain other spoilers-type reason to play this version instead of its remake, though. It looks really good on both my Vita and my Vita TV, but as usual with Compile Heart, and Compile Heart Vita games in particular, the only thing lower than the budget is the framerate...

PC
StarCraft II - 40

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 4

A pretty excellent week for gaming around here this past week! While continuing my play through of the latest Doom II expansion on the Switch (and as a note to @carlsson apparently the Switch version is not called "Back to Saturn X" as I logged it last week, it's simply "BTSX Episode 1") I also spent quite a bit of time on Atari 2600 HSC games. I really enjoyed all 3 of the new homebrew games last round, and I've always loved paddle controller games so this current round is proving to be tons of fun and I'm sure next week's will be as well! For the spousal unit's gaming time this past week she did a full play through of Ristar on the Genesis for the first time and really enjoyed it. Ristar is definitely one of those often overlooked classics that any fan of the 16-bit era of gaming should check out, and now I'm thinking I might have to do a play through of it myself next week. :)

Ineligible

City Defence (Atari 2600) - 27 minutes

Circus Atari (Atari 2600) - 119 minutes

Ms. Galactopus (Atari 2600)- 20 minutes

Ristar (Sega Genesis) - 234 minutes

Warlords (Atari 2600) - 38 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom II: BTSX Episode 1 - 370 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

808 minutes (13 hours 28 minutes) [370 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 370 minutes

Sega Genesis: 234 minutes

Atari 2600: 204 minutes

• Like 4

PC

Crusader Kings III (751 min)

Hypnospace Outlaw (97 min)

Tabletopia (194 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (490 min)

FitXR (89 min)

In CK3, I'm continuing to try and form Britannia through Irish rule, Wales and Scotland are pretty much mine, but England was conquered by the Norse, creating the Empire of Danelaw, so it's not just England I'd be fighting...time to get creative with some alliances, I think. My current ruler is super diplomatic, nobody can hate him for long (plus he's a nice guy, so doing cruel crap stresses him out).

Played Hypnospace Outlaw last night. Uh...this game is a trip. A mix of the authoritarianism from a game like Papers Please and browsing through the gated AOL-like 90's internet.

Played Dominant Species on TT on Saturday and got my ass handed to me as the Amphibians.  Fun, though. In VR, I think I may take a break from FitXR. Lately, instead of just punching out at the targets at about 50%, I'm throwing like I'm trying to beat someone to death (I blame the little score numbers that shoot out; the harder, the better), and now my shoulders are giving me trouble. Might warm up with a different game this week and see if that helps.

• Like 4

Week 38

Top games

1. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 1448 min.
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 937 min. (#2)
3. Crusader Kings III (PC) - 751 min. (#1)
4. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 490 min. (#3)
5. Doom II: BTSX Episode 1 (Switch) - 370 min. (#4)
6. Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) - 239 min.
7. Tabletopia (PC) - 194 min.
8. Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita) - 112 min. (#7)
9. Hypnospace Outlaw (PC) - 97 min.
10. FitXR (previously BoxVR) (Oculus Quest) - 89 min. (#8)

Top systems

1. Vita - 1560 min. (#6)
2. PC - 1082 min. (#1)
3. Xbox One - 1020 min. (#2)
4. Oculus Quest - 579 min. (#3)
5. Switch - 370 min. (#4)
6. Gamecube - 239 min.
7. Wii - 86 min.
8. PS2 - 85 min.
9. PS4 - 57 min. (#5)
10. iOS - 9 min.

Total 5087 minutes and 17 different games on 10 different systems.

Mary Skelter is back, but on a different system! This week is dominated by a Sony system, but instead of one of those PS2, PS3, PS4 (or the most current PS5), it is the Vita that secures a double, well ahead of both Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Crusader Kings III. A nice variation of systems make the Classic and Modern trackers feature exactly as many different systems this week.

• Like 5