IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

It means that last week, Kaboom! was in place 10 on the Pre-NES list. :) I experimented with adding last week's standings in parenthesis and then realized some of the games may appear on both lists while some only on one of them. Solar Fox was overall #5 in week 1 so that's why it says the same in both lists...

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (January 13th through 19th)...

Arcade:

Devil Fish - 92 min. in 2 sessions

Elevator Action - 39 min. in 2 sessions

Gal's panic - 17 min.

Journey - 51 min.

Commodore 64:

Transylvania - 8 min.

(non-eligible) Graphics Magician - 29 min.

This week I played an assortment of arcade games. I replayed Devil Fish and made it through all four mazes which then repeat, but with changed palettes. In Elevator Action I cleared the first two buildings. Gal's Panic was a bit frustrating because I couldn't quite figure out how exactly you are supposed to move for a good score.

In Journey, I managed to clear the 1st round after some attempts. This is a game about the band Journey, which still has one of the most requested older songs in the "listener charts" of our biggest radio station Ö3 with "Don't stop believing" currently coming in at #28 although, strangely, this song didn't even chart around here back in 1982.

Finally, I played the C-64 version of "Transylvania" mainly to test it somewhat. After that I run Graphics Magician (which is a drawing program rather than a game, thus ineligible for the tracker) which is able to load and dissect the drawing files from Transylvania. Both programs originated on the Apple II before being ported to the C-64 and store their pictures in a vector format (as a series of line and fill commands) rather than as a bitmap. Dithering / mixing multiple colors in one area is also supported. I did all that because in another thread there was a question about porting Transylvania to the TI-99, which in principle is possible, but with some graphics limitations which are particularly evident if a line divides two differently colored area, which is only possible in some distinct locations with the TI's video chip. I also took a look at the inner workings of both the TI Adventure cartridge and the adventures by Penguin Software, the original maker of Transylvania.

• Like 4

My times for the week:

NES:
Back to the Future - 79 min.
Battle Chess - 30 min.
Castelian - 48 min.
Gradius - 55 min.
Musashi no Bouken - 98 min.
Ring King - 75 min.
Super Jeopardy! - 109 min.

Game Boy:
Taikyoku Renju - 5 min.

Beat Back to the Future, Gradius, and Super Jeopardy!, as well as Battle Chess on a lower difficulty.

• Like 4

Another good week for gaming around here this past week! I mostly played Final Doom on the Switch while the misses continued working on the frustratingly difficult Tomb Raider III for the PlayStation (mostly difficult on account of the lack of save points) but I also played a bit of Sega this week too. I got a copy of Shadow Squadron for the 32X in the mail that, while no Star Fox, is still pretty darn cool and I finally beat Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure after having played it off and on since I was problably 8 years old. Awesome! :D

ehEskXL.jpg

Ineligible

Final Doom (Nintendo Switch) - 380 minutes

Sega 32X

Shadow Squadron - 144 minutes

Sega Genesis

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure - 199 minutes

Sony PlayStation

Tomb Raider III - 613 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,336 minutes (22 hours 16 minutes) [956 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sony PlayStation: 613 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 380 minutes

Sega Genesis: 199 minutes

Sega 32X: 144 minutes

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 03, running from January 13 - 19. We logged 3091 minutes of eligible play, playing 31 games on a total of 9 systems.

Top 10:

1. Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 613 min. (#3)
2. Breath of Fire III (PlayStation) - 571 min. (#10)
3. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 271 min. (#4)
4. Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Genesis) - 199 min. (-)
5. Shadow Squadron (Sega 32X) - 144 min. (-)
6. Star Wars: The Arcade Game (Arcade) - 123 min. (-)
7. Super Jeopardy (NES/Famicom) - 109 min. (-)
8. Musashi no Bouken [The Adventures of Musashi Jr] (NES/Famicom) - 98 min. (#2)
9. Devil Fish (Arcade) - 92 min. (PN#5)
10. Back to the Future (NES/Famicom) - 79 min. (-)

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 271 min. (PN#1)
2. Star Wars: The Arcade Game (Arcade) - 123 min. (-)
3. Devil Fish (Arcade) - 92 min. (PN#5)
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 78 min. (PN#2)
5. Dig Dug (Arcade) - 76 min. (-)
6. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Arcade) - 55 min. (-)
7. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 54 min. (-)
8. Ice Hockey (Atari 2600) - 52 min. (PN#10)
9. Journey (Arcade) - 51 min. (-)
10. Squish 'em (Atari 2600) - 41 min. (-)

Top 9 systems:

1. PlayStation (1184) (#4)
2. Atari 2600 (575) (#1)
3. NES/Famicom (494) (#3)
4. Arcade (472) (#5)
5. Genesis (199) (#6)
6. Sega 32X (144) (#10)
7. Atari 8-bit (10) (-)
8. C64 (8) (#8)
9. Game Boy (5) (#2)

Although the PlayStation 3 doesn't belong to this version of the tracker, this week is won by two PlayStation games both being III in their respective series in form of Tomb Raider and Breath of Fire. Good old Kaboom! is good enough for the pre-NES title. The two PS1 games in the top secures it as the most played system, twice as many minutes as the Atari 2600. While we didn't quite make up for 10 systems this week, I'm including the list anyway.

No new entries to the 1000, 5000 or 10000 Minute Clubs (yes, I added another alarm for that).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (January 20th through 26th, 2019):

Arcade:

Elevator Action - 262 min. in 13 sessions

Lock'n'Chase - 14 min.

Loco-Motion - 10 min.

Turtles - 8 min.

This week I played 4 arcade games, and my main game was Elevator Action, in which I often reach the 3rd building, but never managed to clear it. I also played a bit of Lock'n'Chase inspired by a Youtube video where a new board game called Rubik's Chase was presented, which actually could be adapted well to nearly all 8-bit systems since the main display consists of an 5x5 grid where each cell should be able to hold one of 6 colors, and by basically doing a sliding puzzle you should assemble the middle 3x3 tiles in the given order. I didn't quite manage to beat Turtles this time, and Lock'n'Chase is similar to Pac-Man in a way, but still a bit different. Like Loco-Motion, it was one of the arcade games that were ported to the Intellivision system.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
forgot formatting of heading
  • Like 4

First the big one...

Playstation

Breath of Fire III - 802 min (Got a decent amount of stuff done.  Added Momo, Peco, and Garr to the roster.  Trained up Beyd so he could defeat Zig without my help at all.  Cleared out the Lighthouse and got it turned back on, which of course means I started work on the Faerie village (not sure how much I'll mess with that, though).  I'm at Rodmaster+ on fishing.  And got to Junk Town before I stopped.  This was over a couple days of streaming... about five hours straight one day and around eight or so the other.)

Jaguar

Tempest 2000 - 91 min (Not my best T2K session.  I think I bumped my number 10 score off the high score table, but only with a new number 9.  Still have two spots on the table that aren't mine, and unfortunately, one of them is the number 1 spot.)

Ultra Vortek - 17 min (Just playing around.  I suck at fighting games because I don't play/practice them.)

Zool 2 - 10 min (Again just messing around.  Started seeing multiple lines of static going up and down screen.  Will need to research if it's just dirty carts or something more serious with the system.)

• Like 4

ATARI 2600:

Canyon Bomber (for HSC) - 70 minutes

Donkey Kong (for HSC) - 25 minutes

Draconian - 115 minutes

Squish 'Em - 34 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Commando - 87 minutes

Pac-Man Collection - 78 minutes

This week, I spent more time playing these games because I'm on 15-day vacation, which started last Monday, and will end on Feb 3th.

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My Pac-Man Collection gameplay footage - new record attempt on Ms. Pac-Attack (Plus OFF, Fast ON, Apple and 3 lives) - Score: 142,120

2) My Draconian score over 1 million / 100 sectors (Quadrant Gamma, Sector 1 and KIDS difficulty)

draconian_20171013_RC6.thumb.png.900bbcfdf1d483f3f48fa562eb6fb0e9.png

draconian_20171013_RC6_1.thumb.png.a5eeab5bb12564c066f52c69f45efdfa.png

draconian_20171013_RC6_2.thumb.png.2dfbccc640ac198c0d074599d702f650.png

draconian_20171013_RC6_3.thumb.png.e5ad4356f0c3f058df863dbf5b98d5e1.png

3) My Squish 'Em gameplay footage - new record attempt via console - 55,390 points on Game 1 B/B

Edited by oyamafamily
I forgot to add Commando for 7800!
  • Like 5

I just noticed that I forgot something which still belongs to last week (the week ending yesterday)...

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 22 min.

To make up for this, the time on Elevator Action I gave in my previous post has to be reduced from 262 minutes in 13 sessions to 240 minutes in 12 sessions because I accidentally misattributed the last 22-minute session to Elevator Action instead of Baby Pac-Man, but I realized that error when I went through my logs again today.

I actually played Baby Pac-Man because I read the still ongoing thread about that Atari 7800 port and read that some people found the game to be hard, so I went to give them some tips, but to do that properly, I had to replay the game to see if my tips actually work. ;-)

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
added revised session count
  • Like 3

And I forgot and need to add...

Saturn

PGA Tour 97 - 45 min (Got an Eagle on the par 4 18th hole at the TPC at Spyglass Hill.  Had my drive, which was decent, then an iron shot to get on the green...  but it went in!  And no witnesses... I think I was 4 under par for the round.  Nothing spectacular.  But when I made the eagle, I said, "Whoa!" and my wife gave me a dirty look because she was on the phone with a doctor.  lol)

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 3