IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

My times for the week:

NES:
Kyoro Chan Land - 74 min.

Super Pitfall - 126 min.

Beat Super Pitfall (the first quest, at least, which is good enough for me).

Kyoro Chan Land is the Japanese (Famicom) version of Castelian, aka Tower Toppler, aka Nebulus, aka whatever other monikers that game has had. It's got a different sprite for the protagonist, and unlike the NES version, has passwords.

• Like 5

I can't believe it, but this is the first time I have logged anything in the classic tracker in 2020.  Instead, I've been playing A LOT of modern games.  

Arcade:

Star Wars Arcade (SEGA 1993) 20

Star Wars Trilogy (SEGA 1998) 94

After we discussed the many Star Wars arcade varieties last year, it took me until March to fully emulate 2 Star Wars arcade games this year.  First I played 1998's Star Wars Trilogy.  Apparently you can now emulate this 100% in MAME, but I already had it configured to run in a SEGA emulator called "supermodel," so I played it there.  Runs great on a new laptop that I just got last week.  SEGA's 1993 Star Wars Arcade game emulates just fine, it but wasn't much fun to play.  I think I'd have more fun playing the 32x version of this game at some point.

• Like 5

It was a pretty standard week around here in terms of gaming time logged, though the time was divided over just a few games. First I did a play through of Double Impact, the new Doom expansion that was recently released for classic Doom on the Switch, then after a quick run through of Samurai Shodown on the Genesis I spent the rest of the week doubling down on my efforts to finally finish The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm on the 4th and final Divine Beast at this point, so after I complete that dungeon all that's left to do is finish finding all of Link's lost memories then go fight Ganon... though I'm sure I'll get distracted by a bazillion sidequests along the way and exploring the parts of Hyrule I have yet to venture out to. :lol:

Ineligible

Doom: Double Impact (Nintendo Switch) - 420 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch) - 950 minutes

Sega Genesis

Samurai Shodown - 56 minutes 

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,426 minutes (23 hours 46 minutes) [56 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,370 minutes

Sega Genesis: 56 minutes

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 10, running from March 2 - 8. We logged 3095 minutes of eligible play, playing 39 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Phoenix (Atari 2600) - 456 min. (#7)
2. Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors' Dreams (Arcade) - 380 min.
3. Spyro the Dragon (PlayStation) - 378 min. (#3)
4. Magical Drop 3 (Sega Saturn) - 180 min.
5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 141 min.
6. Mouse Trap (Atari 2600) - 130 min.
7. Wizball (C64) - 129 min. (#7)
8. Final Fight (Arcade) - 128 min.
9. Super Pitfall (NES/Famicom) - 126 min.
10. Magical Drop 3 (PlayStation) - 120 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Phoenix (Atari 2600) - 456 min. (PN#1)
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 141 min. (PN#6)
3. Mouse Trap (Atari 2600) - 130 min.
4. Wizball (C64) - 129 min. (PN#1)
5. Bosconian (Atari 8-bit) - 119 min.
6. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 68 min. (PN#3)
7. Drelbs (C64) - 58 min.
8. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 35 min.
9. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 32 min. (PN#7)
10. Asteroids (Atari 7800) - 16 min. (PN#8)
10. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 16 min. (PN#10)

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (810) (#3)
2. Arcade (665) (#5)
3. PlayStation (521) (#1)
4. Sega Saturn (235)
5. NES/Famicom (210) (#2)
6. C64 (187) (#6)
7. Atari 8-bit (119) (#9)
8. PC (DOS) (118)
9. Atari 7800 (84) (#8)
10. Genesis (81) (#4)

Phoenix takes advantage of being the HSC game of the week and grabs #1 in both the indivdiual lists as well as it helps the 2600 into #1 in the systems list. Otherwise it is a combination of fighting games, puzzle games, maze games, space games and all other sorts of games, just like a weekly mix should be like.

Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors' Dream (Arcade) becomes member #398 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1311 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I forgot that I sunk some time into the TI994a port of Burgertime, so adding that as well.  (edit edit- i added more time to SFA 1 and 2 from last night)

Arcade:

Street Fighter Alpha -- 240 minutes

Street Fighter Alpha 2 -- 240 minutes

TI-99/4A:

BurgerTime -- 67 minutes

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheObscureGamer said:

EDIT: didn't realize the cutoff date was 2000

No problem, I'll include those in the modern games tracker, just trying to figure out which black console you're referring to. :)

Edit: I take it that Metamorphic Force is a 1993 arcade game and same about Ninja Baseball Bat Man? I don't know if the "2" means somewhere there are updated sequels for some system I'm having issues identifying.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, carlsson said:

No problem, I'll include those in the modern games tracker, just trying to figure out which black console you're referring to. :)

Edit: I take it that Metamorphic Force is a 1993 arcade game and same about Ninja Baseball Bat Man? I don't know if the "2" means somewhere there are updated sequels for some system I'm having issues identifying.

Revolution is the name of the system. It's got a good amount of sequels to games ?

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (March 10th through 16th) on classic systems...

Commodore 64:

Drelbs - 165 min. in 5 sessions

Non-Eligible:

Rubik's Cube - 21 min.

This week I only played one game, Drelbs on the Commodore 64. By now I've managed to get to the end of the 4th round, but not beyond that. What's interesting about this game is that it runs at an inconsistent speed with many slowdowns, but the relative speed of the objects to each other varies from round to round. Your main enemies get faster and faster, but you slow down from Round 1 to Round 3 and then speed up again in Round 4 while some other enemies slow down.

I also had a session on Rubik's Cube because my father "prepared" the cube with more turns than usual, resulting in a non-obvious solution.

• Like 5

Atari 8-bit:
Bosconian - 22 min.
Boulder Dash II - 8 min.

Not much of gaming done this crazy week, but at least I got a few minutes on the HSC round that ended on Sunday morning (Bosconian) and even fewer minutes on the next round of the HSC (Boulder Dash II). Not a huge fan of BD, I will admit but probably I'll spend a few more minutes trying to figure out some of the early levels.

• Like 4

ATARI 2600:

Centipede - 35 minutes

Ice Hockey - 10 minutes

Pressure Cooker - 100 minutes

All of 3 games played for the NEW HSC Season 9 Silver Medal Finals. The battle is very tough - my opponent is very strong on Ice Hockey and Pressure Cooker.

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 135 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK: Some of my 7800 Pac-Man Collection gameplay footages, with Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Attack

• Like 5

My times for the week:

Atari 2600:
Assault - 6 min.

NES
Earthbound Zero - 20 min.
Kyoro Chan Land - 150 min.

Game Boy:
4-in-1 Funpak: Volume II - 33 min.
Fire Fighter - 62 min.

Beat Kyoro Chan Land on Novice difficulty, and also "beat" 4-in-1 Funpak by winning and/or defeating the CPU in all four games. Apparently I know how to play cribbage and dominoes...

• Like 5

It was a pretty exciting week hardware wise around here this past week, because the Mega SG and it's partner in crime the Mega SD commeth! :D 

bZLKVkK.jpg

Ineligible

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Nintendo Switch) - 465 minutes

Amnesia: Justine (Nintendo Switch) - 35 minutes 

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch) - 615 minutes

Sega Genesis

Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar - 10 minutes

Mortal Kombat - 15 minutes

Samurai Shodown - 18 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog - 15 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 207 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - 10 minutes

Splatterhouse 2 - 5 minutes

Virtua Racing - 10 minutes

Super Nintendo

Star Fox - 51 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,456 minutes (24 hours 16 minutes) [341 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,115 minutes

Sega Genesis: 290 minutes

Super Nintendo: 51 minutes

I tried out a dozen or so different games on the Mega SG for a few minutes here and there, but ended up settling on doing a playthrough of my old favorite Sonic 2 with the misses to really see what it could do. 

Outside of the world's fanciest Sega Genesis / Mega Drive I also spent some time this week making progress in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and at this point in the game I could just go fight Gannon and be done with it if I wanted but there's still a few little side questy things I'd like to do first. The only other game I played this past week was Amnesia: The Dark Descent on the Switch, since I've been wanting to play Amnesia for the better part of a decade since it first came out on PC and I noticed the Amnesia Collection was on sale for $11.99 USD on the Switch eShop this past week so I picked it up. :)

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 11, running from March 9 - 14. We logged 2123 minutes of eligible play, playing 36 games on a total of 11 systems.

Top 10:

1. Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors' Dreams (Arcade) - 240 min. (#2)
1. Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Arcade) - 240 min.
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - 207 min.
4. Drelbs (C64) - 165 min.
5. Kyoro Chan Land [JP Castelian/Nebulus] (NES/Famicom) - 150 min.
6. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 135 min.
7. Donkey Kong (Atari 2600) - 117 min.
8. Pressure Cooker (Atari 2600) - 100 min.
9. Centipede (Atari 2600) - 84 min.
10. Burgertime (TI-99/4A) - 67 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Drelbs (C64) - 165 min. (PN#7)
2. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 135 min. (PN#6)
3. Donkey Kong (Atari 2600) - 117 min.
4. Pressure Cooker (Atari 2600) - 100 min.
5. Centipede (Atari 2600) - 84 min.
6. Burgertime (TI-99/4A) - 67 min.
7. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 55 min. (PN#2)
8. Oink! (Atari 2600) - 50 min.
9. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 49 min. (PN#8)
10. Thunderground (Atari 2600) - 46 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (550) (#1)
2. Arcade (480) (#2)
3. Genesis (290) (#10)
4. C64 (205) (#6)
5. NES/Famicom (170) (#5)
6. Atari 7800 (135) (#9)
7. Game Boy (95)
8. TI-99/4A (67)
9. SNES (51)
10. Intellivision (50)

This week the overall title is shared between the two arcade games Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter Alpha 2, both just over 30 minutes ahead of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. The top pre-NES game is Drelbs from Synapse Software, another 30 minutes ahead of the better known maze games in the Pac-Man Collection. Despite not having any top spots in the two individual lists, the Atari 2600 retains its #1 on the systems list.

None of the games exceed the 1000, 5000 or 10000 minute counters, though we do exceed 30000 minutes for the entire year (30002 to be exact) which then averages to 2727 minutes per week.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

Making the best of the Corona situation with my youngest son. We have gotten to play more this week than normal.

XEGS (which neither of us had ever played before):

Donkey Kong - 30 minutes

Miner 2049er - 35 minutes

Up and Down - 10 minutes

Atlantis - 20 minutes

Beamrider - 25 minutes

Galaxian - 15 minutes

Qix - 10 minutes

3D Tic-Tac-Toe - 5 minutes

Hardball - 18 minutes

Food Fight - 10 minutes

River Raid - 15 minutes

Unfortunately my Demon Attack cart did not work :( I'll have to find another one.

Commodore 64:

Miner 2049er (cart) - 50 minutes

Ultimate Wizard (disk) - 30 minutes

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (March 16th through 22nd) on classic systems:

Commmodore 64:

Drelbs - 234 min. in 7 sessions

This week I continued to play Drelbs on the C-64. But by now I've reached Round 6, and it's pretty fast, so I think I will stop playing this and look for another game to play next week.

• Like 3