IGNORED

Intellivision GOTY 2019

vprette

Vote your favourite game  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Select a game

• Aardwark (Intvrevolution)
    • Anthropomorfic force (Elektronite)
    • Blix/Chocolate Mine (Midnight Blue International)
    • Deep pockets (Blue Sky Rangers)
    • Deep zone (Intvrevolution)
    • Defender of the crown (Elektronite)
    • Fubar (Intvrevolution)
    • king of the mountains (Blue Sky Rangers)
    • Jungle hunt (Collectorvision)
    • League of light (Intvrevolution)
    • Melody runner (Intvrevolution)
    • Ninja odyssey (Elektronite)
    • Quo vadis (Inty-Home)
    • Robot rubble (Intvrevolution)
    • Spiker (Blue Sky Rangers)
    • Tnt cowboy (Elektronite)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 10:59 PM

59 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Looks like a two horse race. Some great games last year and hopefully a bunch more real contenders to come in 2020. ??

Still no Ghostbusters. I was sure it was going to win this year.  ???

Edited by Rev

7 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

And maybe be able to vote for your top 3 games

That kind of voting might change the outcome by a lot. Over at the Atari 8-bit section, there recently were two different votes for best homebrew of 2019:

Atari Homebrew Awards, run by ZeroPage Homebrew (81 votes). In this voting they had preselected the top 10 most popular games and people could choose 1 from those.

Kaz Kompo, run by Adam and Kaz (87 votes). In this voting they had listed all 79 (!!) homebrews and hacks from 2019. Each participant picked their top 10, and the vote ran both on AtariAge and Atarionline.pl.

In the Kaz Kompo vote, the winner was The Rescue Expedition by a landslide, more than 100 points ahead of any other entry. However in the Atari Homebrew awards, the same game only managed a shared 6th place in the voting! The other games in positions 2-5 however scored fairly equally in both votings. I have no reason to think either vote was rigged, just that one game might get a lot of "2nd best" votes which promotes it to first place, but when you can only pick 1 game, that other game might not get as many votes.

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

That kind of voting might change the outcome by a lot. Over at the Atari 8-bit section, there recently were two different votes for best homebrew of 2019:

Atari Homebrew Awards, run by ZeroPage Homebrew (81 votes). In this voting they had preselected the top 10 most popular games and people could choose 1 from those.

Kaz Kompo, run by Adam and Kaz (87 votes). In this voting they had listed all 79 (!!) homebrews and hacks from 2019. Each participant picked their top 10, and the vote ran both on AtariAge and Atarionline.pl.

In the Kaz Kompo vote, the winner was The Rescue Expedition by a landslide, more than 100 points ahead of any other entry. However in the Atari Homebrew awards, the same game only managed a shared 6th place in the voting! The other games in positions 2-5 however scored fairly equally in both votings. I have no reason to think either vote was rigged, just that one game might get a lot of "2nd best" votes which promotes it to first place, but when you can only pick 1 game, that other game might not get as many votes.

I have discussed with ZeroPage about running the goty, but still devoted to AA ?

• Like 1

Not a fan of the only 1 vote for 1 game system, leaves out other games worthy of some recognition, I thought at least 5 or 6 of these were really good in 2019.

I would be more in favour of pick your top 5 (or at least top 3), with a first place vote worth more than a second or a third. For example I really liked Aardvark, but voted for something else that was technically a bit better, but under this system that meant Aardvark got as little recognition as several lesser games.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2020 at 12:27 PM, vprette said:

I have discussed with ZeroPage about running the goty, but still devoted to AA ?

Good, we like you here.

Congratulations to Electronite on the game of the year award for Defender of the Crown.  This game took a long time to make and finally saw release.  Some day, I'll buy this game and play it.  I never played this game before.  TNT Cowboy gets 2nd place.  I absolutely love the graphics and makes the game look more like a zoomed in Game Gear game.  Very creative reusing the same GRAM but with different color.  One of my favorite Intellivision I brought this year.  Anthropomorfic force is insanely impressive graphics wise.  I need to play it more to get to the end of the game, I got to level 3 or 4 if I remember correctly.

Honorary mention:  Aardwark is pretty impressive arcade port.  Has the good animated ant eater like the Atari 2600 version. Very challenging and hard. 

Did not mention: Quo vadis

14 hours ago, vprette said:

as far as I know we can only choose 1 vote or open multiple vote, meaning not top 3 or similar...

I know Albert spent some money on improved polls for the AA homebrew awards, in order to not disclose voting results along the way. Perhaps it is possible to order additional functionality like pick #1, #2, #3 if people pool up money for that? I regularly fill in online surveys with such functionality so it is not an unheard of concept.

Or, since this year's voting was fully open, skip the voting form alltogether and have people post their top 3 lists in text form like the Kaz Kompo did both here on AA and on the Polish site. It takes more work from the host/moderator to tally up all the votes but gives more flexibility. If you want to be anonymous about your voting, you could even PM the voting host. The options are endless, depending on what one wants to achieve and the steps to get there.

Edit: Or use something like Google Forms, Survey Monkey etc which are outside of the AtariAge realm but tailored for such functionality.

Edited by carlsson

8 hours ago, carlsson said:

I know Albert spent some money on improved polls for the AA homebrew awards, in order to not disclose voting results along the way. Perhaps it is possible to order additional functionality like pick #1, #2, #3 if people pool up money for that? I regularly fill in online surveys with such functionality so it is not an unheard of concept.

Or, since this year's voting was fully open, skip the voting form alltogether and have people post their top 3 lists in text form like the Kaz Kompo did both here on AA and on the Polish site. It takes more work from the host/moderator to tally up all the votes but gives more flexibility. If you want to be anonymous about your voting, you could even PM the voting host. The options are endless, depending on what one wants to achieve and the steps to get there.

Edit: Or use something like Google Forms, Survey Monkey etc which are outside of the AtariAge realm but tailored for such functionality.

can we link google forms to be visible here? otherwise it's like running the vote outside AA