IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

My times for the week:

NES:
Barker Bill’s Trick Shooting - 144 min.

Duck Hunt - 2 min.
Freedom Force - 118 min.
Shooting Range - 108 min.

A week of light gun games, though I should note that all of Duck Hunt and 34 minutes of Barker Bill date from April 20: somehow I neglected to transfer those from my handwritten notes to my text file, until now.

Anyway, I made it to Round 11 in Barker Bill, beat the first loop in Freedom Force (albeit with pause strats in the last level), and cleared difficulty level 1 in Shooting Range with a gold medal.

• Like 5

On 5/6/2020 at 1:45 PM, wongojack said:

Hey AGB, I don't know if you are on Facebook, but I thought of you when I saw this:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Atari2600homebrew/permalink/340394376381735/

That link is to download Solar Fox Remix, but homebrewer Scott Dayton (aka @neotokeo2001) is offering to get a .bin with your initials in the game!  Here the text from his post:

SOLAR FOX REMIX Custom Initials (OFFER ENDS 05-12)

Anyone who wants a custom BIN with their initials as the first field just comment, "Custom Solar Fox **", ** being the two initials and I will message you a custom BIN as soon as I can depending on free time..

We did this in the past but we have a few thousand more members now.

SOLAR FOX REMIX - Get ready for all new levels of solar cell collecting. Earth needs ENERGY, get out there and bring it back!

Thank you Wongojack for the link. Unfortunately I am not tech savvy where I can download and play games like that. I would love to play a different but similar version of Solar Fox as I have been playing the same 20+6 screens for 35 years. 

times for the week are;

eggomania 29 mins

entombed for FB HSC 26. An interesting maze game I played for first time. 
ms. Pac-Man for HSC 83 mins 

pac man for HSC 40 mins

solar Fox 79 mins

worm war 1 for FB HSC 39 mins. 
all fun.  

• Like 4

It was a little slower of a week for gaming around here than usual, largely on account of my interest in keeping up with the daily tasks in Animal Crossing starting to wane, but there was still a good bit of classic gaming fun around here! I started off the week doing my second full play through for the year of Alien 3 on the Sega Genesis, this time beating it on normal difficulty for the first time (all my previous play throughs were on easy) and then I took another crack at trying to beat Kid Chameleon. I made it farther than last time this week, but gosh darn that game gets hard towards the end and I never did manage to beat it. That's okay through, because right about the time I started getting tired of Kid Chameleon the new season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club started! 

I've never made it through an entire season of the HSC due to eventual burnout over frustration with not being able to score as well as I'd like, but I'm hoping this season will be the first that I see through to the end if I just focus on playing the games a little each week and not worrying about my score. So, this week I played some Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the HSC, the latter being one of my all time favorite Atari 2600 games, and played a few games of Millipede TB just for fun while I was at it. 

For the misses' gaming time this past week she put the Mega SD to good use and started up a game of Wonder Boy in Monster World for the Genesis, which neither of us have ever played before. It's a really pretty looking game by 16-bit standards and seems to play a lot like Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on the NES, but more charming and less infuriating. :lol:

I think that about covers everything of note for this week, so until next week and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! 

Ineligible

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo Switch) - 195 minutes

Atari 2600

Millipede TB - 22 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 171 minutes

Pac-Man - 36 minutes

Sega 32X

Doom - 24 minutes

Sega Genesis

Alien 3 - 212 minutes

Kid Chameleon - 122 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World - 182 minutes

Sega Master System 

Road Rash - 15 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

980 minutes (16 hours 20 minutes) [785 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 516 minutes

Atari 2600: 229 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 195 minutes

Sega 32X: 24 minutes

Sega Master System: 16 minutes

• Like 3

8 hours ago, agb said:

Unfortunately I am not tech savvy where I can download and play games like that.

If you buy yourself a Harmony Encore (only $55 + shipping) and pop in a SD card, you can load it with all forms of homebrews and hacks including this one and all others. It is not super difficult if you e.g. can handle the memory card from a digital camera.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here's the summary for Week 19, running from May 4 - 10. We logged 2849 minutes of eligible play, playing 37 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 314 min.
2. Alien 3 (Genesis) - 212 min.
3. Protector II (C64) - 202 min.
4. Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis) - 182 min.
5. Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 180 min.
6. Protector II (TI-99/4A) - 164 min. (#6)
7. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 145 min.
8. Barker Bill's Trick Shooting (NES/Famicom) - 144 min.
9. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 139 min.
10. Kid Chameleon (Genesis) - 122 min. (#3)

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 314 min.
2. Protector II (C64) - 202 min.
3. Protector II (TI-99/4A) - 164 min. (PN#3)
4. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 145 min.
5. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 139 min. (PN#8)
6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 79 min. (PN#9)
7. Pac-Man (DINTAR816 8K version) (Atari 2600) - 67 min.
8. Protector (Synapse) (Atari 8-bit) - 67 min.
9. Centipede (Atari 2600) - 45 min.
10. Worm War I (Atari 2600) - 39 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (855) (#3)
2. Genesis (516) (#1)
3. NES/Famicom (372)
4. PlayStation (294) (#2)
5. C64 (202) (#10)
6. TI-99/4A (164) (#6)
7. TG-16/PC Engine (140)
8. Arcade (139) (#4)
9. Atari 8-bit (113) (#5)
10. Sega 32X (24)

The past week turns out to have been a Pac-Man week, at least in the world of Atari 2600. Lara Croft simply is replaced by Ms. Pac-Man at first place. On the systems list, the NES/Famicom is back but none of the systems touch the Atari 2600 in the top.

New members to the 1000 Minute Club:

#405 Alien 3 (Genesis) - 1202 min.

#406 Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 1067 min.

Also Eggomania (Atari 2600) enters the 5000 Minute Club with a total of 5026 min.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (May 11th through 17th) on classic systems...

Atari 8-bit:

Protector (Synapse) - 63 min. in 2 sessions

Protector II - 251 min. in 5 sessions

I continued to play the Synapse version of Protector until I managed to complete the mission (by rescuing the last man before running out of ships). After that I took a quick look at the other levels. At Level 4-6 you actually get a different map.

Then I turned to Protector II which was originally also an Atari 8-bit game. And that original version is actually much smoother than the C-64 version in that some enemies which move character by character on the C-64 move smoothly on the Atari. I didn't manage to complete the misson on this version yet though...

• Like 5

On 5/11/2020 at 4:32 PM, carlsson said:

If you buy yourself a Harmony Encore (only $55 + shipping) and pop in a SD card, you can load it with all forms of homebrews and hacks including this one and all others. It is not super difficult if you e.g. can handle the memory card from a digital camera.

Thank you Carlson. That would be a little difficult  Times for the week are:

atari 2600

Defender 2 for HSC 33 mins

ms Pac-Man 27 mins HSC 

pac man 29 mins HSC 

solar Fox 107 mins

worm war 1 for Facebook HSC 202 mins. Had fun with This game. Got above 500,000 but took 2 1/2 hours To get there so I stopped.
Fun week

2A24EE5A-EFA6-4BF3-8C43-614159C88931.jpeg

9291B034-41C0-4527-9488-5919D48BC27B.jpeg

• Like 4

My times for the week:

NES:
Double Dribble - 49 min.

Gumshoe - 254 min.

Beat Levels 1 & 2 in Double Dribble, with Level 3 yet to beat. And I got to the final boss once in Gumshoe -- over the course of about 100 attempts at Level 4 -- but the game crashed before I could reach him for a second time.

• Like 5

It was another excellent week for gaming around here this past week, as the Mega SD continues to prove itself a worthwhile investment for playing all sorts of Sega games not in my physical library. The big highlight of the week was playing Earthworm Jim on the Genesis for the first time in a good decade or so. It was a favorite game of mine as a kid but I still haven't managed to find a physical copy of it for my Genesis collection these days, so it was nice to spend some time revisiting this wonderfully bizarre and super challenging game on the Mega SD. I also tried out the Sega CD version, though surprisingly I didn't like it quite as much as the Genesis original.

In other Genesis gaming news, I also finished up my game of Tanglewood and the misses is probably about halfway through Wonder Boy in Monster World at this point. Outside of the Sega fun I also had a great time playing in the Atari 2600 high score club once again this week, and rekindled my enthusiasm for Animal Crossing by starting in on some new public works development projects on my island in the game.

Lastly, two more huge 4 episode free expansions were released for Doom on the Switch recently (Deathless and No End In Sight) and I started in on one of them this week! At this point there are so many expansions for the Switch version of classic Doom that I don't know whether Carlsson would like to log them individually or just lump them all together under the heading of Doom, but for the time being I'll be listing the expansions played individually until instructed otherwise. That's all for this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours :)

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 360 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 175 minutes

Atari 2600

Ms. Pac-Man - 17 minutes

Stargate - 56 minutes

Sega CD

Earthworm Jim: Special Edition - 42 minutes

Sega Genesis

Earthworm Jim - 306 minutes

Phelios - 9 minutes

Tanglewood - 247 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World - 111 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,323 minutes (22 hours 3 minutes) [788 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 673 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 535 minutes

Atari 2600: 73 minutes

Sega CD: 42 minutes

• Like 4

No Lara Croft this week...

Jaguar

Tempest 2000 - 150 min (Played through some more Tempest.  Got some a new score on the Top Ten (409988, 8th spot), but still haven't broken the 500,000 point barrier.  One day...)

Raiden - 45 min (I need more practice to get back to where I was when I was playing for the Jaguar High Score Club.  I didn't get past the second level this time around.  If this game had an autofire option, the first loop would probably be a breeze.)

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 20, running from May 11 - 17. We logged 2826 minutes of eligible play, playing 26 games on a total of 8 systems.

Top 10:

1. Earthworm Jim (Genesis) - 306 min.
2. Gumshoe (NES/Famicom) - 254 min.
3. Protector II (Atari 8-bit) - 251 min.
4. Tanglewood (Genesis) - 247 min.
5. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 208 min. (#7)
6. Worm War I (Atari 2600) - 202 min.
7. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 201 min. (#9)
8. Tempest 2000 (Atari Jaguar) - 150 min.
9. Stargate / Defender II (Atari 2600) - 114 min.
10. Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis) - 111 min. (#4)

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Protector II (Atari 8-bit) - 251 min.
2. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 208 min. (PN#4)
3. Worm War I (Atari 2600) - 202 min.
4. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 201 min. (PN#5)
5. Stargate / Defender II (Atari 2600) - 114 min.
6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 107 min. (PN#6)
7. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 85 min. (PN#1)
8. Protector (Synapse) (Atari 8-bit) - 63 min. (PN#8)
9. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 60 min.
9. Centipede (Atari 2600) - 60 min. (PN#9)
9. Frostbite (Atari 2600) - 60 min.
9. LadyBug (Atari 2600) - 60 min.
9. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 60 min.

Top 8 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1036) (#1)
2. Genesis (673) (#2)
3. Atari 8-bit (339) (#9)
4. NES/Famicom (303) (#3)
5. Arcade (201) (#8)
6. Atari Jaguar (195)
7. Sega CD (42)
8. Sega Master System (37)

Sorry for posting the summary so late.

While none of the games totally dominate this week, the top two are Earthworm Jim and Gumshoe, with the A8 version of Protector II and Tanglewood very close behind. Despite many people playing Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man this week, Protector II for the Atari 8-bit takes the pre-NES title, though when it comes to most played system out of the mere 8 represented this week, the 2600 still is in top.

Stargate / Defender II (Atari 2600) becomes member #407 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1020 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Blergh... despite a full day off in the middle of the week, I barely played any video games at all. I had one short session in the middle of the night on my AFP which I record here just to not draw a zero:

Atari 2600:
Atari Climber - 4 min.
Miniature Golf - 2 min.
Video Pinball - 3 min.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (May 18th through 24th)...

Atari 8-bit:

Protector II - 92 min. in 3 sessions

Colecovision:

Frantic - 51 min. in 2 sessions

TI-99/4A:

Protector II - 4 min.

Fathom - 3 min.

This week I managed to complete "Protector II" on the Atari 8-bit in the sense that I rescued most men, but sadly, the last man got lost by losing a life carrying it, not rescuing it, and the game still ended with "The end", not "Mission completed" (not sure if it ever does this). After that I took a look at the other levels, but contrary to "Protector" the game doesn't contain a different map for levels 4 through 6.

After that I revisited the TI-99/4A version of Protector II, also on a higher level, but didn't manage to get very far.

On the TI-99 I also took a quick game of Fathom, but I didn't survive for too long since I don't know what exactly you have to look for. I suppose you're supposed to find the three pieces of the object you should complete, but I ran out of energy before I made it.

Then I revisited "Frantic" on the Colecovision, but I didn't manage to beat the first level this time... I always make some mistakes, sadly.

• Like 3

My times for the week:

NES:

Captain Skyhawk - 12 min.
Double Dribble - 25 min.
Gumshoe - 13 min.
Life Force - 73 min.

Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out - 81 min.
P.O.W.: Prisoners of War - 103 min. 
Super C - 63 min.

Beat Double Dribble (on Level 3), Life Force, Super C, Punch-Out, and P.O.W., in that order.

Life Force was a 1CC, and in Punch-Out I only lost to Super Macho Man -- three times, because I couldn't get the timing right when dodging his Super Spin Punch or whatever it's called.

However I had to reinput the third circuit password and replay the circuit, so when I got to SMM for a fourth time and beat him, then beat Tyson on my first try (!), I ended up earning an undefeated record for Little Mac.

These wins are all over games I beat with cheat codes as a kid (Life Force, P.O.W., Super C), or didn't beat on the highest difficulty (Double Dribble) -- or in the case of Punch-Out, it's that I wasn't 100% sure that I did the Super Macho Man-Mike Tyson double properly, i.e. without using the famous "007 375 5963" skip-ahead password.

So, now I have.

• Like 4