IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

Dreamcast, Skies of Arcadia.   10 hours = 600 minutes. 

Most of that in the last 3 days.  Captain Drachma left us again, Vyse was picked up by a new ship-owning  party member while separated from Aika and Fina.  Now fighting twin rock head bosses at the pirates treasure island .  Probably I should have made more effort to stock up on health goodies before coming here!  The game is sometimes magnificent and fun, but it is marred in some places by the frustratingly frequent random encounter rate! So I would not give the DC version 10/10 rating at this point, but definitely at least 8/10. 

• Like 4

I don't have any time to log for classic games this week, but I did log 200+ minutes for Rare Replay in the modern tracker.  I decided to log it over there because while that collection is very faithful to the original games, I've been playing with some of the features unique to that collection.  I've been trying to get "stamps" and complete challenges or get achievements that just aren't part of the original games.  If I do end up playing one of the games more like I would on an emulator, I'll come over here and log the time.  Anyway, now you can all rest easy as I know you were terribly worried about me - LOL

• Like 4

19 hours ago, agb said:

Atarian, did you get any high scores in Solar Fox and are you enjoying the game?  

I got 453,400 and made it to Rack 27.   Yes, I am liking this game.  When I get frustrated with the HSC game I put in Kaboom! or Solar Fox.

I still have a little trouble with control.  There are times when I feel like I turned soon enough to avoid getting hit but don't make it.   Other times

I'm sure I'm going to get hit but somehow make the turn fast enough.

• Like 1

Here's the summary for Week 24, running from June 8 - 14. We logged 2593 minutes of eligible play, playing 33 games on a total of 10 systems.

Top 10:

1. Cybermorph (Atari Jaguar) - 763 min.
2. Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast) - 600 min. (#1)
3. Sabotage (Apple II) - 156 min.
4. Thundercats (Amiga) - 154 min. (#3)
5. Crackpots (Atari 2600) - 117 min. (#9)
6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 99 min. (#6)
7. Pac-Man Collection XM Enhanced (Atari 7800) - 95 min.
8. Aleste (Jap ver of Power Strike) (Sega Master System) - 69 min.
9. Downland (CoCo 1 & 2) - 53 min.
10. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 48 min.
10. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 48 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Sabotage (Apple II) - 156 min.
2. Crackpots (Atari 2600) - 117 min. (PN#4)
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 99 min. (PN#2)
4. Pac-Man Collection XM Enhanced (Atari 7800) - 95 min. (PN#9)
5. Downland (CoCo 1 & 2) - 53 min.
6. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 48 min.
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 48 min. (PN#8)
8. Squish 'em (Atari 2600) - 46 min.
9. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 45 min.
10. Baby Pac-Man [Bob Decrescenzo] (Atari 7800) - 35 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari Jaguar (763)
2. Dreamcast (600) (#1)
3. Atari 2600 (494) (#2)
4. Atari 7800 (175) (#8)
5. Apple II (156)
6. Amiga (154) (#5)
7. NES/Famicom (70) (#3)
8. Sega Master System (69)
9. Intellivision (59)
10. CoCo 1 & 2 (53)

So where did you learn to fly? Apparently somewhere well enough to put Cybermorph into #1 this week, demoting Skies of Arcadia to second place. On the pre-NES list, the Apple II game Sabotage takes the title ahead of a couple of Crackpots. The Atari Jaguar also becomes the most played system this week, and it strikes that the top 2 systems each are represented by a single game.

Also both the top 2 games make their way into the 1000 Minute Club:

#410 Cybermorph (Atari Jaguar) - 1104 min.

#411 Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast) - 1320 min.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Aha... I'll update the stats. The thing was that Aleste already was listed separately in the tracker so I read that as you played it under that title.

You really should just consolidate the two games... really they are exactly the same and the only difference is the title. 

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (June 15th through 21st) on classic systems...

sorry, no gaming this week. I've fallen behind with my household duties, and my father pushed me to get on with them, so I tried to do something productive this week instead of gaming. On another, maybe more interesting note, I attempted to write a converter that converts video into something for systems with low framerate and throughput, such as the Channel-F or CD+Graphics. The principle would be that on each frame, it finds the portions of the picture that have the greatest difference to the picture now displayed on screen and then changes only those portions... as many pixels are possible, which would be at most 300 pixels per frame (1/60 second) on the Channel F and 1 or 2 tiles of 6x12 pixels each for CD+Graphics. Sadly I didn't manage to solve the problem how to extract the single frames off the movie and get their pixel data. Seems like on my ageing XP machine I don't have any software or libraries that would make this possible... there are some controllable from VB.NET or VB5, but each time I try to copy the picture from the screen, it comes out black because it's only populated directly in screen memory by the graphics card.

• Like 4

Dreamcast, Skies of Arcadia.  9 hours = 540 minutes.

I made it through the Dark Rift, trudged through Mount Fuji dungeon, beat it's boss and got the Blue Moonstone.  Battles still happen too frequently but are not difficult. My party has no trouble wiping the floor with the assorted soldiers or Monsters. Same thing for the ship-to-ship battles, it may take some time, but the Moonstone Cannon on my ship takes down enemies eventually.  I made sure that my ship and my party has enough repairs or health for when I get hit badly.

• Like 4

NES

RC Pro-Am II 158

I haven't played this sequel nearly as much as the original, but I'm happy to say that I did finally make it to the last track.  Its a fun update to the original game which I have played A LOT over the years.  It would be more fun with another human player for sure.

• Like 4

My times for the week:

NES:

Front Line - 4 min.
Jaws - 74 min.
SkyKid - 413 min.

Atari Jaguar:
Cybermorph - 153 min.
Kasumi Ninja - 103 min.

Beat Cybermorph, Kasumi Ninja (on Ninja God difficulty with the best ending), and Jaws.

Then got back to work on SkyKid, aka Sky Kid, aka quite a challenging game. On my final attempt of the week, I reached Level 21 of 26, so I'd like to think I'm getting close.

• Like 5

A solid week for gaming with a lotta variety around here this past week! Outside of going about my usual daily routine in Animal Crossing I played a whole lotta Monopoly on the Switch with the spousal unit, finished up my play through of Resident Evil on the Switch, then just played a bunch of random games for a few minutes here and a few minutes there over the course of the rest of the week. 

One of my big goals for gaming this year is to see the current season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club through until the end this time around, since I've always burnt out part way through and never actually completed a season, but this year it's my top gaming goal to play every single week even if it's not a game I'm familiar with or one that I'm good at. I'm doing pretty well on that goal and haven't missed a week thus far, though I did procrastinate on playing until Sunday night last couple rounds since they've been games that I wasn't familiar with or terribly interested in playing. I'm still sticking with it though, and with any luck I'll continue to do so through the rest of the season :)

Anyhoo, here's my household's times for the week!

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 395 minutes

Doom: Deathless - 130 minutes

Doom: No End in Sight - 55 minutes

Monopoly - 590 minutes

Resident Evil - 60 minutes

Atari 2600

Cosmic Commuter - 12 minutes

Dolphin - 40 minutes

Game Boy

Solar Striker - 15 minutes

NES

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Kid Dracula (Played on Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Nintendo Switch) - 60 minutes

Sega CD

Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters - 22 minutes

Sega Genesis

Lethal Enforcers - 64 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,468 minutes (24 hours 28 minutes) [238 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,230 minutes

NES: 85 minutes

Sega Genesis: 64 minutes

Atari 2600: 52 minutes

Sega CD: 22 minutes

Game Boy: 15 minutes

• Like 3

13 hours ago, thegoldenband said:

Then got back to work on SkyKid, aka Sky Kid, aka quite a challenging game. On my final attempt of the week, I reached Level 21 of 26, so I'd like to think I'm getting close.

I actually had SkyKid when my NES was still kinda new-ish.  I think it was the last game I ever got for it, and I ended up playing it more after a few years when I took the NES to college.  I know I never got to the last level, but I seem to remember getting to 18 or 19 at least once.  It is a VERY challenging game, but there's something about it that is still pretty satisfying for sure.

• Like 3

Here's the summary for Week 25, running from June 15 - 21. We logged 2553 minutes of eligible play, playing 33 games on a total of 8 systems.

Top 10:

1. Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast) - 540 min. (#2)
2. Sky Kid (NES/Famicom) - 413 min.
3. R.C. Pro-Am II (NES/Famicom) - 158 min.
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 154 min. (#6)
5. Cybermorph (Atari Jaguar) - 153 min. (#1)
6. Mojonian Tales (NES/Famicom) - 145 min.
7. Cosmic Commuter (Atari 2600) - 117 min.
8. Kasumi Ninja (Atari Jaguar) - 103 min.
9. Space Jockey (Atari 2600) - 92 min.
10. Dolphin (Atari 2600) - 78 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 154 min. (PN#3)
2. Cosmic Commuter (Atari 2600) - 117 min.
3. Space Jockey (Atari 2600) - 92 min.
4. Dolphin (Atari 2600) - 78 min.
5. Stampede (Atari 2600) - 50 min.
6. Major Blink 2020 (Atari 8-bit) - 40 min.
7. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 32 min. (PN#6)
8. Baby Berks 2020 (Atari 8-bit) - 15 min.
9. Timeslip 2020 (Atari 8-bit) - 12 min.
10. Rocket Rescue 2020 (Atari 8-bit) - 10 min.

Top 8 systems:

1. NES/Famicom (970) (#7)
2. Dreamcast (540) (#2)
3. Atari 2600 (530) (#3)
4. Atari Jaguar (321) (#1)
5. Atari 8-bit (77)
6. Genesis (64)
7. Game Boy (29)
8. Sega CD (22)

Two different skies lead the stats this week, the Skies of Arcadia followed by Sky Kid. Places 3-6 are separated by 13 minutes, of which #4 Solar Fox also becomes pre-NES #1 in an environment where 10 minutes is enough to enter that list. Systems wise, the NES/Famicom makes a big leap from last week and becomes the most played, with a tight battle between a single Dreamcast game and a horde (8 to be exact) of Atari 2600 games.

No new entries to the 1000, 5000, 10000 Minute Clubs. Next week there will be mid-season stats.

Anyone who was late to post or hasn't done so before, feel free to join any time and I'll include your times with the next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

NES

Batman 1989: 5 minutes

AfterBurner(unlicensed Tengen port): 5 1/2 minutes

Contra: 7 minutes

Pesterminator: 8 minutes

Megaman 4: 5 minutes

Nina Gaiden 1: 4 minutes

Sega Master System 

Fantasy zone: 3 minutes

Dynamite Duke: 2 1/2 minutes

Cool spot: 6 minutes

Road Rash: 8 minutes

Gameboy

Faceball 2000: 2 1/2 minutes

Megaman: Dr. Wily's revenge: 18 minutes

Atari 2600

Chopper command: 3 minutes

Fast Food: 5 minutes:

Amidar: 7 minutes

Ms. Pacman: 2 minutes

Bump n' Jump: 4 1/2 minutes

Spider-man: 2 minutes 

Joust: 4 minutes

• Like 4

ATARI 2600:

Cakewalk - 25 minutes

Frogs and Flies (for HSC) - 10 minutes

Kool-Aid Man (for HSC) - 40 minutes

Picnic (for HSC) - 30 minutes

Scramble - 45 minutes

Stampede - 95 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My Cakewalk gameplay footage - 27,400 points on Game 1 B/B

2) My Scramble gameplay footage - 32,740 points on Expert skill

3) My Stampede gameplay footage - almost 6,000 points on Game 1 A/A

• Like 4

Atari 8-bit:
Pitstop - 121 min.

The current A8 HSC round is a bit chaotic, as we don't quite know how to score it or which settings we should settle on. We've tried to narrow it down to 18 different scores out of a possible 54, and leave it to the manager to determine the proper HSC scoring. Apparently Pitstop II was released on the A8 too, but a rather bad version compared to the C64 version, which is why we play the first game.

• Like 3