IGNORED

Coleco version of Saguaro City.

Firefly

Really the only differences between the Beta Saguaro and Tombstone are the graphics are changed for the Cacti they are actual Tombstones and the Morgs seem somewhat faster - also interestingly, there's no white sprite over the Tombstone where the Morgs spawn from like there is on Tombstone City when they spawn off a Cacti.  This makes it somewhat more challenging.  The gameplay's the same for both though, on the TI, you get rid of pairs of Tombstones same as you do Cacti in the released version.  Coleco version without it just seems like a shooter on a timer which is fine but it's not stated that it's not the same game as the TI version which I feel is a bit of a trap if someone knows the game well.  

25 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Really the only differences between the Beta Saguaro and Tombstone are the graphics are changed for the Cacti they are actual Tombstones and the Morgs seem somewhat faster - also interestingly, there's no white sprite over the Tombstone where the Morgs spawn from like there is on Tombstone City when they spawn off a Cacti.  This makes it somewhat more challenging.  The gameplay's the same for both though, on the TI, you get rid of pairs of Tombstones same as you do Cacti in the released version.  Coleco version without it just seems like a shooter on a timer which is fine but it's not stated that it's not the same game as the TI version which I feel is a bit of a trap if someone knows the game well.  

I've been seeing several ColecoVision homebrew ports that leave out significant parts of the games for whatever reason and they can be expensive, but not as bad as the Intellivision scene. I don't have any TI-99/4A computers or emulators. Can you tell me the best emulator? I'd like to try out the original Tombstone City.

3 hours ago, Swami said:

I've been seeing several ColecoVision homebrew ports that leave out significant parts of the games for whatever reason and they can be expensive, but not as bad as the Intellivision scene. I don't have any TI-99/4A computers or emulators. Can you tell me the best emulator? I'd like to try out the original Tombstone City.

classic99 if you run winders or can use wine

js99er.net for a browser based one on any js capable browser