Sign in to follow this  
carlsson

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

PS2 

Ghost in a Shell 17 

Katamari Damacy 30 

Wii 

Scene It: Bright Lights Big Screen 29 

X360 

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel 25 

Alpha Protocol 40 

Battlefield Bad Company 2 35 

Blood Stone 007 15 

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 21 

Call of Duty Black Ops 25 

Syndicate 9 

XOne 

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition 130

A bit of variety as I tested some last gen games on Wii and 360 that I recently bought on line.  I've also now got a modded PS2 in my house and my brother and I dinked around on that for a little bit.  More Minecraft too . . .

• Like 4

XB1

Life is Strange (1114 min)

PC

Democracy 3 (610 min)

Dicey Dungeons (73 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (376 min)

FitXR (75 min) [was BoxVR]

Considering how much I liked playing it 5 years ago (and it was 5 years ago, not 7, the "2013" date on the save file was the in-game date), I was surprised how much I forgot about LiS, aside from a few key moments, including pretty much everything about the last two episodes. So that made replaying a lot more enjoyable. The first episode is free on all the platforms it's on (which is everything) if you've never checked it out.

Saw that Democracy 4 is coming out and remembered I have, but never played, Democracy 3. One of the campaigns, I tried simulating the current administration in the US. Through the 4-year term, GDP dropped like a rock, which lead to Extreme Nationalism, which lead to Race Riots, and the term ended with Contagious Disease. Story checks out.

Dicey Dungeons is a cool "dice builder", definitely check more of that out this week.

• Like 3

Xbox One

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 1,612 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 34 minutes

Tried to take advantage of good playlists & double weapon XP since Tuesday of this week.

I'm now 90.82% and I can see the finish line! (up from 74.46% last Monday)

• Like 1

Week 31

Top games

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1612 min. (#1)
2. Life is Strange (2015) (Xbox One) - 1114 min.
3. Death end re;Quest (PC) - 982 min. (#6)
4. Democracy 3 (PC) - 610 min.
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 376 min. (#9)
6. Doom 3 (Switch) - 355 min. (#7)
7. Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2) - 300 min. (#3)
8. Minecraft (Vita) - 243 min.
9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 145 min.
10. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition [Physical] (Xbox One) - 130 min. (#2)

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2856 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1700 min. (#2)
3. Switch - 600 min. (#3)
4. Oculus Quest - 451 min. (#6)
5. PS2 - 347 min. (#4)
6. Vita - 291 min. (#7)
7. Xbox 360 - 170 min. (#10)
8. DS - 60 min. (#8)
9. iOS - 34 min. (#9)
10. Wii - 29 min.

Total 6538 minutes and 29 different games on 10 different systems.

CoD: Modern Warfare still is our #1 game, followed by the first episode of Life is Strange. Since both are Xbox One games, it dominates the systems list. As usual many games are recurring from last week, though with as many as 16 new entries this week we're now up to 882 unique entries. We ended 2019 with 665 unique games so that is an increase by almost 1/3 in 7 months.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

I think you missed my 154 minutes of StarCraft II...

So what should I do if I play both the Japanese and US versions of the same game on the same system? I'm guessing list them together, unless you specifically want to track them separately since the titles are slightly different. I'm also not planning on playing the US version next week, anyway, since I mostly was playing to help do some bug testing for the guys over at GameFAQs.

Lots of Mary Skelter 2 in Japanese again but on a different system, not a whole lot of anything else aside from a few random visual novels. No Strange Journey this time.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 91

Japanese PS4 version. Bug testing to help people over on GameFAQs who found a potential solution to a strange glitch.

Switch
Bokuhime Project - 79
Flowers: Les quatre saisons - 32

My reading ability is still not good enough to play Flowers in Japanese. The kanji is so difficult that there is occasional furigana so native Japanese readers can read properly. Some day...
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch - 1,329

Yes, that is the full title of the Japanese version. Maybe they thought you might forget what system you are playing it on...? According to Famitsu, this version only sold 2,056 copies before dropping off the sales chart completely, so I imagine it will be very expensive among hardcore Japanese Switch collectors in 20~30 years. Not sure if times for this and the US version count together or not...

Mary Skelter 2 - 189

US version. Bug testing for GameFAQs people again. So yeah, I'm not sure if the US and Japanese versions count collectively or not, but if so, the total between the two Switch versions is 1518. I won't be playing this version next time, anyway.

Nurse Love Syndrome - 29
Sonic Mania Plus- 94

GBA
Metroid Zero Mission - 44

PC
AM2R - 9

I love this game, but I wasn't feeling it at the time, so I only played for 9 minutes and quit.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

I think you missed my 154 minutes of StarCraft II...

So what should I do if I play both the Japanese and US versions of the same game on the same system? I'm guessing list them together, unless you specifically want to track them separately since the titles are slightly different. I'm also not planning on playing the US version next week, anyway, since I mostly was playing to help do some bug testing for the guys over at GameFAQs.

Sorry, yes I overlooked that figure so I'll include it with this week instead.

Generally if two regional versions of the same game are identical except for language, we group them. If they differ in more aspects, perhaps level designs, gameplay or something that makes one version significantly different, we list them separately.

In the case of Mary Skelter 2, I have no clue if the two just differ in language or also in content. For the moment I keep them apart, but can combine if that makes more sense.

Edited by carlsson

51 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Sorry, yes I overlooked that figure so I'll include it with this week instead.

Generally if two regional versions of the same game are identical except for language, we group them. If they differ in more aspects, perhaps level designs, gameplay or something that makes one version significantly different, we list them separately.

In the case of Mary Skelter 2, I have no clue if the two just differ in language or also in content. For the moment I keep them apart, but can combine if that makes more sense.

Okay. For Japanese and US versions of MS2 for Switch, same game is the same, no change other than language.

• Like 1