IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

This week:

Dreamcast:

Wind and Water Puzzle Battles- 3 hours

Neo XYX- 2 hours

Last Hope Pink Bullets- 1 hour

Atari 2600:

Jaw breaker- 2.5 hours 

SG-1000:

Bomb Jack- 1 hour and 13 minutes

Congo Bongo- 48 minutes 

Chack n pop- 2 hours

MSX: 

Bomberman- 3 hours 

Pooyan- 1 hour 

Bosconian- 1 hour and 20 minutes 

• Like 4

This was one of those "I have no idea what I want to play" kinda weeks after I finished up the bonus content for Alien: Isolation, so I ended up just playing a few old favorite Game Boy and Genesis games then just started playing DOOM (2016) again. :lol: Since the Switch now has two gamed named "Doom" I'm referring to the remake as DOOM (2016) for and the old school one as just Doom for tracker purposes from here on out.

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)

Alien: Isolation - 95 minutes

DOOM (2016) - 465 minutes

Final Doom - 85 minutes

Game Boy

Solar Striker - 35 minutes

Game Boy Color

Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition - 16 minutes

PlayStation

Tomb Raider III - 283 minutes

Sega Genesis

Mortal Kombat - 33 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,012 minutes (16 hours 52 minutes) [367 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 645 minutes

PlayStation: 283 minutes

Game Boy: 35 minutes

Sega Genesis: 33 minutes

Game Boy Color: 16 minutes

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 06, running from February 3 - 9. We logged 2318 minutes of eligible play, playing 31 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 283 min. (#5)
2. Fantastic Voyage (Atari 2600) - 234 min.
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 190 min. (#10)
4. Bomberman (MSX) - 180 min.
4. Wind and Water Puzzle Battles (Dreamcast) - 180 min.
6. Jawbreaker (Atari 2600) - 150 min.
7. Chack'n Pop (SG-1000) - 120 min.
7. NEO XYX (Dreamcast) - 120 min.
9. Elevator Action (Arcade) - 81 min. (#7)
10. Bosconian (MSX) - 80 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Fantastic Voyage (Atari 2600) - 234 min. (PN#7)
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 190 min. (PN#5)
3. Bomberman (MSX) - 180 min.
4. Jawbreaker (Atari 2600) - 150 min.
5. Chack'n Pop (SG-1000) - 120 min.
6. Elevator Action (Arcade) - 81 min. (PN#3)
7. Bosconian (MSX) - 80 min.
8. Bomb Jack (SG-1000) - 73 min.
9. Mario's Cement Factory (Nintendo G&W New Wide Screen) (Handheld/Tabletop) - 60 min.
9. Pooyan (MSX) - 60 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (629) (#2)
2. Dreamcast (360)
3. MSX (320)
4. PlayStation (283) (#1)
5. SG-1000 (241)
6. Game Boy (112)
7. Arcade (91) (#5)
8. Handheld/Tabletop (60)
9. NES/Famicom (59) (#3)
10. Atari 8-bit (49)

This week is won by Lara Croft, about 50 mins ahead of the HSC game Fantastic Voyage which instead takes the pre-NES title another 40 mins ahead of Solar Fox. A few aftermarket games for the Dreamcast, a couple uncommon entries on the MSX and SG-1000 and an even more uncommon entry in the handheld category. Actually I've got a bunch of G&W:s and others that I intended to power on for a while now. I hope those still are working! Systems wise the Atari 2600 climbs back into first place in a list where only four of the top 10 systems from last week remain, which is a good turnaround given we have some 14-15 systems each week to rotate through.

No new entries to the 1000, 5000, 10000 Minute Clubs.

Everyone are welcome to join. If you have minutes not yet posted, we'll include those for next week!

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this week (February 10th through 16th) on classic systems...

Atari 2600:

Seaquest - 26 min.

Commodore 64:

Wizball - 60 min. in 3 sessions

I basically played two classic games this week. In Seaquest on the Atari 2600 I strived for a 100,000 point score which I didn't quite reach. I also didn't reach it in Wizball on the Commodore 64, but managed to get a few color pots complete.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I had to look this one up- that's pretty neat!

When that surfaced, it was a really big revelation! I've never actually played the SNES Earthbound, only this one.

I beat it back in 2003 with savestates, and am now doing a legit playthrough, though it may take a while as I tend to play RPGs when I can multitask, i.e. if I'm on the phone or watching trash TV with my wife. :D

• Like 3

ATARI 2600:

Gorf (for HSC Silver Medal Tournament) - 10 minutes

Space Invaders - 28 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 60 minutes

EVIDENCE OF THE WEEK: My Pac-Man Collection gameplay footage, with Puck-Man turbo mode and KEY level

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 4

Sorry for the late post guys and gals, I got a bit sidetracked by some projects I was working on this afternoon, but better late than never as they say! :)

Ineligible

DOOM 2016 (Nintendo Switch) - 85 minutes

Game Boy

Pipe Dream - 55 minutes 

PlayStation

Tomb Raider III - 74 minutes

Sega Genesis

Arcade Classics - 51 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 503 minutes 

Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits - 218 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

986 minutes (16 hours 26 minutes) [901 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 772 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 85 minutes

PlayStation: 74 minutes

Game Boy: 55 minutes

Most of the this week was spent playing all the different game variations in Ms. Pac-Man on the Sega Genesis, and I really love that the Genesis version of Ms. Pac-Man has an actual ending if you're able to complete all 32 mazes in the Mini Mazes, Big Mazes, or Strange Mazes variations on a limit of 4 continues. I was able beat the Mini and Strange maze variations, but I ended up failing the Big maze variation on the very last level with just 4 dots left to eat. Yowzers was that ever frustrating!

I'm sure I'll go back and play it again though, and I especially love that every game variation can be played on pac-booster (fast mode) like the mod chipped Ms. Pac-Man arcade machines you sometimes find. The two player simultaneous modes with one player playing as Pac-Man while the other plays as Ms. Pac-Man is another standout feature that makes the Genesis version of Ms. Pac-Man definitely my favorite Pac-Man game on any system, just barely edging out Pac-Man Collection the 7800.

Other than the Ms. Pac-Man time logged it was just a little bit of this and a little bit of that around here this past week. I got a copies of Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits and Arcade Classics for the Genesis in the mail midweek, and while Arcade Classics was pretty awful (I don't know how Sega could have screwed up Centipede, Missile Command, and Pong so badly but they sure did and all 3 games played slower than molasses in January) the Williams compilation was pretty darn awesome! I had a ton of fun hooking up both of my Genesis arcade sticks and playing a proper twin stick game of Robotron 2084, and the ports of Defender, Defender II, Joust, and Sinistar all seemed pretty good too. Defender especially. 

Anyway, that's all for this week! And now if you'll excuse me, I have a severe case of existential dread to go attend to as I turn 35 years old in half an hour. :lol:

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 07, running from February 10 - 16. We logged 1597 minutes of eligible play, playing 21 games on a total of 9 systems.

Top 10:

1. Ms. Pac-Man (Genesis) - 503 min.
2. Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (Genesis) - 218 min.
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 184 min. (#3)
4. Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 74 min. (#1)
5. Pac-Man 4K (Atari 2600) - 72 min.
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 71 min.
7. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 60 min.
7. Wizball (C64) - 60 min.
9. Golf (Atari 2600) - 58 min.
10. Pipe Dream (Game Boy) - 55 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 184 min. (PN#2)
2. Pac-Man 4K (Atari 2600) - 72 min.
3. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 71 min.
4. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 60 min.
4. Wizball (C64) - 60 min.
6. Golf (Atari 2600) - 58 min.
7. Donkey Kong (Atari 8-bit) - 29 min.
8. Space Invaders (Atari 2600) - 28 min.
9. Seaquest (Atari 2600) - 26 min.
10. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 15 min.

Top 9 systems:

1. Genesis (772)
2. Atari 2600 (474) (#1)
3. PlayStation (74) (#4)
4. C64 (60)
4. Atari 7800 (60)
6. Game Boy (55) (#6)
7. NES/Famicom (50) (#9)
8. Atari 8-bit (29) (#10)
9. Arcade (23) (#7)

Ok, so the past week was a Pac-Man week if we include his wifey to the count (40% of all minutes recorded). Otherwise the turnout was a bit on the meager side, not often a game can end up on the overall top 10 list with less than one hour of game play. Also most of the games listed were new compared to the week before.

Systems wise the Genesis dominates this week after being absent the previous week. Together with the Atari 2600, those two make up for 78% of the minutes, almost as dominant as the Xbox One and Switch tend to be over at the modern games tracker.

We do have a new entry to the 1000 Minute Club in form of Ms. Pac-Man (Genesis) which becomes member #394 with 1211 minutes played.

Finally, happy birthday to Jin Skippy B. Coyote!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

Finally, happy birthday to Jin Skippy B. Coyote!

Aww, thank you Carlsson! In spite of my initial anxieties over the unstoppable march of time and getting older, it ended up being a pretty darn great birthday this year! There was pizza, cake and ice cream, and I went out to the theater to see the Sonic the Hedgehog movie; which was surprisingly awesome and just a ton of fun. In somewhat related news, I used some of my birthday money to pick up a new copy of Sonic CD to replace my old one that died of bit rot! It's been a while since I've played Sonic CD and I'm really looking forward to playing it again, so Sonic CD will definitely be making a tracker appearance in the not too distant future. :)

• Like 4

Atari 8-bit:
Mr. Do! - 60 min.

And I try, oh my God do I try. I try all the time, in this institution... yet I can't manage to get any particularly good score on this game. I'll just have to accept fate and count on that later in the year, many of the participants in the HSC will drop off so I can get easy points mainly from participation.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (February 17th through 23rd)...

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 10 min.

Commodore 64:

Wizball - 242 min. in 5 sessions

This week I mainly played Wizball on the Commodore 64. I got farther in the game than I hoped for (about 70% complete, estimated), but it went downhill from there.

I also played a bit of Baby Pac-Man on the 7800, mostly because I told my team leader at work that I had participated in programming the game, and he mentioned it again when we had lunch with some colleagues, one of which wants to show old IT things to pupils at school to show them how IT used to look like in earlier decades. So she's looking for examples like 5 1/4" floppy disks, and she also plans to show them this game on an emulator after I've helped her install it on her laptop.

• Like 4

Went to the arcade again...

Arcade

Dig Dug - 5 min (A couple games on this one, too.  Did better than I have previously on this machine, but still not great.  I always have to play at least 1 game of Dig Dug if it's in an arcade I'm in.)

Mario Bros - 10 min (Got the high score on this one, too, but it wasn't much of a challenge.  It was pretty low.  I guess it resets when the power is off and must've been off recently.)

Ms Pac Man - 30 min (Got high score.  Then beat my previous score.  Watched some others play, but no one beat me.  I'm no great Ms Pac Man player, but apparently better than the other random players who tried after me.  hehe...  This is one of those machines that is set to fast play, and I love it.  If we had stayed another hour or so, I probably would have worn a blister on my finger.  I could feel it starting to form.)

Tempest - 5 min (Just a couple games.  I suck at the arcade.  Need more play time.  I'm better at T2K.  lol  )

Playstation

Breath of Fire III - 405 min (Progressed further.  Got the boat, trying to make some kind of food for the mayor of a town.  Gotta look up how to do that.  I've done it in the past, but don't remember how to do it now.  May spend some time fishing and try to get some of those nice weapons from the Manillo shop.  Plan on playing a few more hours of it tomorrow.)

• Like 4

Times for the week. All Atari 2600. 
Atari Invaders 10 mins

Breakout 15 mins. Score of 864

Dodge’em 10 mins

Eggomania 48 mins. PB of 246,486. 
Hero 10 mins. 
Lock and Chase 14 mins 

Solar Fox for HSC. 102 mins. Leading with 30 mins left

Squish’em 34 mins. PB of 41,530. This is my favorite 2600 home brew. 

all great games. 

659A8F2F-58E6-49F9-BE00-CF70184703EE.jpeg

919BE89D-7117-44BC-9474-3607CDD1B71E.jpeg

75D8F9D1-21B2-447C-A486-D3327430F647.jpeg

• Like 3