IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

It was one of those "a bit of this, a bit of that" sorta weeks around here this past week. A lot of it was due to recently picking up a RetroUSB AVS and a EverDrive N8 Pro for it, so I just kinda dinked around trying out some different games on it over the course of the week, and since yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of Pac-Man's debut in the arcades a I also played a few different versions of Pac-Man with the misses. For her gaming time this week she continued her quest in Wonder Boy in Monster World (via the Mega SG on the modern HDTV now that we've moved most of our consoles and such over to that) and did a full play through of Contra on the NES with the 30 lives code. Meanwhile, I just kinda went about my usual routine in Animal Crossing and the Atari 2600 high score club when I wasn't trying out random NES games.

Next week I think I'm going to pick out a longer game to do a full play through of, but for the time being I think there's a little more Atari 2600 gaming in my future. :)

xjVbfre.jpg

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 440 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 70 minutes

Arcade

Pac-Man (played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 75 minutes

Atari 2600

Joust - 119 minutes

Stargate - 18 minutes

NES

Contra - 84 minutes

Defender II - 15 minutes

Donkey Kong - 16 minutes

Dragon Spirit: The New Legend - 23 minutes

Millipede - 24 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen) - 14 minutes

Pac-Man (Namco) - 20 minutes

Sega Genesis

Ms. Pac-Man - 75 minutes 

Raiden Trad - 5 minutes

Wonder Boy in Monster World - 112 minutes

Sega Master System

Cloud Master - 36 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,110 minutes (18 hours 30 minutes) [600 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 510 minutes

NES: 196 minutes

Sega Genesis: 192 minutes

Atari 2600: 137 minutes

Arcade: 75 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 21, running from May 18 - 24. We logged 2778 minutes of eligible play, playing 48 games on a total of 10 systems.

Top 10:

1. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 286 min. (#7)
2. Williams Arcade Classics (Sega Saturn) - 240 min.
3. Virtual Golf (Sega Saturn) - 180 min.
4. Joust (Atari 2600) - 159 min.
5. Worldwide Soccer '98 (Sega Saturn) - 120 min.
6. Stargate / Defender II (Atari 2600) - 116 min. (#9)
7. Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis) - 112 min. (#10)
8. P.O.W. (Prisoners of War) (NES/Famicom) - 103 min.
8. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 103 min.
10. Protector II (Atari 8-bit) - 92 min. (#3)

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 286 min. (PN#4)
2. Joust (Atari 2600) - 159 min.
3. Stargate / Defender II (Atari 2600) - 116 min. (PN#5)
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 103 min. (PN#6)
5. Protector II (Atari 8-bit) - 92 min. (PN#1)
6. Spaceman Splorf (Atari 2600) - 82 min.
7. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 75 min.
8. Frantic (ColecoVision) - 51 min.
9. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 35 min.
10. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 33 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Sega Saturn (720)
2. Atari 2600 (647) (#1)
3. NES/Famicom (566) (#4)
4. Arcade (361) (#5)
5. Genesis (192) (#2)
6. Sega Master System (114) (#8)
7. Atari 8-bit (92) (#3)
8. ColecoVision (51)
9. Atari 7800 (28)
10. TI-99/4A (7)

This week is dominated by the arcade game Asteroids Deluxe, primarily challenged by a couple of Saturn games (Bubbles and Robotron: 2084) included in the Williams Arcade Classics compilation. All the Saturn gaming is enough to bring it into #1 on the systems list in a generally strong Sega week.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! (NES/Famicom) becomes member #408 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1075 minutes, right in time for Iron Mike's possible real life comeback. Better hope he hasn't turned into Glass Joe over the last few years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, carlsson said:

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! (NES/Famicom) becomes member #408 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1075 minutes, right in time for Iron Mike's possible real life comeback. Better hope he hasn't turned into Glass Joe over the last few years.

Wow, I'm surprised that Punch-out hadn't already made it to the 1,000 minute club. Great game and it's a classic!

• Like 4

ATARI 2600:

Squish 'Em - 15 minutes

Stampede (for HSC) - 10 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 124 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK: My 7800 Pac-Man Collection gameplay footages

1) Best score of the week - 326,200 (Puck-Man, Plus OFF, Fast ON, 3 lives, Strawberry and one player - with my last man remaining at 08:14 mark)

2) Worst score of the week - 17,950 (Pac-Man, Plus On, Fast OFF, 3 lives, Cocktail and one player - 4 minutes)

• Like 4

Atari 8-bit:
Goonies, The - 20 min.
Tapper - 8 min.

New HSC round, so I put down a little gaming on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately I'm not able to get past the first screen on The Goonies, and haven't really been looking up videos how to do it. For Tapper, we're playing for level/round instead of score and I'm doing a little better on that one though I must admit I prefer the C64 version both in terms of graphics and sound, perhaps even gameplay.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (May 25th through 31st) on classic systems...

Colecovision:

Frantic - 94 min. in 6 sessions

I continued to play Frantic on the Colecovision, but now I think I'm fed up of it for now. I routinely manage to beat the 1st level (5 rooms), and the 2nd level is sometimes unfair, spawning you in the crossfire of two bases. If you're unlucky, you die there, get spawned again and die again immediately. This happened often enough to put me off.

• Like 4

Ah man, school and work-related stuff (or lack thereof for a while) had me playing about nothing and doing other stuff but I picked up some games recently so back to posting times it is.

Apple II

Karateka - 22 minutes

Jaguar

Tempest 2000 - 168 minutes

PDP-11

Dungeon - 78 minutes

The Apple II is out and up again as I realized I still had the pesky RIFA cap in my PSU and needed to remove that before it went poof and made a foul-smelling mess, what better way to test it afterwards than playing something? Turns out I still sucks at Karateka/playing joystick games with paddles is hard but whatever, it looks fun.

T2K has been tons of fun, it was definitely worth the $30 I paid for it anyways, and it's been about all I do with my Jaguar. I look at buying a new game now and then, my collection is just Cybermorph/DOOM/T2K with a single controller on the RF out, but I'm not sure what is or isn't good so I'll need to look into it some more.

The PDP has come along a ton further than when I got it, it's still a very basic system (Q/CD backplane, 11/23+ CPU, 128KW of RAM, and a RQDX3 with a RX50 disk drive) but having storage I can easily swap is super cool. I hope to buy a MFM drive emulator soon so I can have megabytes of space but hey, Dungeon doesn't take more than 130K so it fits fine in the 400K a RX50 disk holds. For those who don't know it's just pre-"Zork" Zork, same game with a different name and text at points, and it's always a ton of fun to run through.

I looked at maybe getting the 7800 out and playing some arcade-y stuff so who knows, maybe some of that for next week? The front of house at work is coming back tomorrow meaning that I'll have to do arcade things to make sure everything is good before next weekend when the state lets us open that portion, I'll definitely have some times logged off those machines as I can't wait to get to mess with those again even if it's a little bit of extra work to disinfect the control panel so often.

• Like 6

My times for the week:

NES:
Captain Skyhawk - 63 min.
DuckTales - 151 min.
Spelunker - 37 min.
Street Fighter: 2010 - 162 min.

Mac OS Classic:
Bugdom - 37 min.

This week I had wins over Captain Skyhawk, Street Fighter: 2010, and DuckTales. All were games I'd beaten before, but with asterisks: a possible level skip code for Captain Skyhawk, savestates for SF2010, and the likelihood that I only completed DuckTales on Easy and may not have gotten the best ending.

I say "possible" and "likelihood" because, while I still have the savestates from when I cleared SF2010 in 2007, I'm not 100% certain about Captain Skyhawk and DuckTales -- those wins were 30 years ago!

Regardless, all three are now legit clears (with the best ending on Difficult mode for DuckTales), and off my "games I need to beat again" list, which is steadily shrinking.

Later I futzed around with Spelunker (another entry on the aforementioned list). Finally I installed and fired up Bugdom, a Mac OS game I had a couple sessions with around 2001-2002, on the iMac of my girlfriend at the time.

My memories of that gameplay were fond, and I've wanted to get back to the game for ages -- but so far, the memories are rosier than the reality of a fairly basic 3D platformer with very repetitive music and an acute need for a map. Ah, well.

• Like 5

It was an unusually small week for gaming around here this past week, mostly on account of rioters trying to burn down my city distracting me from my normal leisure activities like gaming. Thankfully the looting and arson here in Minneapolis / St. Paul seems to be over now, but this was definitely one of the scariest weeks of my life! In spite of everything that was going on in the world though I did make the time to play some Atari to relax, and go about my usual daily activities in Animal Crossing (though I did miss a couple days during the worst of things). The spousal unit didn't get a lot of gaming in this week either, just playing Super C on the NES EverDrive for a bit, but that's alright. I'm just glad my friends and loved ones are all safe and okay. Anyhoo, here's my household's times for the week! 

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 390 minutes

Atari 2600

Frogger - 19 minutes

Joust - 53 minutes

Stampede - 176 minutes

Super Breakout - 21 minutes

Game Boy

The Castlevania Adventure - 58 minutes

NES

Castlevania - 53 minutes

Castlevania II: English Re-Translation (+Map) - 68 minutes

Contra - 5 minutes

Super C - 103 minutes

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog - 17 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

963 minutes (16 hours 3 minutes) [573 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 390 minutes

Atari 2600: 269 minutes

NES: 229 minutes

Game Boy: 58 minutes

Sega Genesis: 17 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 22, running from May 25 - 31. We logged 1930 minutes of eligible play, playing 28 games on a total of 13 systems.

Top 10:

1. Stampede (Atari 2600) - 186 min.
2. Tempest 2000 (Atari Jaguar) - 168 min.
3. Street Fighter: 2010 (NES/Famicom) - 162 min.
4. Duck Tales (NES/Famicom) - 151 min.
4. Joust (Atari 2600) - 151 min. (#4)
6. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 124 min.
7. Super C (NES/Famicom) - 103 min.
8. Frantic (ColecoVision) - 94 min.
9. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 88 min. (#1)
10. Dungeon (pre-Infocom Zork) (DEC PDP-11) - 78 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Stampede (Atari 2600) - 186 min.
2. Joust (Atari 2600) - 151 min. (PN#2)
3. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 124 min.
4. Frantic (ColecoVision) - 94 min. (PN#8)
5. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 88 min. (PN#1)
6. Dungeon (pre-Infocom Zork) (DEC PDP-11) - 78 min.
7. Beany Bopper (Atari 2600) - 60 min.
8. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 58 min. (PN#4)
9. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 43 min. (PN#9)
10. Karateka (Apple II) - 22 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. NES/Famicom (642) (#3)
2. Atari 2600 (553) (#2)
3. Atari Jaguar (168)
4. Atari 7800 (124) (#9)
5. ColecoVision (94) (#8)
6. Arcade (88) (#4)
7. DEC PDP-11 (78)
8. Game Boy (58)
9. Mac OS Classic (37)
10. Atari 8-bit (28) (#7)

Like a herd of cattle, Stampede storms into #1, only 18 minutes ahead of Tempest 2000 and another 6 minutes ahead of Street Fighter: 2010. Welcome back to the PDP-11 and others, though the systems list is headed by the NES/Famicom.

Joust (Atari 2600) becomes member #409 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1096 minutes.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Atari 8-bit:
Baby Berks 2020 - 8 min.
Major Blink 2020 - 27 min.
Rocket Rescue 2020 - 5 min.
Timeslip 2020 - 11 min.

No gaming for an entire week, then a new round of HSC opened which prompted me to play a little. All these are newly updated versions of previous games. I don't know exactly how they're different from earlier versions but supposedly different enough to warrant new entries in the tracker.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this week (June 1st through 7th) on classic systems...

Amiga 500:

Thundercats - 251 min. in 10 sessions

PC (Windows 95-ME):

Cosmic Do! - 10 min.

This week I heavily played the Amiga version of "Thundercats" which I liked playing back in the day. The game has 14 levels, but I never managed to complete the 5th one. You can get much farther if you have patience though because camping at selected spots give you basically unlimited amounts of extra lives before you go on actually advancing in the game. But I didn't have that much patience...

The times for "Cosmic Do!" are actually from last week I posted them in the modern tracker, but Carlsson looked up the game and found it to be classic. Carlsson, unfortunately, I didn't read your reply until this weekend when the times were already tabulated, so I'm re-posting it now here on the classic tracker... I hope this isn't against the rules.

• Like 3