IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

Not much to say this time.

Switch
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 1,572

Yay, it's back! This time it's actually been released instead of a 15 minute demo at an event! I think I described it as being just like its prequels but also completely different, which sounds weird but is actually a very good description. This time the Switch version is the one that has problems and runs worse than the PS4 version, but both games got not just 1 but 2 separate patches on day 1! What the hell?! There are still problems with the Switch version, though.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 16

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 53

Can't play the PS4 version while laying in bed being lazy and I've never gotten Remote Play to work properly, so not much time went into this version. It's kind of weird to play a game and then play its sequel and at the beginning of the sequel your previously ridiculously powerful characters that beat the last boss are now back to level 1 and have trash equipment and no skills again for some unexplained reason.

• Like 2

In spite of being pretty under the weather and lousy feeling this week I actually had a pretty darn good time gaming and made some accomplishments in the process! First I played through and beat Resident Evil 7 on the Xbox One twice, getting both of the two different endings, and I had an absolute blast with it. I love the whole Resident Evil series so I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite of the bunch, but Resident Evil 7 is definitely right up there with the GameCube REmake of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4 for the title of favorite entries in the series. 

Next up I got around to finally doing something that I had been putting off for months, finishing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Switch. I knew I had done almost everything I needed to do for the main quests, all that was left was to find the last 2 lost memories and then go fight Ganon, so Saturday night I finally just went ahead and did it. I had been putting off the final boss fight for a long time since I didn't know if I was ready for it, but it turns out after completing all the main quests and most of the side quests I was massively overpowered and just cut through Ganon like a hot knife through butter :lol: 

Those couple hours I spent playing Breath of the Wild for the first time in months really reminded me what a wonderful game it was and how much I loved it, so tonight I went back and started a new game to play through it all again. This time I think I'm going to tackle a lot more of the side quests and make a commitment to play through the entire game without ever fast traveling; to make it feel more realistic and really enjoy the ambiance and scenery of the world. I also got in a bit of Atari 2600 time this evening, playing Astroblast for the HSC paper medal bracket until I had gotten a sufficiently high score to get me into the next round of the tournament (311,795 in this case, which was a new personal best for me). 

Well, I think that's all the news from around here for this week! All that's left to do is post my household's times then get back to my second play through of Breath of the Wild. Best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

EmROupSU8AEyJF9.thumb.jpeg.88b884cb78de3587d63faebc66353a01.jpeg

Ineligible

Astroblast (Atari 2600) - 112 minutes

Nintendo Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 305 minutes

Xbox One

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 1,178 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,595 minutes (26 hours 35 minutes) [1,483 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Xbox One: 1,178 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 305 minutes

Atari 2600: 112 minutes

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

In spite of being pretty under the weather and lousy feeling this week I actually had a pretty darn good time gaming and made some accomplishments in the process! First I played through and beat Resident Evil 7 on the Xbox One twice, getting both of the two different endings, and I had an absolute blast with it. I love the whole Resident Evil series so I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite of the bunch, but Resident Evil 7 is definitely right up there with the GameCube REmake of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4 for the title of favorite entries in the series. 

Next up I got around to finally doing something that I had been putting off for months, finishing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Switch. I knew I had done almost everything I needed to do for the main quests, all that was left was to find the last 2 lost memories and then go fight Ganon, so Saturday night I finally just went ahead and did it. I had been putting off the final boss fight for a long time since I didn't know if I was ready for it, but it turns out after completing all the main quests and most of the side quests I was massively overpowered and just cut through Ganon like a hot knife through butter :lol: 

Those couple hours I spent playing Breath of the Wild for the first time in months really reminded me what a wonderful game it was and how much I loved it, so tonight I went back and started a new game to play through it all again. This time I think I'm going to tackle a lot more of the side quests and make a commitment to play through the entire game without ever fast traveling; to make it feel more realistic and really enjoy the ambiance and scenery of the world. I also got in a bit of Atari 2600 time this evening, playing Astroblast for the HSC paper medal bracket until I had gotten a sufficiently high score to get me into the next round of the tournament (311,795 in this case, which was a new personal best for me). 

Well, I think that's all the news from around here for this week! All that's left to do is post my household's times then get back to my second play through of Breath of the Wild. Best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

EmROupSU8AEyJF9.thumb.jpeg.88b884cb78de3587d63faebc66353a01.jpeg

Ineligible

Astroblast (Atari 2600) - 112 minutes

Nintendo Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 305 minutes

Xbox One

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 1,178 minutes

1,595 minutes (26 hours 35 minutes) [1,483 minutes eligible]

Xbox One: 1,178 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 305 minutes

Atari 2600: 112 minutes

You and I are in sync lately on the modern side.  I just finished up RE7 earlier this year and now am getting deep into BotW

• Like 1

PC

Mini Metro (86 min)

Planet Coaster (266 min)

Portal 2 (165 min)

XB1

NHL 20 (246 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (413 min)

Not a lot of gaming this week. Finished the NHL season by winning the Stanley Cup. Didn't expect that, but the team was pretty good. Completed the off season, but I'll probably set the game aside for a while. Played a bit of Mini Metro and Planet Coaster this weekend, plus played a couple more levels of Portal 2 co-op with my brother.

• Like 2

Week 45

Top games

1. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (Switch) - 1572 min.
2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Xbox One) - 1178 min. (#8)
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 1072 min.
4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 987 min. (#3)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 413 min. (#6)
6. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 326 min. (#7)
7. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 305 min.
8. Planet Coaster (PC) - 266 min.
9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 251 min.
10. NHL 20 (Xbox One) - 246 min. (#5)

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2411 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 1893 min. (#6)
3. Wii U - 1072 min.
4. PC - 672 min. (#3)
5. Oculus Quest - 413 min. (#4)
6. Xbox 360 - 326 min. (#5)
7. iOS - 251 min. (#7)
8. PS4 - 53 min. (#8)

Total 7091 minutes and 16 different games on 8 different systems.

Kangokutou Mary Skelter is back, perhaps for her final performance?! Resident Evil 7: Biohazard and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild both also exceed 1000 minutes of playing. BotW is represented twice, but even combined Zelda would not beat Mary this week. Systems wise, the XB1 still is in top followed by Switch.

• Like 2

Just the one game again this week...

XBox 360

Fallout 3 - 676 min (Streamed for a little over 6 hours on Tuesday, then played a little more off stream on Wed and Thursday.  Did the Rivet City stuff and started wandering.  Finding stuff.  Spent some time just collecting stuff and selling it for caps.  Think my character is around lvl 16 now, but managed to kill a deathclaw... from far away... up on a cliff...  did I mention I was far away?  lol)

• Like 2

So yeah, I got a ridiculously huge number this time. I guess having 3 days off every week and nothing else to do during my off time helped.

Switch
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 2,526

Yes, 42 hours and 6 minutes. Reminds me of when Metal Gear Solid V released and after one week Steam said I'd played it for 70 hours. Not sure how the hell I did that when I was a full-time student, but I know it definitely did not involve sleeping.

Anyway, it seems I am still only about 75% of the way done with this game from what I can tell. Long game is long. Should finish by Wednesday... maybe.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 73

Temporarily dropping the PS4 version. Will delete my PS4 save file and completely restart this version when I finish the Switch version.

PC
Star Wars Squadrons - 22

Apparently I can't play this game online any longer because every time I try I get an error code 327 message.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with Rising Storm - 40

I'm not sure what the proper title of this game is anymore since it's been changed a few times. At first it was Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, but then Rising Storm was released and was its own thing for a while, but now the Steam store page says Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with Rising Storm.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Hoooo boy was this a big week for gaming! The most time I've ever spent playing a single game in a week I think. I logged a whopping 53 hours in the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! It was partly due to Breath of the Wild being an utterly awesome game (possibly the greatest video game ever made, in my very subjective opinion) and partly due to going through some not-so-great real life stuff that made me want to hide away from reality and be somewhere else for awhile, but in any case I've been having a great time with it and will be returning to playing Breath of the Wild just as soon as I finish typing this post. The misses also logged an hour and a half or so in New Super Lucky's Tale this week, but that's it for the gaming news from around here :)

EmtVE2uVcAAj-0C.thumb.jpeg.614f636daf2409d837335a0a1bffafe6.jpeg

Nintendo Switch

New Super Lucky's Tale - 85 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 3,185 minutes

3,270 minutes (54 hours 30 minutes) [3,270 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 3,270 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 2

Extra Life Marathon Week

Xbox One

LA Noire: 1,106 minutes

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 811 minutes

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (!): 142 minutes

iOS

Pop! Blitz: 77 minutes

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 69 minutes

**As of Tuesday, my Xbox One minutes are played on the Series X, but I don't think that impacts the tracker, as all of the games are Xbox One games.

• Like 3

PC

FUSER (912 min)

XB1

Sea of Thieves (591 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (472 min)

As a fan of music rhythm games, and Harmonix in particular, I've been looking forward to FUSER for a while. Pretty cool DJ sim, and a lot more in depth than I expected and really good mix of music.

Started playing Sea of Thieves this weekend with 3 other friends and I'm really enjoying it. We're all new to it, so we got our butts handed to us by a veteran crew, but otherwise had a lot of fun.

• Like 2

Week 46

Top games

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 3185 min. (#7)
2. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (Switch) - 2526 min. (#1)
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 1178 min. (#3)
4. LA Noire (Xbox One) - 1106 min.
5. FUSER (PC) - 912 MIN.
6. Game Dev Studio (PC) - 853 min.
7. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 811 min. (#4)
8. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 676 min. (#6)
9. Sea of Thieves (Xbox One) - 591 min.
10. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 472 min. (#5)

Top systems

1. Switch - 5796 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One - 2688 min. (#1)
3. PC - 1827 min. (#4)
4. Wii U - 1178 min. (#3)
5. Xbox 360 - 676 min. (#6)
6. Oculus Quest - 472 min. (#5)
7. iOS - 146 min. (#7)
8. PS4 - 73 min. (#8)

Total 12856 minutes and 19 different games on 8 different systems.

Whooa! With six different contributors ranging from 11 to 54 hours each of playing, we set a new all-time record this week. The old record was 10297 minutes so it is surpassed by almost 43 hours. In the top of the games list, we have Link (Breath of the Wild) ahead of Mary (Kangokutou) by a healthy margin of almost 11 hours. These two make up for 44% of the total minutes, or 53% if we would include the Wii U version of BotW as well.

Systems wise the Switch is the most played console (45%). While I don't keep easily accessible stats for number of minutes per system and week, it must be one of the biggest numbers to date as well.

All-time top 5 at the moment:

1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 79724 min.

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 43448 min.

3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 29100 min.

4. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 20407 min.

5. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 19373 min.

• Like 5

Actually if we combine both the classic (c:a 1972 - 1999) and modern (2000 - 2020) trackers, the overall record is 13011 minutes so the modern tracker was only 155 minutes (2.5 hours) away from setting an all-time record covering all systems. It kind of makes sense that gaming on systems from the last 20 years equals gaming from systems from the first ~27 years.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

Switch
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 2,501 (estimate)

I finally finished this ridiculously long game after somewhere around 115 hours or so. I lost count of my time since I was not paying attention to how long it took me to beat the final boss, hence the estimate. Then I got to sit through 22 (!!!!!!!!!) different endings, a handful of other event scenes for the supporting characters, and 12 (!!!!!!!!!) sets of unique credits. Yay... I guess. That took a long-ass time, as expected, and there are still another 11 (!!!!!!!!!) endings that I haven't gotten to yet! Yes, this game has 33 different endings! I think I should mention that this game has the single most BS requirement to see the true ending in video game history, and I am not exaggerating. I met it without even realizing that I did, but if I hadn't, it's literally no longer obtainable to anyone in the entire world, so I would be... extremely displeased.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 862

Yay, Mary Skelter Finale: Blast Processing™ Edition returns! It runs way better on the PS4 than on the Switch. That MUST mean the PS4 has Blast Processing™ and that the Switch doesn't. Everyone from North America (and maybe some people from elsewhere) knows that Sega has Blast Processing™ and that Nintendon't, but I NEVER would have thought that Sony does, too! No way~

PC
Star Wars Squadrons - 50

I actually got the game to connect to the server for about 2 matches less than 30 minutes after my previous post complaining about how I could never get the game to connect anymore. Then it stopped working again. Maybe the servers are overloaded or something whenever I try to play the game. Still unsure how to fix this, but I may give up trying.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Xbox One

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 945 minutes

LA Noire: 128 minutes

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds: 89 minutes

Xbox Series X

NBA 2K21 Next Generation: 157 minutes (this is a next-gen specific version of NBA 2K21, so I listed it separately)

iOS

Pop! Blitz: 833 minutes

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 14 minutes

• Like 2

Another week spent playing lots of Breath of the Wild, though not nearly as much as last week. I also started a new game of the 2016 DOOM remake that I've been playing off and on as well for a little variety. :)

Nintendo Switch

DOOM - 570 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 1,470 minutes

2,040 minutes (34 hours 0 minutes) [2,040 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 2,040 minutes

• Like 3

PC

FUSER (172 min)

XB1

Sea of Thieves (216 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (373 min)

Not much gaming this week, too exhausted during my down time during the week. Just some more of what I played last week.  Not quite done the campaign in FUSER yet, and my SoT group started the in-game story quests.  Hopefully my energy levels are a bit better this coming week.

• Like 3

Week 47

Top games

1. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (Switch) - 2501 min. (#2)
2. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 1470 min. (#1)
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 1083 min. (#3)
4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 945 min. (#7)
5. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - 862 min.
6. Pop! Blitz (iOS) - 833 min.
7. DOOM (2016 reboot) (Switch) - 570 min.
8. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 462 min. (#8)
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 373 min. (#10)
10. Game Dev Studio (PC) - 230 min. (#6)

Top systems

1. Switch - 4541 min. (#1)
2. Xbox One - 1496 min. (#2)
3. Wii U - 1083 min. (#4)
4. PS4 - 862 min. (#8)
5. iOS - 847 min. (#7)
6. Xbox 360 - 462 min. (#5)
7. PC - 452 min. (#3)
8. Oculus Quest - 373 min. (#6)
9. Xbox Series X - 157 min.

Total 10273 minutes and 18 different games on 9 different systems.

In another rather busy week (5th most minutes this year), Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale comes out on top ahead of two instances of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, with another instance of Kangokutou further down the list. Systems wise, the Switch is back at dominating the list and we got a new entry with the Xbox Series X. Now we're waiting for anyone to play a PS5 specific game.

• Like 3

Switch
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch - 3
Testing some stuff to help someone on GameFAQs.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 2,057

3/5 done. I am progressing much faster this time, but I'm starting to hate some of the weird character builds I decided to do and I regret doing about half of them since they don't work well together at all. Not a problem to completely fix everyone since it's possible to do so, but I want to see how it plays out for the duration of the game. Will stick to non-strange builds next time.

PC
Star Wars Squadrons - 200

I figured it out. I can apparently only play this game online during certain times of the day because of server overload... I think. Mornings and afternoons are okay. After about 1700 or so is not, but sometimes it does work if I stay up past 0100 or so (lol not worth it. I'd rather sleep).

Browser-based
Gamespot 404 page - 12 (estimate)

So I should probably explain this one. Gamespot has a really boring untitled roguelike thing on their 404 page and it's been there for at least 6 or 7 years or so, but I decided to finally try it for a while. It's boring as hell. Don't believe me? Here's a URL that gives a 404: https://www.gamespot.com/ws5e4/ See? It's boring as hell.

• Like 1