IGNORED

Atari800 4.2.0 released...

Mclaneinc

18 minutes ago, eugenetswong said:

Oh my goodness! You guys did it!

I tried it all again, but I did a ./configure this time around, since I forgot it last time. It works! Thanks.

Thank you so much for your patience!!

###

In case anybody was wondering, I realized that I should try configuring again, since I saw problems in the recent configure.log, which I read, while I was waiting for a response.

Haha, seems that things that are obvious to "us" Linux guys, like rerunning ./configure after installing new -dev packages, is not that obvious to newcomers :)  The point is that rerunning configure picks up the newly installed development files. If you check the textual output at the end, you can see what is detected and what is not. You can also enable certain things by passing options to ./configure. The first option to try is ./configure --help :)

And run make clean in between adding packages through apt-get or with aptitude, synaptic, or whatever Ubuntu uses. Not strictly necessary, but just to be sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eugenetswong said:

Is this an actual bug? Should it be reported to the developers? I figure that they read these forums, so maybe they would see it here in the context of the discussion.

If not, then should I find a place at their github site to report it?

I'm not sure.  The other guys in the thread didn't seem to hit this issue, even though I did on Ubuntu 16.04

.    Maybe the code is assuming that caddr_t is always going to be present on linux, but some linux distros are removing it because it's outdated?  But that's speculation on my part.

If you want to report it, go ahead.   Maybe they could have the configure step check for the presence of caddr_r, and define it in the code if not present

2 hours ago, eugenetswong said:

Guys, I tried to install the 2 dev packages, and it took up 86.9 MB

Once atari800 is working, you can remove the dev packages with "apt remove"

2 hours ago, ivop said:

Haha, seems that things that are obvious to "us" Linux guys, like rerunning ./configure after installing new -dev packages, is not that obvious to newcomers :)  The point is that rerunning configure picks up the newly installed development files. If you check the textual output at the end, you can see what is detected and what is not. You can also enable certain things by passing options to ./configure. The first option to try is ./configure --help :)

And run make clean in between adding packages through apt-get or with aptitude, synaptic, or whatever Ubuntu uses. Not strictly necessary, but just to be sure.

I've built so many so many autoconf packages it became second nature..  But I do remember how confusing it was when first learning it :)

Hi!

4 hours ago, eugenetswong said:

Is this an actual bug? Should it be reported to the developers? I figure that they read these forums, so maybe they would see it here in the context of the discussion.

If not, then should I find a place at their github site to report it?

Well, it is a leftover from long ago, but if properly configured it was skipped, so nobody noticed. It was commented in https://github.com/atari800/atari800/pull/86 , and finally removed in https://github.com/atari800/atari800/commit/7ae3403945b742a98c8a0f81eef4dfd4dbc3e4d9 , three days ago.

Have Fun!

28 minutes ago, eugenetswong said:

Thanks for the latest answers to my questions, guys!

###

I was thinking of creating a package for Kubuntu, but I am beginning to wonder if it would be worth it, since people seem to be moving away from KDE or Kubuntu.

There are no KDE dependencies in Atari800, so a package created for ubuntu should work on kubuntu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has compiled this on MacOS (10.15)? I am attempting to target=libatari800 and ran into a couple of minor issues first. I had to make sure to -DHAVE_LIBZ and add -lz for linking. After that I hit a #error that tty name was unknown, so I defined __MACOS__ and had it do the same thing as __linux__ did in that block of code. That got me through compiling to linking, and now I am getting this:

CCLD     libatari800_test
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_UI_Initialise", referenced from:
      _Atari800_Initialise in libatari800.a(atari.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Which I could continue to chase down -- but I am now wondering if there is just a proper set of configure parameters I need to throw for a Mac that will have it work without me making modifications to the source and Makefile.

Thanks for any thoughts or insights.

Cheers,

Ron

Hi!

3 hours ago, itripn said:

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has compiled this on MacOS (10.15)? I am attempting to target=libatari800 and ran into a couple of minor issues first. I had to make sure to -DHAVE_LIBZ and add -lz for linking. After that I hit a #error that tty name was unknown, so I defined __MACOS__ and had it do the same thing as __linux__ did in that block of code. That got me through compiling to linking, and now I am getting this:

Don't have a Mac, but there is this issue, with a pull-request: https://github.com/atari800/atari800/issues/82

3 hours ago, itripn said:

CCLD     libatari800_test
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_UI_Initialise", referenced from:
      _Atari800_Initialise in libatari800.a(atari.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Which I could continue to chase down -- but I am now wondering if there is just a proper set of configure parameters I need to throw for a Mac that will have it work without me making modifications to the source and Makefile.

Thanks for any thoughts or insights.

I suspect you would get better responses by filling an issue at github.

Have Fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

9 hours ago, eugenetswong said:

Thanks for all the help, everybody.

Is there a way for me to confirm why the break key doesn't seem to work? When I start Atari800 without any state files, it still doesn't work.I checked .atari800.cfg and it seemed to not contain any significant settings.

Here it works:

image.thumb.png.8b19eec08f2f9ab74029be5ac3e5b3d3.png

If it does not work for you, fill a bug report over github at  https://github.com/atari800/atari800/issues/ , specifying your OS and settings.

Have Fun!

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, goya said:

does anyone know how to build the atari800 emulator for windows 10 using visual studio and sdl for audio and video instead of directx?

Not "officially". You would need to heavily adjust the makefile provided in src/win32/msc/Makefile.

Anything you are missing in current binaries for Windows?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, baktra said:

I can share a bare version now, however there are two issues to address - libpng support (without that the screenshots are PCX) and zlib (to support compressed software images). If you can test the bare version on your old Windows XP, please let me know if it works.

I like to try a version on Windows XP if you still have it...

• 5 months later...